Daimler Teststrecke {AC convert} V1.0

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Pixel Trax, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Pixel Trax

Pixel Trax Registered

Welcome to Daimler Teststrecke.
    [​IMG]
    This is an interesting track converted from Rainmakers Assetto Corsa version of the track. Many credits to him.
    Also many credits to @SRGP who helped us out with test servers and his amazing community to help testing the track.

As it is our first completed project there might be plenty of bugs to be found. If you find something you may post it here if you like. It only helps us all to make this one a better track. Work on Version 1.1 is starting very soon. Also on other tracks...

New Rain effects (puddles) are included.

We added two other versions to the original track. Both full and GP layouts feature DRS zones. The layouts available are the following:
    - Full Circuit
    - GP Circuit
    - Short Layout

The following trackmap shows the Full Circuit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Download available from the Steam workshop here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1465488188&searchtext=

or the old fashion way as rfcmp here:
    https://mega.nz/#!eSR0FYhT!0I78Poz9SSEGqhwYkT0j7dwWxKXKoM5nPFahO9V8GRg

And in the end we have a short trailer here:

Have a lot fun.
    All the best
    PixelTrax

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

A new rf2's tracks modder group.
    Very good news!

Thanks for your first project

SRGP, pascom and Pixel Trax like this.
  3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Very good news indeed to have a new track modding team.
    Subscribed yesterday and took it for a spin. Very good job for a first release. I also subscribed to your newsletter.
    One small thing i noticed, there's a typo on the credits of the loading screen....It says Rainmaster instead of Rainmaker.
    Cheers

SRGP, Mauro and Pixel Trax like this.
  4. Pixel Trax

Pixel Trax Registered

Yes we noticed that just a little too late. Will be changed with the next update. Thanks for letting us know though.

Corti and fsuarez79 like this.
  5. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Copy-pasta from discord:
    I just drove it in VR instead of screen because I decided that'd help with performance feedback. While it doesn't stutter, I do run into lots of ASW unfortunately and I kinda get motion sick from it. Quality and looks are good, though due to the lack of a realdoad it looks all a bit too sterile for a race or even test track, and I am not sure if a real road would make it look considerably more natural because I kinda failed to make one (stopped due to motion sickness before I got there). The layout is confusing to say the least, and I really don't like the lots of 90° or 45° turns, as well as Turn 1 being like a ninja and you just go off there.

It has some cool features that one would only find on an actual test track, but I am not sure if those would ever have astroturf, especially not this wide. And the typical criticism on rF2 astroturf in general: Too bumpy, too little grip. Not sure if it emitted particles but if it did: yeah that too. Most rF2 astroturfs do that in a strange and unrealistic looking way unfortunately.

The road itself has weird properties on which the cars handle quite unusual, not sure why that's the case. Could be the lack of realroad. Either way cars just spun around no matter what I did. Front was ultra sticky, rear just bounced all over the place. So while the visuals are pretty good, my personal opinion on the physical actual road is that it needs tweaking.

tl;dr I really dislike the layout and would never drive on it but I could see why Daimler would use something similar, and the road surface feels kinda off. Besides that it's really good

Pixel Trax likes this.
  6. Trev Rich

Trev Rich Registered

Awesome feedback. Thank you!!
    We didn't change the amount of polys on the track surface. And probably need to learn more about real road.
    Our first track so we still have much to learn so all the negatives are positives for us as we will learn more

We dislike the original layout so we pit in the GP and the Short layout.

We are already starting on 1.1 where we are going to change quite a lot apart from the layouts.

Glad that we got this far and now fired up to go further with it whilst we work on our first scratch build.

SRGP, MarcG, fsuarez79 and 2 others like this.
  7. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Very good layout, thank you !

8. Trev Rich

Trev Rich Registered

Thank you. However we can't take credit for the main layout. New tracks incoming!

Mauro likes this.
  9. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Great news.
    Is it New track conversion or scratch build?

10. Trev Rich

Trev Rich Registered

Currently working on both. Scratch build will take a while as we are in our infancy.

Mauro likes this.