SimRacing & eSport

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by philmcqueen, Aug 13, 2018.

1. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

Hello to all. I have a "newby" question. The new "wawe" since few months, that we all can see on the web is that many leagues and teams are adding "esport" on their championship .
    So here comes my question. What will be the real SIM RACING ESPORT competition .Is there somewhere, something official today? Or every game platorms, leagues, will be abble to offer their own esport "challenge" or championship?

2. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Probably every game Will offer their own esport competition.

IRacing already have their own World Championships.

Seems that rF2 will go this way too. The McLaren world fastest gamer was a little bit of what we can expect.

3. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

@ebeninca , thank you for the reply. Ok so now there is nothing officialy "regonise" as the OFFICIAL e simracing championship organisation .

4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

As you said it's just a trend, during a site re-build in my league we added the word "esport" where we can, it's just a matter of "optimization" following the trends. Nobody use the words "self portrait" anymore, but "selfie", simracing is growing and evolving a lot.
    "eSport" is not a trademark but is a category, is up to the devs to develop the official esport platform.

philmcqueen and ebeninca like this.
  5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

You're talking about a FIA of E-sports? It's a more complex thing in my opinion.

The first problem is, which sim will be the official one? This sim have all motorsport categories?

I think that each sim have their own world of e-sports makes more sense in the current context. Like we have on other genres, like CS:GO and League of Legends.

Another thing we could see is real life categories making partnership with Sims to make online versions of their championships.

philmcqueen likes this.