Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Do we get a 3rd car class (Amateur), target newbies ?
    What would you recommend NOW for it?

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

But it's only massively visable on Zandvoort for me ! There are those moving shadows that run along side (or just in front) on all tracks but that mesh is just totally obvious .

Nitrometh likes this.
  3. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yes. Let's hope they can fix it in the (near) future.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  4. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

so, finally picked up the Endurance pack. few things.

#52 BMW M8 & #51 Corvette both have #50 on their liveries.

why are the mirrors not pointing in a useful direction. the driver sits in the same place for everybody so the mirror could start in a reasonable place, after all this isn't a free mod. I know people like their mirrors etc adjusted differently, but surely the rear view camera's should at least be pointing rearwards and not down at the track.

the cars in the pack are generally good quality, but now the driver body and hands/gloves and crappy old corvette safety car are seriously dating this game, I hope they are in line for an update at some point.

Peter Kroll likes this.
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I agree about the mirrors , there are even oficial cars (albeit free) that mirrors cant even be adjusted !! One of the new old formula cars , March or Brabham from memory !

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

yeah... I adjusted the mirror on the oreca and looks like it messed up the mirrors on other cars now... worst thing is that it seems the game is not saving mirror position as it is crashing on exit... had 1 hour to practice and lost more than half looking how to adjust the damn mirrors.
    I partially enjoy the stuff S397 is doing but things like this should not happen. Keep saying "waiting for manufacturers approval" and releasing content this way... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Peter Kroll likes this.
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Dont we as drivers who use cockplt all sit in approximately the same position ?
    Mirrors , this should be one thing that should "just work" !
    Just ask Jensen :p

8. stonec

stonec Registered

Isn't the problem that if you adjust the cockpit position from the default (0,0), then that will also impact the mirror angle? If the cockpit position is at (0,0), I assume mirrors should be usable out of box on every car.

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

But I have a clean player file and the mirrors are off on some cars and some cant be adjusted . How can I fix that ?

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The seat position and the mirror are fixed points that can be adjusted. (I know that sounds incorrect,) The seat point of view and the mirror angle to that point IS FIXED until YOU CHANGE SOMETHING. So if I have my seat all the way back, my eyes have a flatter angle to view the mirror than if my seat is close. When you move the seat you lose the focus on the mirror. forward, back, up, down. Any seat movement requires the mirrors to be re-angled for proper viewing. Now you are saying: "why is this? Shouldn't all cars have the same angles?" Well, no. Some folks have large large screens pushed very close. Others have smallish screens set at the back of the desk. Others use Custom seats. So we are not viewing the world from the same angles. We are not all using 3 screens nor VR. Every angle requires adjusting other angles.
    Unfortunately, rF2 does not keep the car seat and mirror setttings for individual cars. So mess with one, and you cause havoc with previous cars you have driven. Consider it a part of the pre-drive check list. I have been using Roccat's Power Grid app to create buttons on my phone. Almost all the buttons are assigned to seat movement or mirror movement. I can't easily use a smooth imitation button while driving, but I can use these buttons for items that are most often adjusted while stationary.

11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Ok but why do mirrors all line up in R3E , AC and pC2 for me going from pancake to VR for all cars even with seat and FOV changes ?

Steve Olden likes this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

because rf2, obviously uses a different method. I never said it was better, but it is different. If nothing else, I would like to see mirror/seat changes assigned and saved for each car. That at least, would alleviate having to constantly change everything.

RaceNut and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I thought this was already possible, have to change something in the player.json file if I remember correctly. Where's @ADSTA I think has a post somewhere about how to do it??

ADSTA likes this.
  14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Which cars ?

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I cant remember but one excampeis one of the new "free" Formula cars mirrors cant be adjusted and are angled well off . March or Brabham .

16. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Code:
        "Moving Rearview":0,
        "Moving Rearview#":"Whether mirrors respond to head movement in cockpit (0=none, 1=position-only, 2=FOV-only, 3=both) - add 4 if you want to IGNORE head-tracking movement",
    With 0 they stay in the default position no matters if you move the seat or change the fov, you can then finetune with the mirrors adjustments, that solves everything.

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

thanks... this has always been 0 and now I see it was changed to 3 for whatever reason. I swear I feel like my game is being edited lately, weird stuff going on....

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Brabham mirrors is working, but March mirrors don`t .

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  19. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Yes, link in my sig or in rF2 Steam guides.
    Not at home and can't remember exact json line.

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thank You .
    This is just the one example I remember . There are more .
    Why dont the March mirrors work ?