Released NOW Available Sebring International Raceway!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Reduce graphic settings for Sebring

2. Depco

Depco Registered

I have not observed any problems in my rift. I always have 45 FPS on every track so having 45 on sebring was not any different.

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

What about coffee then?

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I made this post in another forum that helped a few people get good performance and visuals

"Okay , firstly you need to set the rF2 video set up using the cog gear in the initial launcher before you hit the single helmet .
    Set to you resolution (i use VR @ 1920x1080 , 2xAA , PP on Medium or Low or Off depending on if i use official or mod content) always select your GPU and dont leave it in auto and use or dont use v-sync .

Next you need to fire up rF2 and do this (thanks to @ADSTA from rF2 forum)

1- While in the game, go to the Graphics tab.
    Set Opponent Detail and Player Detail to LOW.
    Exit the game.

2-Open the player.JSON file.
    Scroll down to [ Graphic Options ] and look for these lines.
    These lines should be like this from the changes in-game above.
    "Player Detail":0,
    "Player Detail#":"0=Low 1=Medium 2=High 3=Full",
    "Opponent Detail":0,
    Leave them at that.

Now change these line to this
    "Opponent Texture Override":3,
    "Opponent Texture Override#":"For opponents' vehicle textures: -1=use Opponent Detail, 0-3=override value",
    "Player Texture Override":3,

Normally the override lines are at -1, so they use the Player/Opponent settings from the in-game options
    You can change the number from 1-3
    Low texture= 1
    medium= 2
    High= 3

Basically you get the lower detail model but with higher res skins.

While in the Player JSON do this

Rear view mirror render distance
    search for "Rearview_Back_Clip " the number is the render distance in meters ( 0 is no limit )
    (I have this set to 300mtrs)

Lowering details of cars in garage
    search for "Garage Detail" , set it to 0.01

Reducing number of headlight in effect
    search for " "Max Headlights":256, "
    I have this set to 20 (change 256 to 20) plenty enough and saves fps

Now you're back in game i use
    Circuit detail : High
    Player and opponent will show as : Low because we use that tweak
    Texture detail : Full
    Texture filter : x16
    Special effect : High
    Shadows : High
    Shadow blur : optimal
    Soft particles : Low
    Rain drops : High
    Road reflections : Low
    Enviro reflections : Medium

If i was playing in 4k still i would just max all settings with AA x 4 and Medium PP .

This is a bit of stuffing round but it does help FPS in VR while not reducing visuals by too much ."

I also set SS in Steam down from 200 to 160
    This is for a 1080Ti/7700k system .

ADSTA, C. Banger and AMillward like this.
  5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Might try the low detail model-high quality skins method.

patchedupdemon and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  6. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

Thanks for that. A few things for me to try and improve performance. My last few races have been quite choppy - altho I think it's more to do with the poorly optimised tracks we raced on.

7. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Testet it and i have to say it makes no sense. It makes nearly no difference with car and player details set to low compared to max. Only 3fps difference vom 80 to 77 at the end of the grid of 24ai.

8. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

I think AI uses a lot of resources. I've noticed when I practice against AI - the performance is always worse than the actual online race with 30+ cars.

Emery likes this.
  9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Yeah, online the cars are just moving around with each computer doing the physics of each respective car. The internet is putting them in that position on track.

patchedupdemon and C. Banger like this.
  10. Louis

Louis Registered

But it isnt cpu resources only? Isnt fps related only to gfx?

11. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I didn't think about it, I tested it in GPU limit so it doesn't matter if you have the AI or online opponents in front of you.

Overall, performance remains poor. Yes, CPU usage has improved in the Triple Screen area. But the new content loads the GPU meanwhile so strongly that I have now arrived from the performance with my 1070, where I was before with my old AMD 7970 with the URD EGT Mod. The graphics card is twice as fast and yet the problems are the same. On Sebring with 20 vehicles it is not even enough for 45fps at the start in VR at dusk. Rain would make the whole thing undriveable and I have already reduced details far and even deactivated them. Yes, with an upcoming 2080 a few more details would be possible so that even in the rain with 20 vehicles stable 45fps would be possible. But honestly, that's still disappointing for me.
    Compared to other titles, the performance is simply far from where it should be. I know some people like to blame it on physics. But that's not the reason. If the physics would brake the performance so massively, one would not have 300 fps on the track alone and with a monitor where I only reach 200 with Assetto Corsa for example. This clearly shows that physics is not the reason. The engine simply has massive problems with displaying graphical details so that the GPU is heavily loaded. I really hope that there will be another massive improvement in this direction, but I don't really believe in it, because that might become very difficult to impossible with a core very old engine that was only constantly extended with things for which it was never developed.

F1Aussie likes this.
  12. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

FPS is related to overall system performance CPU + GPU. Depends where your bottleneck is. Stuff like AI, shadows and reflections are CPU intensive.

Louis likes this.
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

What.make no sense ?
    What are you limited to 80 by ?
    In VR every little bit helps ! My system is on the limit with all these options trying to gain even 3 fps .

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I got 77 fps with single screen with max Player and opponent details and 80 with low settings. That means 1,5 fps from 38,5 to 40fps difference in Vr. Its worthless for me .I need much more and I don't see it in the near future.

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Well 40 in VR is unplayable , with the settings I posted i get 90 mostly .

16. stonec

stonec Registered

Then you probably need to play with some other setting than the opponent car details. There are plenty of settings in rF2, some hidden in player file, and it took me years to fully understand them all. With my GTX 1050 Ti I can reach 60 FPS on all tracks with 20 GT3 cars at start (excluding the rain of course). GTX 1070 is more than twice as powerful, so you should be able to reach 120 FPS on 1080p single screen with perfect scaling. That provided that your CPU isn't a bottleneck (no single CPU thread running @ 100%).

17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

95% of the graphics settings have a relatively small effect on performance.

With a small GPU (gtx 780) and PCIe X16 2.0 and a small CPU, I have at least 50 FPS (in minimum FPS) on 99.9% of combos except Sebring which is unplayable (catastrophic optimization).

NVIDIA CONTROL Panel SETTINGS = all at the best quality except AA as standard, max pre-rendered frame = 1 (low lag input).

CONFIG.INI = High PP, AA = max level 5, vsync off.

INGAME Graphics : all at MAX except rain on high and opponent on low.

SETTINGS Miscellaneous: visible opponent = 8, auto FPS On, mirrors on.

RACING Conditions : 12:00 AM, NO RAIN, NO TIME SCALE, 20-30 OPPONENT, multiclass, mostly cloudy without rain.

What must be remembered is that the graphics engine in the conditions explained above is more beautiful and more efficient than Assetto Corsa for example.

By cons, when you cumulate :
    A lot of AI, rain, sunset / sunrise / night etc. = the performances are catastrophic, really. With absolutely everything, really everything, ie having practically PS1 Graphics, on Sebring 12h I have a minimum FPS of 50, not even 60 !

But I just bought a powerful PC, so it's behind me. (i7 4770K, gtx 1080, etc ...).

So do not compromise a lot on the graphics quality, put very favorable race conditions OR play without AI.

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

AA x 5 isnt really necessary x3 looks good heck even x2 look pretty good especially when compared to other Sims at Max AA ;)

mesfigas and Filip like this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@DrivingFast I think you should avoid making generalizations based on your current hardware we know is PCIe limited.

Since we're in the Sebring thread, how does your FPS compare to other content with it? You've called it catastrophic, but you've also said 95% of settings make no difference and you get 50FPS on Sebring 12H even with AI and worst-case time of day. I think?

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Sebring rocks , its the new benchmark for future tracks and I can't wait !