RCD Talent files - can't seem to make them work!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bruno Carneiro, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Bruno Carneiro

Bruno Carneiro Registered

Hi!

I'm creating my own package mod of vehicles (using unpacked vehicles from Enduracers mod and Simtek's GT3 mods to create a multi-class series of GT3, LMP2 and LMP3) for my personal use. It's all pretty much done, but I can't seem to make the talent files work! The cars show up according to the categories I used, they drive fine, the physics are fine, the sounds work, driver names are consistent with the .veh files, they appear in the opponent selection screen. But the driver skills are seemingly random (within their class), at every track.

It's all in a single package, with teams mas files separated by car type (so, I have a 488GT3_TEAM.mas, a 650SGT_TEAM.mas, a ORECA05_TEAM.mas, etc.) with the skins and .veh files and the respective .mas files from the mentioned mods (with physics, sounds, etc.).

Every car, in every .veh file, has the same class.

Classes="WSCC"

The class appears in the opponent selection screen without a problem, and it works fine.

The rcd file is called WSCC.rcd and is in a mas called WSCC_talent.mas (I also tried WSCC_TALENT.mas with no success either) and the package is called WSCC.rfcmp

Talent file goes like this:

Followed by the other drivers (32 in all, from all classes).

I keep some drivers at Speed = 0.0 and QualifySpeed = 0.0 to test if it works. It never has. They are just as fast as the others.

I've also tried separating car classes and making each .rfcmp package only have one car type, and each package would have a separate .rcd file with only the drivers from that package. Same result, doesn't work.

There are no missing or duplicate "{", all driver names match the names in the .rcd file, I've google everything I could. I cannot put the .rcd files directly into the MAIN.mas because it's not possible to access that file for the Enduracers mod (which also has a talent file outside of the MAIN.mas file, as EnduRacers_TALENT.mas and I assume it works). My .rcd talent file is partially based on EnduRacers' .rcd file as well.

My .veh files look like this, for example

I assume something is missing from the .rcd file and it's being ignored, but I don't know what it could be. Also, maybe there is a mistake in the packaging, but I don't know where. As others suggested, I changed tracks multiple times when testing the talent files, as was recommended. Any help is much, much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

1. I think rcd file must be in the main mas of car. Try own mas for different car classes and own class in .veh file so as own rcd for every of that classes.
    2. dont know if "default" with bracket before in rcd file is necessary,- cant have a look by now.
    otherwise syntax of rcd looks ok.
    Greets Pete

3. Bruno Carneiro

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I can't put the .rcd file into MAIN because I can't access the MAIN mas in EnduRacers mod (it's encrypted).

The "default" part is present in both the EnduRacers mod .rcd and the F1_1988 mod .rcd but I'll admit I don't know what it does or how necessary it is.

I tried making different classes for each car class (i.e. WSCC_GT, WSCC_P1, etc.) and thus a different .rcd and TALENT file for each class (WSCC_GT.rcd and WSCC_GT_TALENT.mas) but got the same results.

4. General_RIMT

General_RIMT Registered

i had those same issues when i was making my own Endurance mod with similar cars too. i determined it was the Classes line in the .RCD file that was causing it. So instead, i took that line out of all the cars, and put in the car description line "*WEC*" at the beginning of it. so it was like: Desciption = *WEC* LM Porsche #93. and i put the *WEC* for all the cars in the description, and then i selected all the classes that had the cars in them, and loaded the track with zero drivers. and then i add all the *WEC* cars through the "ADD AI" button in the weekend. click the little button next to it to bring up all the cars, and the *WEC* cars are all grouped together so u just click em all. it's the best i can do. i've gotten very used to it and it's really easy to then go back into the skins files i have and "BOP" the cars to make them more balanced. (i have them unpacked in the UserData/Settings Folder.) For me, this is easier. but this is my way. just thought i'd share. Also, my rcd's talent lines (skills and agressiveness etc. ) are in the individual rcd files within the car skins folder, not in all one rcd talent folder (which does work but was't needed for the kind of open "mod" i was doing). here's my post about what was going on: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/editing-skins-rcd-file-can-you-edit-ai-skill.158290/

5. Bruno Carneiro

Thanks for the reply, @General_RIMT. It looks like you're using the virtual ride function, is that correct? As in, you create virtual drivers and edit the .rcd files created in User Data/Settings folder, instead of unpacking mods then repackaging them with your custom skins and files.

I'm doing the later, at least at first. Maybe I'll have to use virtual rides as well, unfortunately.

6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Problem with Virtual Rides is that if the driver shares his name with any driver already in the mod it won't work.

7. Bruno Carneiro

Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I'd have to re-package the mod without talent files and without drivers, just the car physics and sounds and generic .veh files, then "create" the drivers (and assign skins and talent) through virtural rides. I'll probably try that method and see if it works.

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I'm trying it with a 2014 F1 mod at the minute that has no talent files. Going to rename all the drivers by number (44, 77, 6, 17 etc) and create a virtual ride for each one. Then set the two Mercedes to be the fastest with Hamilton just better than Rosberg and go backwards from there.

9. Bruno Carneiro

Yeah, I'll probably do something similar. Strange, though. An F1 2014 mod without talent files (and, I assume, all cars have the same hdv) is just a random mess of results.

10. General_RIMT

General_RIMT Registered

Lol correct! that is literally the opposite of what F1 is today :)