Latest Roadmap Update - July 2018

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 26, 2018.

1. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Yes, today indeed. Reiza made an incredible job on rF1 graphical engine

This perception could be personal, i know ppl who should agree with me, considering the terms i had explained. But, just to give an example, i can use anti-aliasing all maxed out on AMS, with supersampling, on rF2, i have to use level 2. It's a huge difference on aliasing.

When you have a GTX1080TI is easy, no doubt in this situation that rF2 is better. But it's definitely not the case for most of the ppl here.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Louis likes this.
  2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Is there a list somewhere that lets us know which vehicles will have the new tire model? I'm curious as to whether some of the older S397 and maybe ISI cars will be revisited and get them. eg: USF2000 would benefit from the more realistic tire feel.:cool:

Thanks in advance.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  3. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

i wouldn't get a 7700k, considering intel finally upped their core count when they moved to the 8700k. in rfactor that may not matter but with a lot of new titles in other genres the difference is more so.with the core count higher. however, even consider looking at the ryzen 2000 series which are only really 5% slower in single thread performance then the 8700k and offer better threading of production applications. but if you are keen to go intel wait as @Adrianstealth said as new stuff is due shortly.

future proofing gets throwing around alot with cpu and upgrade path but if you look at it, 8700k is the next step in the cpu architechure cycle compare it to the first sandy bridge 2500k that lasted years.

Alex72 likes this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

For the price I paid for my 7700k (already had z170 mobo) I'm more than happy but if I was getting a new platform I would definitely be looking at newer CPU's with no bias to brand .
    As it sits now the 7700k still hangs with the newer chips really well for gaming though .

John and Alex72 like this.
  5. stonec

stonec Registered

rF1-based games had pretty poor in-game AA with jagged white lines etc., so you had to force AA from GPU panel to get decent visuals. Since DX11 update the in-game AA in rF2 actually does work well, even on a low level. I find no need to use more than level 2, 3 would be ideal, and 4 and 5 are almost same as 3 to my eyes. Btw, Reiza is very likely moving to rF2 engine with their next title.

Louis and Emery like this.
  6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Intell 10nm has been pushed back for release until October 2019 by the earliest and the 14nm is states as 2019

There have been leaked reports that state 9th gen 14nm chips will reach us by quarter 3-4 2018,but as these are unconfirmed,I take them with a pinch of salt.

The above link is confirmed so that’s what I’m going off

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Alex72 and Adrianstealth like this.
  7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

My fingers are crossed that something comes out that gives another power step up

What ever it’s NM

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

It sure wont hurt getting more power but brute forcing frames is only part of the problem , games need more optimisation on the CPU side and well if nVidia ever decide to stop milking Pascal then all our GPU related bottlenecks may be a thing of the past for 4k and VR .

Adrianstealth and Alex72 like this.
  9. madquad

madquad Registered

The current CPUs work more or less at 30% of their capacity in games, they are not used in full.
    There is also a programming theme.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  10. Carlos Sancho

Carlos Sancho Registered

Any updated info about Reiza bundle release date? :rolleyes:

Hoshi and Louis like this.
  11. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Any plans to include raytracing? :p
    Just kidding. Hope to hear more of the new upcoming pack. I'm excited.

12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Regarding ray tracing,I hope they don’t plan to do this,people moan enough about the price of content,just imagine the crying because to be able to use ray tracing they would then have to spend a £500+ on a gpu lol

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

14. Filip

Filip Registered

Some people with weaker GPUs wouldn't notice any difference in fps ;)

15. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

This raytracing technology seems like the old physX and hairworks, only few games will support this thing.

Otherwise It is useless

16. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

It's more like compare a 1927 Ford T to a 1980 Fiat Panda.

17. Stratocook

Stratocook Registered

Hello everyone ... someone to give me a hand ... I have the gt3 pack and not the endurance pack ... I read in this roadmap that the gt3 cars will bring position lights colored green for the GT3 class ... but none of my cars have them ... any idea why it will be?

18. Magus

Magus Registered

1. Open Steam & click the envelope icon next to your user name in top right of the steam application.
    2. Choose 2nd option down, items in Inventory.
    3. Click the rFactor 2 tab
    4. Individually go to each car in the GT3 pack & un-subscribe, then re-subscribe.
    5. Also check you are on the latest version of the software (Build 1110) by going to Rf2 launcher - Config (cog) tab, and the build is listed on teh bottom left.

Hope that helps!

Stratocook likes this.
  19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

select the GT3 car you like...example McLaren GT3 and then select TUNING ....which is below the car neas the BACK button at the screen you are already
    then you enter at the garage that has 2 options at your Right
    the 1st option has a menu of 2 options one of them says Endurance .....
    select it and also select the button that confirms the selection and make it default
    i mean it applies you new selection
    dont forget it or else not gonna change from the classic GT3

Emery likes this.
  20. Stratocook

Stratocook Registered

Thanks friend ... that was the problem the game was updated but not the pack ...

Magus likes this.