Logitech G29 Rotation Problem Work Around That Works

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Highlandwalker, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Since you've made a separate thread for this... I know you said not to dismiss it, but this doesn't seem to remedy the actual problem at all. Are you saying the soft-stop defining the rotation is scaled correctly when doing it this way? And why centering spring? Surely that's just a personal preference thing, it can't be related to rotation.

No, I don't have a G29, and if these settings feel sublime then that's great, I'm just questioning whether you're actually addressing the problem discussed.

3. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah I second what Lazza said, in your post it doesn't come clear whether what you did actually solved the rotation issue. And to be clear, the issue people are having has nothing to do with "feel", it's about the fact that the rotation of physical and on-screen wheel doesn't match and has to be adjusted per vehicle basis.

4. Highlandwalker

It doesn't set the soft stop but the rotation of the wheel matches the on screen wheel and is correct for the car. What I thought most people were complaining about was the wheel didn't match the on screen wheel and the car. It's so easy to go past the soft stop any way which makes it's a bit irrelevant any way. If it was a hard stop it would make it more relevant. The centering setting is a personal thing and as I said it's a work around any way. Some of the settings with G29 are a compromise other wise it can rattle so much it can being annoying for the rest of the house hold.
    Thanks for your thoughts on this subject.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The core problem is overall rotation. If the wheel is set to 900° and doesn't change, it's hard to go from the Renault Clio with 940° real wheel rotation to a kart with 187° and have the rotation match up even around the centre.

As I said, your settings may make the wheel feel better, and that's cool, and maybe your settings make the steering more consistent near centre, but as far as the issue goes (which S397 is working to fix) it's not really a work around 'that works' because it doesn't change the core issue. If everyone only wanted an improvement in this area they already wouldn't bother exiting out of the game to change the rotation - the in-game steering sensitivity can already be used to somewhat match the steering around centre for each car.

So I'm not saying your settings aren't a good thing, but you should be careful about labelling them any sort of fix. (you haven't said 'fix' but 'that works' is a little misleading)

6. Highlandwalker

This does rectify the rotation issue people are complaining about, if you have a G29 try it, nothing to loose.
    Thanks for reply.

7. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We've made progress on this, and should have a fix out soon.