FFB in GT3 cars has gone ultra light with heavy understeer

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by tlsmikey, Jul 27, 2018.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i suggest soft rear ARB for merc to cure understeer while cornering

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

I just tested Merc in sebring and in Monza
    car drives perfects and ffb is top work
    the car now has amazing feel
    just need to timing the braking a bit
    i tap my foot when need it and lift my foot to stop braking so the car enters the corner
    i find the behavior of car really good
    the ffb is not light
    its perfect
    ppl with problems with ffb try to reset all your options even to uninstall drivers
    i dont trust software when it comes to problems like this
    i confirm that cars has perfect FFB and drives amazing
    just reset the whole thing from steering wheel control panel or maybe helps if delete the controler.json file

kimbo likes this.
  3. Filip

Filip Registered

maybe lowering ffb minimum torque can help with light ffb

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i use a Thrustmaster T150 steering wheel and play Gt3 pack cars with 8% FFB minimum torque
    gain setting from thrustmaster control panel is at 50% and ingame gain is at 0.70

5. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

It's not unheard of to have a corrupted controller profile. I've had it happen several times over the years across various titles and different hardware.

I agree that it's better to start with a fresh profile after deleting (or - at least, saving the old one under a different name) then close the game and restart your PC before making the new profile. It worked for me - every time. In some cases, I created a new player profile - just to eliminate other possible issues.

mesfigas likes this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The AMG ffb has always been this bad, I thought they'd fix it with this update but nothing happened. Sucks because it's a badass car I'd drive more if the FFB made sense like the other 4 cars in the pack.

JimmyT, tpw, fsuarez79 and 1 other person like this.
  7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yep drove the porsche and its sublime the ffb is possibly the best in the business!

JimmyT likes this.
  8. Supa

Supa Registered

Hi Mesfigas

As far as im aware you should never touch FFB multiplier. Leave it at 1.00 and just reduce the power through your wheel software. All you are doing by lowering this from 1.00 is losing FFB signal. Others more qualified can explain in more depth but If you want to test this then go back to DX9 build so that the FFb plugin works and check for clipping!

PS.

There are some 3rd party mods not done by ISI where you may need to reduce the FFB Multiplier it but you will the the FFB plugin to check this!

SUPA

mesfigas likes this.
  9. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

I've reloaded the Merc and also started with a new controller profile. No change.

It is odd to me that some people say it's perfect and others not. Can't quite tell if people just prefer an exaggerated understeer feel or if the car is legitimately broken. Using a DD wheel, i hope it gets updated ASAP. It's unusable at this point.

10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

wow thank you very much sir
    i was thinking to return to 1 these days
    gonna try it asap

11. whitmore

whitmore Registered

For me using an accuforce wheel understeer was dialed to acceptable level with rear camber , diff preload change and sway bar adjustments. Test track montreal gp circuit. On full power out of he first chicane and turn 8 fast right hander was testing points for me. Erebus driving shool instructor has reported that the merc is an understeer prone car in RL. Car in game is great fun for me to drive.
    I adjust ffb multiplier for all cars I drive to match the DD profile used with simcomander4 and my accuforce wheel. There is no problem with using the ffb multiplier to improve the feel of your wheel. When using a G27 some cars needed 2.0 to get a good feel without clipping.

mesfigas likes this.
  12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

You should leave the thrustmaster ffb level at its default,that way it’s at its most linear,then adjust the car specific ffb to not clip.

Different thrustmaster wheels have different default settings like 60,75 etc

Some folks like to crack the tm ffb to 100,I tried it but didn’t like it.

Ozzy likes this.
  13. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I think this is exactly it. The FFB hasn't changed since release and since then some ppl like it and some others don't. Also keep in mind we all have different wheels and different settings so this changes the feeling a bit as well.

Driving it with a less powerful wheel (Logitech G920) felt a little bit better to me as the sudden loss in force while turning felt less abrupt than with my current wheel (TS-PC), but the understeery light wheel effect has always been there. Some people like it, some others don't.

JimmyT likes this.
  14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

after update handling is more solid for me

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i tried a different idea this time and like it
    i reduced the gain from Thrustmaster software panel from 75% (Default) to 45 % and raised the FFB multiplier from 1 to 1.5 at specific car ffb
    and i liked it more

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The caster is not adjustable. How did you play with it. Or do you mean camber?

17. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

If the controller profile was corrupt, would that not effect all the vehicles I drive rather than just ONE?
    I don't think in my case it's FFB as the car in a straight line feels great (S397 Merc GT3). However when I go to turn in at a corner it understeers.
    Having read this, I think maybe my perceived idea of how the car should handle is off the mark and will just put up with it.
    Thanks everyone for your input. Sorry @tlsmikey that you didn't get a definitive answer to your OP. If you do want to re load the GT3 pack you can unsubscribe shut down rf2 and then restart, it should do the trick (you may have to resub to get the dl started, can't remember now as it's been a while since I last did this. I'm sure someone will give you the correct procedure if I'm wrong):D

18. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

Sorry. Camber. Caster isn’t adjustable as noted.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just to restate (and maybe further explain) what @patchedupdemon said, you're much better off choosing a final output power in your wheel/software and adjusting the FFB multiplier to suit what the car does. The FFB clipping (which is definitely a bad thing if it happens a lot) all happens before any forces get sent to your wheel software, so avoiding clipping has to be done in the game. Even stock content can be prone to clipping on default settings, because the people with cheaper wheels and who don't know anything about clipping will be more impressed by stronger overall FFB than weaker (stronger just feels better; if nothing clipped at all, cheap consumer wheels would just feel too weak compared to other games).

People with either better wheels or just more technically minded can tune the FFB a little to avoid clipping (this may need further adjusting with setup changes, especially caster, and fuel load can be a factor as well), while people with very powerful wheels can avoid all this rigmarole by setting their wheel's real torque capability in the game and having all cars automatically output their 'real' forces. (anyone can do this, but again weak wheels will feel terrible with lower-force-producing cars)

You can use telemetry to check for FFB clipping, rather than having to go back to dx9 and use the pedal overlay plugin.

patchedupdemon, mesfigas and marmagas like this.
  20. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Lazza would you expand on using telemetry to check for clipping please

mesfigas and marmagas like this.