Released Zandvoort 2017 is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's V0.2!!!

2. Depco

Depco Registered

As I recall zenport was the first track Studio 397 released. I suspect it was more of a way for the new team members to get to know the tools used to build tracks in the simulation. Once released they generally kind of ignored it for a while. Although they do keep saying that there is somebody working on it in their spare time.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yes but its been V0.2 for over a year ! With quite a bit of other content released , why release new content when previous releases are not complete ? Its like struggling to juggle 3 balls but keep adding more in , eventually you will end up dropping everything !

Steve Olden likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@2ndLastJedi I'm just saying, it has issues other tracks don't, because it's V0.2. If it were V0.98 or something you'd expect only small issues.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Okay but why after a year is it still only V0.2 ?

6. bwana

bwana Registered

I keep reading about Zandvort issues , what are they as l havnt picked up on any ??

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

You cant see any mesh tracking 20 odd meters infront of the car ?

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Not trying to be offensive now, but your posts sound like constant nagging by an impatient little child while it has been communicated quite well from my perspective how Zandvoort is progressing in the last few roadmaps. It should be pretty clear by now that the track isn't created by the S397 track team but by Richard Hessels with the support of S397, so they have to rely on his time schedule as Richard is working on several other projects aswell. And while you are wondering why it is taking so long then please take the time to think about the price of each track.

Will Mazeo likes this.
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I'm not trying to sound offensive , but you sound like a passive aggressive suck hole .
    I may not have followed the development as much as you and like most who are total fanboy's wont have known a track released by S397 wasn't actually a S397 release ! I sure didnt know and as such i asked the question here !

Please post my "constant nagging"and i will apologize ! I wasn't intending to nag , but was just asking questions as i felt i needed to ask if i was to be able to find the answers !

It's not my fault that simple questions get viewed by passive aggressive fanboys as nagging !

Price is irrelevant in the eyes of prospective customers when progress of development is viewed as stagnant ! If something is free it should get no love and only tracks i pay $13 for should get love ?

It's all the one game and as such should get treated with the same care !

Louis likes this.
  10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Thatswhy I wrote: I am not trying to be offensive, so I am sorry if that got lost in translation. Your last comment actually shows that I wasn't wrong about what I wrote though and it allways amazes me how easily people pull the fanboy argument when all I was doing was offering you simple facts stated by the devs in the roadmaps - a source that is open for everyone to read. It isn't up to you if the price is important or not and the different pricing of the content actually shows this. Very high quality content created in a pretty short time has it's price or do you think that the inhouse track artists are working for free? So payed lisenced content has indeed a different priority than free lisenced content produced by a 3rd party, even if people mostly forget that in their dream bubble.

If you are writing "It's 0.2 for over a year!" and keep asking the same question again it reads like nagging, take it or leave it and the only thing missing is capslock and 111!!!. I just tried to give you an advice and an answer to your question btw, so if that is fanboyism you have a wierd way of putting people into categories. I am just a fanboy of simracing though :D

stonec likes this.
  11. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Take it easy guys, if you start calling each other names we will be forced to give you some time to think... @hitm4k3r is right, this track is being made by Richard Hessels and was already started when ISI was still in charge. Back then it was to become a "3PA" track for those of you who still remember that. When we took over we decided we really wanted to try and get an official license for it, and that meant we had to release the track for the license to be valid. We released an early version because we wanted to use it at the Jumbo Racing Days last year (and we thought it was good enough to have some fun on already). Richard has been working hard in the last couple of months to really upgrade this track. It will have the latest layout (one turn was completely redone since 0.20 and the rest of the new asphalt was put in place), as well as full rain effects, night lighting and all the different layouts that exist for this track. The "mesh" that was mentioned here is gone too. I think you will all find it 1.00 quality when we release it, which will be soon.

And just to explain why you were seeing that "mesh". That is an inaccuracy that you will typically see objects that both cast a shadow and receive it. The dunes around the track are examples of such and at a distance the accuracy of the shadow maps causes a bit of a shadow mesh to appear. The solution is to separate the shadow caster object from the shadow receiver (and use a slight offset between the two) and the problem is solved.

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks for explaining , I'm glad there will be an update soonish , tis all I was wanting to know ;)

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I'm at the track almost every week; if pictures or something like that are needed, just let me know.

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

is it me or this track is the most technical track ever ?
    every corner must be applied a super precise new driving technique
    bah

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Ive been driving it for years , its brilliant and the rF2 version should be even better soon ;)

16. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Zandvoort from assetto corsa is very different
    RF2 is much better version

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  17. Alcolo

Alcolo Registered

yes but it has not the Sebring quality at all, it's the typical quality i don't like with rF2, low res textures.
    i hope they can add very high res texture like for Sebring.

18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

its 0.34 version so in the future might be better

19. Alcolo

Alcolo Registered

yes but we clearly see what a paid track and a free track is, the quality will never be the same

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

No ! I thought it would be better than this ! I was getting excited to dl it .