GTE Porsche Skin add-on

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by D.Painter, Aug 5, 2018.

1. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Hi all.
    Having trouble with the S397 GTE Porsche. Add-on skins. I've created the needed folder and ini.
    Painted the car and all is working as a W.I.P file set.
    Once the livery is finished I usually set the textures into a Mas. and rename the folder and ini for upload/download.
    Here's the issue. The game refuses to allow some names. I have found a few times the name Patrick whether first or last name the game want recognize.There are others but this is a example. This is for all cars. Not specific to the Porsche.

Porsche issue; Once the livery is done I test as a new folder and ini. Choose car and test to working. Fine.
    Set the textures into a Mas. Now it get's funny. Select the car in turning, Showroom, it shows. Load the car on track "as your ride" works. But as a AI car it defaults. Because it's a stand alone add-on it defaults to the base Mas files. White car.
    Why is it not retaining the livery as a AI?
    I need to test with open files but neither Steam nor rF2 want to run ATM.

[Edit] Got rF2 and Steam working. Just a PC restart. Allows Steam update to install.
    Anyway; Porsche with open files (Not in Mas.) still defaults. Want load livery or custom window textures.

For DEV! This car is referenced to GT3. It's a GTE.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

44 views and no one knows what's going on? Odd! So all those who paint liveries have had this happen?

What about Dev's? No idea? Please...

3. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I don't know if this will be of help. It could be a naming problem with in the mas file, the reason I suggest this is because one of the cars with in Porsche 917 mod reverts to the base white skin. The reason it does this is because there is an extra full stop in one of the file names in the mas file. I tried editing it and resaving but this affects steam from recognizing and it won't load after. Hope this may be of help.

4. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

My Porsche skin works in a mas but I cant create a new usable team.

edit:
    The folder & rdc are there but don't show for me to choose

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  5. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I have fixed this but I neglected this thread in the hope a Dev would chime in and give their account. Not surprising they haven't.

The Porsche; In tuning you can create a alt skin. (Add-on to existing livery)
    However you can't create a new Virtual ride. (New Driver, Team) Yes even now after the update/s.

Though you can manually create the new Driver/Team yourself.

@Highlandwalker You are right to a point. It was a naming issue but not the one you have mentioned.
    I did make note of what I've found when creating new driver/teams in the first post but this is all car mods, not specific to any car. That is the letter P! Funny right? But what I've found when you create a driver folder it uses the drivers name as reference between the rcd file and the folder containing the new livery textures. I have found any driver name that starts with the letter P in either first name or last the car want show in the car select list. Odd! yes. Example; Patrick Long, Patrick Dempsey, Patrick Pilet, None work. All real world driver. However, Long, Dempsey, Work fine. Pilet does not.

@GrimDad
    It is possible this is your issue.
    Or your rcd hasn't got the correct veh name for this mod. Please post it so we can see if you haven't already sorted it.

[A sample rcd.]
    //[[gMa1.002f (c)2016 ]] [[ ]]
    GTE
    {
    Trace (Driver Name) A exact copy to the name of the folder containing texture/s.
    {
    Team = (Race Team)
    Component = Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017
    Skin = alt.dds
    VehFile = 88ELMSalt5eca01be.VEH (veh ini name from a original car.)
    Description = Race Team #00
    Number = 00
    }
    }

6. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Here is my rcd

GTE
    {
    G Dad
    {
    Team = GrimRacing
    Skin = alt_RSR_dad1.mas
    VehFile = 78KCMGALT91AB76C6.VEH
    Description = Porsche 991 RSR GTE
    Number = 04
    }
    }

7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

This is working. Skin = alt.DDS, Works for Mas. No need to edit this. It will stop working. The Mas. in the G Dad folder needs to be alt.Mas No need to change this. It want work if you do.

GTE
    {
    G Dad
    {
    Team = GrimRacing
    Skin = alt.DDS
    VehFile = 88ELMSalt5eca01be.VEH
    Description = Porsche 991 RSR GTE
    Number = 04
    }
    }

No idea why but adding liveries to new virtual rides it's becoming more and more fickle. Pron to failure.

GrimDad likes this.
  8. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I'm not really bothered if the team works or not but the rules regarding adding teams seems different in different mods.
    I have a skin for each of the GT3's but the only team car that worked is the Radical team I added.
    I'm not even going to try with the other endurance cars.

9. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Seams to be a common theme these day with rF2. So many of the older painters are gone and the newer ones have given up.