Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I tried reducing steering Ratio and I can confirm it helps to recuce wear, on the other side it slows you down also
    Why? I do not Need full tire angle in both cases, I roll through a Corner with same tire angle.
    All Right you could say full range makes your driving more agressive, faster aprupt directional changes. But lets look at some numbers:
    The Radical has 22° max Wheel rot and a Wheel base of ~2710mm, this is a min turning Diameter of 14.5m. Sensitivity (Control angle per Wheel angle 580°/22°) is 25.6
    The McLaren has 21° max Wheel rot and a Wheel base of slightly less, only 2670mm, yields at Diameter of 14.9m, very similar. Sensitivity is 26.4, not much different

So if it is the harsh driving due to high steering sensitivity, why is my driving in the McLaren not affected the very same way?
    Btw the wheelstand of the radical is very same than for the other gt3, there is no reason that it is much more nervous.

Just to add the Corvette: 12° @ 2713mm, Turn diam 26m (huhh), sensitivity 34,2.

But the Corvette tells us what turn Diameter is needed to race, 26m min turning is enough. So you never exploit the radical range anyway. The Wheel bases are so similiar, the true tire angles are more or less the same if you turn with the car… why the big differences?

Now I made a turn test in Monza with the Radical and McLaren. From the wall on the S/F straight turning left and Looking where you get out on the other side. The concret width is ~19m there. Both cars should turn on the concret. btw. The Corvette crahed into the other wall side, ok 26m turn Diameter..
    As you can see the McLaren has a significantly higher turning circle, more likely 21-22m, so the Setup data is wrong or wrong applied.
    The radical turns approx how expected with ~15m, still some margin to the end of the concrete line

Last test was to reduce the steering Ratio of the McLaren into the direction of the Corvette. It became nearly undrivable for me, no grip, lot of understeer, slow, very different driving

Attached Files:

Atsuki likes this.
  2. bwana

bwana Registered

Does seem like something is not right .

3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I wonder how much the sensitivity of each persons individual wheel equipment has an effect. Some use 100% some use 50% and anything in-between. Linearity is not the same for all equipment that is why there is often the need to adjust equipment to achieve better results such as tyre wear.

bwana likes this.
  4. Neptune Zone

Neptune Zone Registered

Hello, I have a question regarding the GT3 Pack AI.

Is it just me, or has the AI for Bentley and Mercedes become slower since the last update? They just can't keep up with the others, with Bentley being the slowest one.

I thought it was because of me setting the AI Limiter at 15%, but I just finished a 20 lap race with 0% AI Limiter and their performance remains the same. Is there anything I can do to make them a bit more competitive with the others?

5. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I ran now some more tests and I can say there is a direct relationship between steering senstivity, wear rate and laptime.
    The Corvette is a killer because it has stock a very fine performance, and very very low steering sensitivity - that means low wear. You can increase sensitivity by redcuing controller setting to 270° and boost the performance by a second with only minor increase in wear - unbeatable performance if you ask me.
    The Radical is a POS because the base performance is low together with much higher stock steering sensitivity, meaning much higher wear. so it looses twice. If you increase sensitivity even more ( I ran 360° in controller) you get closer to the CV stock performance, but you don´t reach it, and you burn the tires like it happened to me so no chance in a long stint. The BoP is a failure imo.

6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

For me it doesn't matter what the steering ratio of the vehicle is. I steer as far as necessary as quickly as possible without overtaxing the tyres. Whether the steering wheel is now at 45 or 65 degrees does not change the tyre wear during my ride. I think this is simply a question of whether one can adjust to it or not but not a fundamental mistake.

7. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Theoretically, if you adapt the speed how you move your Wheel to different sensitivity Settings (counter it), you should get same results, I agree. However this is physically not allways 100% possible.
    btw I dont think it´s a Question of overtaxing, but Speed of load change

8. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Which 'sensitivity settings' are we talking about here?
    Personally, I agree with Andregee, if you keep your steering-input the same with different steering ratio settings, it will effect tire wear (because you turn the in-game wheels more or less, depending on which way you adjusted the steering ratio).
    If you change the steering ratio, you should adapt to that (by turning your wheel less or more) to have the in-game wheels turn the same and have the same tire wear.
    Just to make sure, are you using a steering wheel or some sort of gamepad/controller?
    And do you have 'steering wheel range' set to 'vehicle set' of do you use the override in the control-settings?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  9. bwana

bwana Registered

Not sure if this is directed to me ,if it is l run vehicle set 99% of the time but my testing was done at a circuit with many slow tight turns , probably not what a GT3 car would normally run but it was the circuit for round one of our series . In this situation adjusting in game ratio certainly helped on front tyre wear ..

10. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

And it didn´t slowed you down?
    For long turns it should not matter that much. Quick 90° bends show most difference imo.

11. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Are you talking steering ratio or wheel rotation, I am a little confused.
    Steering ratio does indeed affect handling and one can reduce/induce oversteer/understeer by adjusting it though it's not something I ever bother with.
    As for steering rotation, for me very low numbers work the best, using 220 degrees for the Merc and now the BMW M8.
    I don't think one need to look further that what it is that makes them feel comfortable although some would never shy away from the "realistic" setting.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  12. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I think you have to take both into account, after all it seems to matter how fast you throw the car into a corner. Even the size of your physical steering wheel matters in this case. A big wheel with lot of friction (static or by ffb settings) won´t allow you to turn around as fast as a small one with good drive. However, by reducing the controller settings, wheel rotation, you can compensate for it.
    If you say low numbers work best you confirm what I say, it increases sensitivity ( what can be described as simulated car wheel angle per steering rot angle, so lowering steering rot angle increases sensitivity). On the other hand you may notice higher wear, together with obviously lower lap times (if you say works best)

13. bwana

bwana Registered

May have slowed me down , but avoiding a pit stop mid race was the aim of setting my car for tire life .

14. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Are the mirrors in the McLaren 650s are working as intended? I'm driving in VR and the mirrors aren't really useful. It feels like both mirrors are massively zoomed in and pointing only to the side. And i can't get a better view, even if i try to adjust the mirrors.

It looks like i only see this small angle in the mirrors:
    [​IMG]

It's almost impossible to get a good overview.
    Is there a parameter/setting i missed to adjust the mirrors, that they become more useful?

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

All you have to do is, driving faster so that you have only to look into the front.:D

By the way, i can see the whole part between pit wall and garage. Is it not enough or not possible for you?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  16. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Strange. It doesn't look like that on my end.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  17. Ernie

Ernie Registered

After trying a few key combinations i finally got the mirrors adjusted. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now i hope that rF2 will get some dynamic rear mirrors in VR someday, like in iRacing, LFS and Assetto Corsa (with Real mirror mod).

18. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Bentley Continental GT3
    v2.39
    - Updated to new materials
    - Updated liveries
    - Added template fully set up for the new material editor
    - Added extra parts templates (WCEXTRA07, windows)

Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R
    v2.37
    - Updated liveries
    - Added extra parts templates (bbumper)

Mercedes AMG GT3
    v2.37
    - Updated liveries
    - Added extra parts templates (WINDSHIELDOUT, WINDSHIELDIN)

Radical RXC Turbo GT3
    v2.37
    - Updated liveries
    - Added extra parts template (sunstrip)

McLaren 650S GT3
    v2.29
    - Updated liveries

Travis, EsxPaul, JimmyT and 19 others like this.
  19. LokiD

LokiD Registered

wow cheers cant wait to see these new shaders in play!

Love to see a before and after shot of these cars.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  20. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thank you S397. Can't wait to get home and paint some of my GT3 cars using new materials.
    I hope this can be made available to modders soon so we can add materials to ALL our favourite cars. :)