Latest Roadmap Update - July 2018

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 26, 2018.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Sell off some land for fracking..?

JimmyT and Goanna like this.
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I just had a plan from early on in life and always said I wanted to not need to work to survive from 40 so set to make it happen by working hard and purchasing smart .
    Of course i could use more money but if i keep within my means I will be able to get what i want as well as need but just need to be controlled . Like my GPU , I could have just got it day one but I didn't , i put bits away from my budgeted weekly allowance , it took me a month but i now have it and will do the same when i want the next one .
    And no , i dont steal or profit off others who are uninformed , i am Aussie and proud but I'm here because of what my ancestors did , lol , not me ;)

JimmyT, bwana, Louis and 1 other person like this.
  3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Same here , when I started work at 16 the thought of working into old age seemed horrifying
    I worked like mad & started earning about 10 times what my pals were (at my peak) invested it like mad ,
    Out at 33,
    I still tinker so I guess I still work (for myself) part time now but flexible

JimmyT, F1Aussie, Louis and 1 other person like this.
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Old habits I would say,

JimmyT likes this.
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Oi ! The only thing i remember stealing was my Wife's heart and i don't mean literally , lol

JimmyT likes this.
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

So what did you do for a crust?

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Invested his hard earned into an heiress , l like that idea

F1Aussie and ceecee like this.
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Im was/am a mechanic ;)

9. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

I'm exicted if Reiza will update their pack and can bring it on the quality level we are used to by the last S-397 Patches and dlcs.

Although I own Automobilista with all content I have to little time to spend to be honest. So I recently tested some of the future content in AMS we will get for rF2 this month. It's acceptable but can't match the quality of rF2 in terms of ffb, driving dynamics, tyre model...from my point of view.
    Because of that I will wait for the first reviews before I buy it this time.

mesfigas likes this.
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Im scared for my wallet , lol

Rui Santos likes this.
  11. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

rF2 needs to improve performance a lot yet, you get better graphics with less machine on AMS.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  12. Filip

Filip Registered

No.
    RF2 graphics is much better.

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

rF2 is better looking than AMS for sure and in ways is better looking than pC2 and AC . ACC im the other hand is going to be the winner visually .
    As for performance , I'm now able to get rF2 running quite well on my rig in VR :) and it look great !

I have the resolution set to 1080p but I use a 4k screen , hence to windowed view and if i set the resolution higher i get that massive Ui and HUD .

Rui Santos likes this.
  14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I miss windscreen reflexions I know it was integrated at the beginning of Rfactor 2 somewhere around 2012 2013 but actually it seems like looking thought a hole without any glass. That's much better in Ac or Cars 2

Ernie, Nitrometh, Louis and 1 other person like this.
  15. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

With my machine, a i5 4590 + GTX970, i run AMS with 120fps all maxed out + 20 cars on track, but rF2, the graphics must be in medium, whitout PP to keep 120fps.

In this situation AMS looks nicer.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Have you tried it recently? Anyway don't compare AMS technology with rF2, it's like comparing a Fiat Panda with a Ferrari 599...

bwana likes this.
  17. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

And 2 totally different games do exactly the same when you put a slider to max here and there? You see exactly the same scene with same effects, same depth of effects? Or how do you compare???

18. Filip

Filip Registered

He is saying that on his system to keep 120 fps in both sims he can turn up gfx more in AMS and it looks better to him. Fair enough.
    But on my poor system (gtx960m) although I have almost everything set to low except textures which are maxed at 16x and even some stuff turned off (PP, road reflection, soft particles, can't remember what else) rf2 looks prettier to me than AMS. I admit I haven't fiddled as much with AMS settings as I did with rf2

ebeninca and bwana like this.
  19. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I wonder if im gonna go for a i7-7700K with 16GB 3000mhz and a pretty good mobo. Its an upgrade pack for a decent price. They didnt have i7-8800K in upgrade packs yet since they are one of the latest. I think i7-7700K is a decent enough step up from AMD FX8350 though for rF2? :D I still have a GTX980 but with a stronger CPU for now that will prolly be good enough until i can buy a brand new PC a little later.

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Any upgrades try & hold off for just 2 to 3 months

New intel cpu & nvidia should be releasing , buy going into winter Oct time