Latest Roadmap Update - August 2018

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 31, 2018.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Modern Monza would be great, even Imola or Montreal for my tastes...
    I see a lot of people hoping for Nord, to be honest I am bored of it...would be better Le Mans!!!

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I wish it was either Singapore gp or Monaco laser scanned.
    car wise, modern f1, rf2 really needs an official modern f1 car, or an official Aussie v8 supercar

I know it won’t be any of those though but hey I can wish

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

An iconic fast car? Batmobile.

lagg and felthat like this.
  4. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

"iconic, fast, competition proven"

My guess is: laser scanned Le Mans
    If I remember correctly, during the latest community night, they mentioned that the next laser scanned track will 'tick a lot of boxes'.

I also makes a lot of sense given the company name (S397), and the choice of new cars this year (GTE/LMP)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    analogearthquake84, Louis and ekki like this.
  5. analogearthquake84

analogearthquake84 Registered

Since we have the GTE and LMP2 classes, there can be no proper LS Le Mans.

6. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Nürburgring or die grüne Hölle. What ever we will get. I'm sure it's gonna be fantastic.

muzikant and Alessio Feletto like this.
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

the "competition proven" part makes me believe it's a car or a brand tho, not a track

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  8. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

Mario Andretti :p

JimmyT, Eric Rowland and Emery like this.
  9. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Le Mans & Mclaren F1 (GT1) ;)

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  10. Depco

Depco Registered

The fact that S397 announced the laser scanning of sebring and no such announcement was made for any specific track suggests the announcement will be a car.

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Iconic, fast and competition proven, obviously it is Usain Bolt, lol

lagg, Ernie and Emery like this.
  12. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Since we are all speculating, how about some of the long standing licensed content: maybe the 1968 Indy Eagle or the Bentley LMP1 or ?Now that's speculation!!

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Bentley license was used to make the GT3 car, I think they said it long ago.
    Would be nice if they used the Indycar licenses to do the current car instead, but I think it's not possible

14. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Maybe these 3 words refer to a car and not to a circuit.

But a new scanned laser circuit comes (or will soon be) to production : we can speculate on it ! ;)

My heart tells me the Nordschliefe and especially all the configurations of the Nurburgring, which would make this track also exceptional for people who play 100% of the time online.

The reason tells me Le Mans, but this circuit is in my opinion really suitable only for really fast cars, which excludes the majority of possible combos.

Your opinions interest me (I mean, not just what you want ;) ).

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

Nords would surprise me. RF2 has a "small" userbase, and smaller subset who will buy DLC. Just thinking how many manhours it would take to reproduce Nords, cost of licence, versus income from sales? Hmm

I'd still like to be proven wrong ;)

Dookie and AMillward like this.
  16. stonec

stonec Registered

Well let's be frank, you are not gonna be able to run Nordschleife with 60 AI cars. Having a Nordschleife available with the same level of detail and precision as Sebring probably means we all need to buy new PC's, from the simple fact that the track area is something like five times bigger at least. So maybe it's better to wait for the tech to catch up and have Nords made in year 202X without compromises.

My bet would be Le Mans or Monza.

Louis likes this.
  17. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

They'd probably be able to bring out 4 laser scanned tracks for the price of Nords and I would certainly prefer that.
    Too big a task and maybe a resource hog as well.
    Still think the announcement is about a car but either way I expect they will choose a track that is commonly used in endurance racing again, looking to further promote the heritage of the sim.

AMillward and Mauro like this.
  18. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

This is the wrong way to think in my point of view.
    Independent of how many users and supporters S-397 and rF2 have at the moment, the Nordschleife on the same level of quality like Sebring could be a real gamechanger for the franchise. The title would become much more popular and would get a huge boost in attention, let me say over night, than with any other track we have in the world by far. And it would fit perfectly to the endurance-features rF2 provides with dynamic weather changes, day and night cycle, tire-model and so on.n

Of course to get the boost we all hope for we also need a competitive online multiplayer system. And I will also not discredit all the other great tracks like Le Mans, Monza...and any other one which was mentioned here.

Anyway even if it is not the Nordschleife, I would be not disappointed. Of course I understand that the expanses are outstanding by far as well. I'm just looking forward to the next steps of rF2! :)

vittorio likes this.
  19. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I'll be extremely disappointed in them if they decide to build the Nordschliefe. Similar argument will apply for Le Mans. These are very singular tracks that actually don't get a lot of use online, but more importantly, they suck up far too much resources to build when 3 or 4 'normal' tracks could be built for the same effort. I didn't agree with iRacing doing both of these back-to-back and we went about 2 years with just these two tracks + Imola. At least in that case, they already had a lot of tracks in game so the indulgence of one could be forgiven, but not both. In the state S397 are with a lack of decent tracks available, putting your resources on this is a waste of time and effort. We need more tracks, faster, at this stage. Getting Endurance tracks is a good target, just not those. Track development is way too slow.

I think the phrase relates to a car, and we know they are building Mclarens for the Shadow competition. I think they'll do the new GT3 and also the M23 or maybe the MP4/4, which will be a bit of a let down.

Guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks. I really don't care much about the content. I want to see the UI and competition infrastructure.

Emery, David Kolody, coltair and 3 others like this.
  20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

same people who bought Sebring will buy Nords and even more i can say
    by the way after sebring laser scan track i think we are getting more new players

Nitrometh and Patrick Schumacher like this.