Default showroom: Suggestions/Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ernie, Sep 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ernie

Ernie Registered

• FOV slider or parameter needed: I don't know, if this is my 21:9 monitor, but the FOV in the current default showroom feels like 200 with extreme distortions. The car looks warped like hell.
    • Please give us a less restricted camera movement: More range for movement and zoom, to check liveries for some details would be welcomed. And why is the camera stopping at the rear of the car and i have to do almost a three-sixty to check both sides of the rear fender?
    • Please reduce the reflection of the floor slightly or use a different floor texture: IMHO the reflecting floor doesn't fit well to this warehouse-style showroom.
    • And just to add an old bug (mentioned here) ..... the winglets on the front of the McLaren 650s GT3 are still cut.

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

@Ernie .
    The default showroom is a piece of junk. For all reasons stated in your post.
    Get a third party one.

The warping is something that is lessened in other showrooms but still exists. The perspective is what's wrong. It's a on track problem as well in my opinion. The cars look elongated at most view point.

Painting and viewing liveries is a real pain when you have to use rF2 as the viewer. Max scenes are at least 3 times fast. Save your livery as psd and Max updates immediately.

Ernie likes this.
  3. Ernie

Ernie Registered

No. Any recommendations?
    Well, i don't have Max. I'm still painting in 2D. :oops:

(PS: I wish i had a similar showroom like the one in Content Manager for AC) :rolleyes:

4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

FuNK! and Ernie like this.
  5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The main problem of the standard showroom is the performance.

Even with an i7 4770K, SSD, 16 GB RAM and GTX 1080, loading times are excessive.

Even after an earlier loading.

I advise the many showroom of ASR FORMULA.

ceecee likes this.