Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. 006

006 Registered

So it appears the custom AI car/track parameters for this are now broken as well as the GTEs. Is this feature being scrapped?

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Yes, it's in the tracks gdb file.
    It's the line
    HeadlightsRequired = true // (true or false) whether headlights are required at night

ceecee likes this.
  3. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

would also be nice if headlights came on automatically if you start a race and they are required. The grid is usually quite well lit, so you don't instantly think about putting your headlights on. Green light, boom instant DQ for no headlights.

why would you even have an option to not have headlights on at night?

4. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Because... it tries to be a simulator?

bwana likes this.
  5. Emery

Emery Registered

Ever watched a NASCAR or dirt track night race? Hint: the cars don't have headlights (except for NASCAR decals, LOL).

Nitrometh likes this.
  6. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

You mean: I will keep posting until I get a ban

7. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

You should ask once or open your thread about it, posting the same question so many times doesn't help and looks childish so don't tell me I am negative, you are the one acting like a 3 years old boy...the simple fact I have to explain that proves I am right...

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

They want comments and feedback they should be prepared to answer a very straight forward question that he has been asking for quite a few months with absolutely zero response from anyone.

Silence like this might mean there is a problem that S397 would rather not be publicly known.

McFlex likes this.
  9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Have you tried asking Chris via pm ??

10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

S397 allways state that they want comments, read comments and take actions to debug problems, provide missing stuff or add wished for content when possible. If a bug is not reproducible (thx MarcG) they get back to you and ask for more info.

In the meantime they focus on working instead of chatting.

...which, I think, is a good way of being efficient as a Dev.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    bwana likes this.
  11. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

yes

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Reproducible :)

Flaux and GrimDad like this.
  13. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I´m sorry to warm up an old chapter, but:
    We had a race in Most (no chicane) and I noticed a very high tire wear in out post-race statistics for the Radical.
    So I just ran Tests with the McLaren Default set and Radical Default set, same road grip, conditions. Wear Rate and fule rate x4. Full fuel on both, tire pressure 140 all, S7 soft.
    After first lap the McLaren still had 98% on the left side, at the Edge of Jumping to 97%. The Default set Forces a lot of understeer so I had to push it hard and got also in slides trying to get it around.
    With the radical I had 96% for some time so it was allready close to 95%.
    After 50% fuel, the McLaren I got 87-88% on the left, with the radical 76% only!
    With Medium, I have only 84% left for the radical, still less than a McLaren with softs

Sry there is something off, also Corvettes have extremly low tire wear now.
    Feel free to check the race report:
    https://downloads.virtualracing.org/rFactor/2018-2/GTM-II/Results/GTM-II_PS_Most_R.html
    Click on R Sector/Laps. Me was #3. Compare to leader in cv on Softs. Or #8 who had to pit after some wild fights and a crash, definitly not helpful for low tire wear.

Pls have a look into
    thx
    Stefan

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Comparing cars with default setup is the worst thing you could do, especially the Radical, that car IMO need a rather different approach to drive, it's not a car for everyone.

bwana likes this.
  15. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I raced it with a very different set, and the result was more or less the same as you can see.
    So go out for a test yourself, it´s easy to do.

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I drove the Radical pretty much exclusively in many championships after release as I like to add some variety to the grid and I kinda enjoyed it at first, never had serious issues with tire wear as long as I kept it under control. But in the end I gave up of that car because it just isn't for me, felt way more stressfull to drive it for a full race compared to the other cars because had to watch the tires way more with it, a proper setup and calm driving helps a lot.
    It should not be in the pack anyway, horrible choice with so many cool GT3 out there.

17. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I did not drive the Radical for some time now, meanwhile there happened some bop adjustments afaik. Maybe something went wrong. Or maybe it is an issue with the suspension on a bumpy road. It feels very nervous on a bumpy road where a Corvette eats bumps like nothing

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yep, the Radical feels like an oversized go kart :D on a bumpy track you need a lot of suspension and ride height adjustment

19. bwana

bwana Registered

I’m testing the pack atm to pick a car for a new season starting soon . I’ve chosen the rad as it’s different and challenging , after long tests lve found tires do wear faster but found a tweak of steering ratio to 22 /570? l think and found a 15% better tire life.. Reducing rear rear downforce also makes a big change to over steer and push causing tire wear on fronts but also brings controlling rear wear into it

ekki likes this.
  20. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

Hello

How can i solve it, the team should be in one pit? I created some driver in userdata/settings folder.