Will existing cars be updated with the new tires?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by avenger82, Aug 27, 2018.

1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Yeah
    But yeah with ABS off snap oversteering while braking with front-heavy GT3 car with long wheelbase is questionable. It depends on setup of course (brake bias , brake pressure), but now the same AMG GT3 no longer snap-oversteers while braking.

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The AMG GT3 is a front mid engine car with the engine behind the front axle and not in front or on it. So its not really front-heavy, even the gearbox is mounted in the back

3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

If that's really the case (I didn't find reliable source to confirm) then It's weird why driver who races it would say it's front engine.Maybe it was simplification. Anyway why now after tire model update(and probably some physics tuning) it no longer snap oversteer when braking? Is it so different setup? I tested this car in Raceroom and pCars1 and IIRC it also doesn't do it. I don't have it in AC but I'm pretty sure it would just go straight after tires lock up.

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The engine is in simple topic in front compared to a Porsche or AudiR8 but from the technical aspect you have to call it front mid engine car . I know it from here but its in german
    The main reason for snap oversteer under braking is the brake distribution. If I am correct in Rfactor 2 it was 49 percent to the rear and in Assetto only something nearly 40 percent. That's something related to the driving style or track conditions. There is not a single truth

5. avenger82

avenger82 Registered