[REL] DATSUN BLUEBIRD SSS

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by dazzer, Jul 14, 2018.

1. KittX

KittX Registered

I'm surprised that while it has no rollbar, it doesn't lean at all. Good coilovers :D Although a little body lean would increase the fun IMO.
    And boy, during high-speed turns you really have to concentrate on the inputs. I love it so far.

2. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I am still correcting the problems of physics, I have had enough problems with the flexible chassis
    jajajaja XD

3. KittX

KittX Registered

The real issue for me is at very high-speed corners, like a small change of direction between two straights, the car oversteers almost with no sign in the car behaviour to predict it, exiting the corner. No matter on throttle or off throttle (although this car is prone to lift-off oversteer, which is awesome for twisty tracks), it's just switching instantly to uncontrollable oversteer. Like HistorX 1969 corvettes did. Driver should really concentrate on having little to none input changes at 2/3 of the corner.

4. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

yes I got that in the last quick left suzuka turn, just release the front accelerator and pass with a light gas net, in fact it the limit of the car :)

5. KittX

KittX Registered

From my experience you can keep full throttle but all the steering input shoud be done first 2/3 of the corner, last 1/3 you have to keep as straight as possible.

6. dazzer

dazzer Registered

the problem is that by implementing the flexible chassis from rfactor 2 to the mod, I have had several problems to correct things, including the suspension which is too hard which causes that from time to time the understeer will be oversteer.
    for that same reason I have not been able to update anything yet, since I want to correct the problem well, to avoid launching so many updates.
    It would be great if someone also volunteered go testing the physics, since it would be faster to correct:)

Rony1984, Mauro, Rui Santos and 2 others like this.
  7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Tried this mod yesterday, it'a a blast, the base is excellent! Didn't found anything wrong with the suspension, car leans and i saw in replay my rear wheel on the inside in the air, lol. The only "bug" i found is that the car oversteer too much on corner exit when you need to turn your wheel a bit more. Keep up the good work!

PS - If someone will work on the physics just make sure the car base behaviour is not lost!

8. dazzer

dazzer Registered

hahaha thanks for the support, the idea is not to change the base, just make the behavior is not so unpredictable, that is, when you lose control of the vehicle, this is easier to maneuver

the clearest proof of the maneuverability failures caused by the suspension is speeded up in sebring,
    due to its scanning complexity,
    that's why I'm trying to correct the suspension, assuming we'll see more complex clues like sebring

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Alex72, bravotangosix, KittX and 4 others like this.
  9. Sebastien Sestacq

for this story of high speed stall in fast turns, I don't see it as a bug because it's largely catchable so for me I explain this simply by the fact that we get to the grip limits of the tire, not to forget that the wheels of that time are much smaller and therefore less coefficient of friction.

510!

Alex72, kimbo, Corti and 2 others like this.
  10. KittX

KittX Registered

Just tried your BMW 2002 conversion, man that drives so well! Not saying Bluebird is bad, but I guess that beemer is more my type of car - wobbling on its suspension, leaning, soft gripping and softly losing/regaining the grip through corners.
    Hope you'll have the time and energy to finish this mod.
    Currently the optimization seems quite weak - I can run a field of 25 radicals smooth at around ~90fps; on the contrary 20 bluebirds or beemers give me a bit of stutters.

11. dazzer

dazzer Registered

yes, as for the bmw I have planned to make another mod with the same physics, as soon as the skyline ends

jimagn, Corti, bravotangosix and 3 others like this.
  12. dazzer

dazzer Registered

people, unfortunately I could not update the mod, for problems with workshop, so I had to re-upload the content as a new item, the link to the publication on the first page has been updated, I apologize for the problems

Churrinche, Alex72, Corti and 4 others like this.
  13. KittX

KittX Registered

Reading first sentence, almost got a heartache :D

Churrinche and Alex72 like this.
  14. Corti

Corti Registered

the name of the package is still "Datsun_bluebird_sss_v1.0.rfcmp", although it is larger (almost twice the Mb) and the launcher also shows the new version (v1.1)

many thx mate for your work ;)

Attached Files:

bravotangosix and Mauro like this.
  15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Dat mirror tho in the first vid! :D

dazzer likes this.
  16. KittX

KittX Registered

Just tested the new version, and it's awesome so far!
    My rF2 was crashing on game exit on previous version, after driving the bluebird - now it seems to have solved. Now they drive amazing, I dunno if 510 has different physics, tested only few minutes, but it is so much fun throwing around corners.

Few graphical issues: the mapping on mirrors of both cars needs to be fixed - check your pm shortly.
    the windscreen maybe can make use of effects like in the shelby cobra windshield? I mean, more specular etc. I'm not too well informed about rF2 windshield shaders though.
    and the car body's normal map, the undamaged one, has some pixel artifacts. Maybe increase the resolution, or save in dxt5? (dxt5 has a bit better compression on RGB as well, apart from alpha channel info, AFAIK).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  17. dazzer

dazzer Registered

there are things to keep improving, but with the issue that I have other cars in w.i.p, I find it a bit complicated to work in all hahaha,
    the resolution of the skins is in 4096x4096 in dxt5 with built-in alpha channel, could you give me an image of the pixel problems that you see to review it :)

18. dazzer

dazzer Registered

Soon there will be a new update, if everything goes well it will be within these days. :)
    20180810023954_1.jpg
    20180810023938_1.jpg 20180810024041_1.jpg

Rui Santos, lbird, kimbo and 14 others like this.
  19. Sebastien Sestacq

Hi @dazzer , I think the brakes should be locked faster, now it's almost impossible to brakes lock!
    When do you take it?

20. dazzer

dazzer Registered

if I must fix the brakes, also the weight distribution and other things :)
    this week I hope to upload the update along with the toyota te27 and improvements in physics

lbird, bravotangosix, Mauro and 5 others like this.