rF2 will not launch

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Voltaic, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hello

After buying the new Sebring track today and running a few laps, I exited the game. When I try to start it the Launcher app runs but when I launch the game in single player mode it goes through the initial rF2 logo then quits without any error messages.

I have validated the local files through Steam twice to no avail. Any suggestions?

rF2 has been bullet proof till today :(

Update: On the third attempt to verify the files in Steam it re-acquired 13 of them but rF2 would not launch. I then realized I had Action!, video capturing running in the background. When I turned Action! off rF2 launched without issues. This is a new issue since I often run Action! to record sessions. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    rixracer likes this.
  2. rixracer

rixracer Registered

Who makes "Action!"? You made me think that I have nVidia GeForce "In-Game Overlay" running in the background. Maybe it's interfering with my offline launch.
    Like you, I can run online just fine but it crashes when I want to do offline practice or racing, quitting at the end of the track load, just like you described. I'm running VR. I must admit this problem running offline races has happened before Sebring. The other issue is that when it does load, Ai drivers quit halfway through a full race. Do they have a time limit?

3. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I got sidetracked and never got back here, apologies.

Here is what I had to do to resolve the issue:

"To blacklist application follow this steps:
    - open notepad and type application process name (you can check in task manager what is the process name)
    - save the file as an exclude.txt
    - move this file to Action! location (default C:\Program Files (x86)\Mirillis\Action!)
    - restart Action!"

4. Louis

Louis Registered

yes