[REL] GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 2.31

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

No idea at all, sorry.
    I could try to reproduce it, but in the case, I need many more info and test must be performed:
    - only on S397 track
    - setting the game with trace=5 is a must, so you can attach the trace file
    - list the game setting + session setting (like sun or rain, etc...)
    - offline + online and in which session (or always)...
    - options in use for the car (tuning)

Also because 2017 and 2018 classes are identical with the exception of some physics value for tire and the addition (if in use) of the DRS led panel + a different rear wing and 4K res for skins (only graphical changes)...
    maybe could be related to a PC memory issue (clients as well as server)

2. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

I'm trying to test it yet.
    Some info:
    - Sunny weather
    -Only online. (Offline can't solve it to exit another car.)
    -only in a race session

3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thanks for answering.
    You should try it with some other track, S397 track, like Silverstone, in race session... Another thing to look at is the number of online users and if it happens always to same users... Also server performances and ram should be an issue of it happens only with the 2018 class that has all items at hi res.
    If possible please run rFactor2 adding trace command.
    Last: dsl performances of client and users could affect!

4. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Hey, just one question... the car body rain system is working for you? for me it's not working on the body, just on the glass and visor. I think the shader of the body have to be updated to work properly...

Btw, somebody have a trackpack for the actual season of GP3 or a collection with the tracks on steam workshop?
    Thanks all and really nice work in this amazing mod!

5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

1. Barcelona- Race Rfactor
    2. Paul Ricard- Workshop
    3. Red Bull Ring- Senormen
    4. Silverstone- S397
    5. Hungaroring- Race Rfactor
    6. Spa- Thousands of versions out there.
    7. Monza- Workshop
    8. Sochi- Senormen
    9. Abu Dhabi- Few versions around.

6. Leonardo Nogueira

wow!
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooow!
    thanks!

I was using a trackpack from F1RFT2013 that I found somewhere (good trackpack)... but I want tacks so good as Monza (McNolo - Workshop) or Bahrein (McNolo too) and another! Thanks for the suggestions!!!!!

7. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Spa - AC_Spa, laser scanned version of Assetto Corsa, converted to rF2, the best one.

8. ceecee

ceecee Registered

9. Leonardo Nogueira

Getting Hungaroring now! Thanks!!!!

10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Just started to use this mod in Ernest,it’s being used in a league I compete in and I have a few questions.

With the default setup,at Monza,even with the front chambers at -4,the outer and middle get completely melted when in a turn,same for the rear’s.

Also is it normal for the front wing to have a bigger impact of drag than the rear

11. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

With Tyre wear and heating. This takes a while to learn to drive these cars without overloading the front tyres. Try getting the car to rotate in the corner itself instead of using excessive steering angle in corners. To get this happening add rake and also use a higher rear roll bar. That will make huge difference from my extensive testing.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  12. patchedupdemon

It happens to both front and rear’s,even when I nail the corner

Motec is showing a 100+ degree difference between inner and outer tyre segments with max negative camber, it’s like the inner is lifting off the ground.

One thing I did notice, every corner I take,the inside ride heights shoot up drastically, and the inside tyres nearly lift off the ground, to stop this I’ve setup an asymmetrical,but it looks very odd when just going straight,and compromises too much on the opposite turns.

I have a few setups that I’ve made,and have used springs and packers to adjust the rake of the car at speed

At speed motec shows an 8mm negative rake,but as soon as I enter the corner that goes out the window,and to me damper or spring settings do not restrict the ride heights on any corner of the car when I’m cornering,it’s like the weight shift is just too much

Thanks for the reply,I’m still a noob to all this motec stuff so I may be interpreting it wrong

Just to note,I run 51/49 brake balance

13. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Surely you are reading tyre surface temperatures which are always high If your getting 100+ difference. I'll do some laps tomorrow morning at monza (night time now) and I'll test if I get the chance and I'll let you know.

14. patchedupdemon

Just another question,take it easy on me as I’m new to adjusting packers.
    If this isn’t the place to discuss this the I will gladly remove the post.

Basically I thought packers where a hard stop,not allowing the ride height to drop below what ever you set them too.

I found that running 10mm packers front and rear had the ride height going into the negative,is this accurate because when I was on iracing.the ride height would not go below what you set the packers,this is ride heights at speed on a flat straight away

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

isnt packers for stop spring traveling ?

16. patchedupdemon

Everything ive Read said to use packers and spring rates to stop the car bottoming out, my heads exploding as I can’t seem to fathom any type of correlation between say adjusting the Packer by 5mm and seeing that in the motec ride heights,it changes it by random amounts

17. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Packers just make you hit the bump stops earlier. really you should be running only a small amount if any. as you are limiting the range the car can move. depending how stiff your bump stops are can causes violent suspension. i believe f1 teams used these more to limit plank wear. but they are still used with only small amount. they are usually one of that last things to fine tune with dampers i believe. i tend not to play with them from default stock as Ive never seen much benefit if using them more so then default.

Basically the principle behind it is technically it should allow you to run the car lower to the ground because when you are at high speed and you come towards some bumps or dips in road and where downforce pushes the car further down at high speed, specifically at tracks like spa is a good example. it limit the range of the suspension just enough so the blank doesn't drag at high speeds. in corner though if you start hitting them it becomes a negative so you will increase ride height and decrease packers to get the right balance.

18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

yep fine tuning with dampers and of course stops the spring traveling so the the car doesnt hit the ground

19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i think iracing has spring offset or something ?

20. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Ive only had time to do a 2 , 5lap tests as i have work. Basically from my observation and from my memory of testing these cars aswell. the heating of the tyres you see in RF2 is surface temp, that's why you see such wild numbers. when you are turning into a track with the majority of corners right hand (monza, you are loading the left tyres. The temperatures you see in motec you will notice that the camber set on your front right are as expected, inner is warmer then outer. but when you load your left tyre into corners that load will shift outwards to the outer tyre, this is the point, to scrub across the surface of the tyre trying to keep more contact of rubber on the road but that heat is always shifting out to the area of most load. you will notice the inner tyre temp eventually goes back to being level or hotter on the longer straights aswell.

To me the above is expected behavior. With these GP3 tyres, as Marco(@Slow Motion ) has said before from the feedback he has received from drivers/engineers, they are sensitive to heat and abuse. GP3 drivers don't use excessive turn angles. and you will notice the more excessive turning and sliding front or rear, you will heat the tyres and once these tyres are hot its a compounding affect they will heat even more unless you let them cool down. I successfully did 5 laps without any major wear or heat on soft's at monza. 1-2% this is after not driving these cars for sometime now. take the motec with a grain of salt with temps imo, look at AVG temps perhaps more importanly, and when looking at the HUD avoid letting them change colour to orange/yellow etc.

Considering monza is a low downforce track, the tyres and suspension need to work harder, so whether you need to run more downforce,tune your suspension to get more mechanical grip to find a compromise with getting the car to not overload the tyres as much. even run a harder compound.

I can recommend downloading a skid pan test track to see how the tyres load with suspension changes. from stock setup go around the pan and watch how hot the outer tyre gets and compare the 'G' loading after some amount of laps when grip drops. Now try change some setups and you will see by tuning the mechanical side that the temps begin to fall and you will also turn the car differently and you wont be turning as much.

EDIT: i believe motec you can add the channel for tyre Carcass temp, that my give you a better average of what the tyre is doing.