Devmode problems....

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mauricio_Leiva, Aug 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mauricio_Leiva

Mauricio_Leiva Registered

Hello !

I have a strange problem with the devmod.
    I'm Working with a car.... so, going to the devmode...the car loads...no warnings...no errors...
    But, ingame, the TEMP CAR...
    If i pack the car, and put ingame, the car works perfectly (and, if exists an error, i have error messages)...
    This is a tedious work, by each change, pack the car again and again...

Any idea???:(o_O

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Usually something about folders, MAS files, .gen SearchPaths, etc.

When you package everything together for the single-player side, you're putting all the files into MAS files, then selecting all those MAS files, and the game will find the files wherever they are. In devmode you need to have the paths set up correctly so the files are found. If you still have stuff in MAS files, you need to reference those MAS files.

3. Mauricio_Leiva

Thanks!
    where i could find the error???
    log? trace file?
    i've made some changes, but the same results....

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm honestly not sure which mistake leads to the temp-car-with-no-errors (though I know I've had the same previously), and I don't know what shows up in the trace files (they might be worth checking, but there'll be lots of unrelated messages in there too).

I usually just do a 'manual trace' through the .veh, checking filenames, open up the .gen and make sure there are SearchPath s for the car folder, subfolders, make sure <VEHDIR> is in there just in case, if you're leaving anything in a MAS then put MASFile= in there too. And make sure cmaps.mas is referenced while you're there.

If it's working on the other side there shouldn't be any problems with engine, gear, damage, chassis file references, again as long as they're in the same folder as the HDV. Same with the .tbc and .tgm files.

If your tyre graphics are in a MAS be sure that MAS is referenced, you probably wouldn't pull those out for devmode.

5. Mauricio_Leiva

Problem Solved!
    A bad reference to MAS file.

Thank you!