Released NOW Available Sebring International Raceway!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Whereby the raw data (laser scan) only is the half of the job. Significant is also how to rebuild it I think.
    Take a look at PC2 and the green hell. SMS had laser scan data as a basis but how looks the track? Pretty bad and the worst among the versions of all sim-racers (also GTS). Surface, curbs, topographie are not really accurate.

There are also differences in the NOS among iRacing, AC, RR. All three are doing a good job, but iRacing is the most impressive and accurate. They engineered the curbs, surface, the terrain, the whole scale simply better.

I really hope we will get more tracks in Sebring quality for rF2. It's such a good feeling to drive and a lot of fun.

mesfigas and GeraArg like this.
  2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ok... after last try with rfactor2 month ago( freezes issues, bad performance) I decided to give it another chance and to support studio397 I purchased GT3, endurance and Sebring DLC and wow... the Bentley and Sebring is the best combo ever..... I didn’t even touch any thing in the car setting, just start the game and did 20 laps and surprisingly without any freezes and very fluid.

3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

indeed Iracing has very good scale

Magus likes this.
  4. Rolacka

Rolacka Registered

Just bought this & it's awesome but I had an issue trying to race the Radical here, original not GT3 , every time I started a race none of the AI made it through the first lap, some crashed & the others decided they would park up too & pulled over off the track,I tried 5 races all with the same result so a little disappointing, hopefully that can be fixed sooner rather than later :)

Update: I have this working now without issue not sure why, I removed the Virtua lm Sebring cleaned cbash & shaders & now it works perfectly well with the Radical.

Update 2: Back to square one as soon as a couple of AI Radicals crash any where in the field the rest either all park up at the side of the road or the odd one pits and never returns to track, only track I have where this is happening :(

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Does Studio397 have any plane to work in driver animation? Specially in VR when you shift with the sequential shifter it ruins the immersion.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

For me in other Sims/Games it makes it worse as the Virtual Hand never moves to change gear when I do and that's the problem - the game cannot predict what you're going to do, even Paddle Shifts look odd when the Virtual Fingers twitch when mine don't.
    The only way IMO to simulate this is to tie in Virtual Hands with Virtual Hand Devices, so then "your hands" are the actual hands in game. Of course that is not going to happen any time soon, but for the future that is how I see better VR Cockpit Interaction with the Sim.

7. oppolo

oppolo Registered

The combination sebring/radical is really great.ty

bwana and M D Gourley like this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have done just one 10 lap race vs the AI with the GT3 pack. At some point all the cars pitted for fuel, but kept running, or at least I thought they did.

I

F1Aussie likes this.
  9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Trust me if this were in the animation it will be always out of sync with your actual hands
    .....this much much worse than bone shift animation , it’s best as it is
    ( already in rf2 no gear animation )

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  10. woochoo

woochoo Registered

i find it interesting in other games when a hand moves towards a shifter before the shift happens, or the paddle fingers slightly move.
    It works like shift warning lights, and in theory should be able to synch with the shift.

It doesn't happen if you want to short shift of course. In that situation they still seem to play the whole animation, but i think they should snap the hand immediately to the shifter, or fingers to press the paddle as the case may be.

By snapping the anim it might be possible to make it LESS immersion breaking / creepy. Though the snapping might need some tuning to be less creepy too, if possible. Less trouble with paddle shifters because the fingers barely need to move, compared to a stick shift.

Louis, Mauro, philman and 1 other person like this.
  11. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

I have been adjusting some settings to see if I could get a happy medium for the FPS and the visual look that I personally like on Sebring Full Course with my old GTX690 / i7 3770K....settings below...and at these settings at Sebring FC at 4:30pm with the GT3 pack / 12 cars, I can get a drivable 20 - 62 FPS depending one where in the track I am as it fluctuates wildly.
    Change the day time to 6:30pm so car headlights are on and the FPS drops to around 15 - 25 FPS.
    Oddly enough having the 'Multiview' checked for my triple screen set up I can get an extra 10 - 20 frames, whereas unchecked I am only getting 9 - 35 FPS with the same graphics settings and GT3 cars on this track.
    Change the car to the USF2000 with same settings etc as above a good 30 -65 FPS can be achieved.
    ...anyway I am happy with the purchase and look forward to more like this as the extra bumps and detail add that extra dimension / realism to the driving experience as it feels amazing on my TS XW Racer...so bumpy and detailed in fact I had to turn down the individual in game Car FFB and add a bit of smoothness in...LOL...fantastic.
    rF2 DISPLAY SETTINGS SEBRING GTX690.jpg rF2 GT3 at SEBRING FULL COURSE copy.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  12. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Really enjoying trying out all the rF2 cars I have installed...this Honda was a handful around Sebring, especially using H-pattern with Clutch...LOL 1 HONDA at SEBRING FS copy.jpg 2 HONDA at SEBRING FS copy.jpg 3 HONDA at SEBRING FS copy.jpg 4 HONDA at SEBRING FS copy.jpg

13. Dirk Smielick

Dirk Smielick Registered

Just watching the Blancpain Spa 24h. Spa-Francorchamps would be nice to see as the next premium track. ;) It's such an iconic track.

14. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Just trying out another entertaining drive on Sebring FS...lol
    1 DISSENTER at SEBRING copy.jpg 2 DISSENTER at SEBRING copy.jpg 4 DISSENTER at SEBRING cockpit copy.jpg 6 DISSENTER at SEBRING donuts 2 copy.jpg
    ...and a few donuts to finish off the race...lol

15. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I have the problem that the track actually only reflects in Rain (it looks like a mirror on the asphalt). I can not see individual puddles and various wet places as you can see in videos. Is there an explanation or a setting that changed this behaviour?

Many Thanks

Adrianstealth likes this.
  16. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

Boy oh boy was I surprised buying the Endurance pack and Sebring together would take over my night and I'm sure many many....um....MANY....more.

I learned some cool things about dampers...Fast rebound to be "minor" about it.

Track quality like this is going to bring this sim back. Back to leagues and life.
    Road texture and details are amazing. Simply the best I've seen in sim racing.

I've always been blunt with the graphic of rFactor but this is fantastic. See, I'm seeing this from an approach similar to SCS simulator like Euro truck.
    I've always been turned away by the performance issues I've had all the way back since beta build 49. Frankly, even with a few major upgrades to the entire system, they still somewhat persist to this day. However, it's better. A lot better for me in triple screen. I really hope to continue to see improvements here :)

But back to the track...and well, the Endu pack to boot.
    With a T500 it's a total workout and extremely exciting! Also, frustrating :D
    Every bit of road was so carefully tailored and fantastically brutal. That's about the best way to describe the whole experience.
    Brutal.

The track cameras seem to be the same, or nearly, as VirtuaLM's version. Almost uncanny. Still, looks good.
    Real road was really interesting how it developed. It wasn't strictly areas of rubber burning but "pockets" of rubber in some areas.
    That's really cool.
    Rain was insanely maddening. At night, 60% chance, from 6:30PM to 9:30 or so PM it kept raining on and off, then catching up to areas of rain, then dry, then rain, then rain because I'm following the clouds, then dry, then dry for a while, then rain, just very random, which was actually pretty cool.

I haven't been on this track before, but I have been to Florida a few times, and just the general atmosphere really hits well. 28-31c with 70% humidity and an odd, but somewhat consistent rain on mildly cloudy days. I set one of the five pictures for rain and the rest to partially/mostly cloudy. And well....it basically just decided to "florida" by itself just about perfectly.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I've been away from this sim for quite a while, down to performance and issues, but this update, and this track especially....just may be the best track in sim racing, and by a nice margin, too!

17. ede78

ede78 Registered

The most beautiful and immersive track by far. Thank you S397. The price is more than justified. Please create more tracks like this.

18. Uff

Uff Registered

This is the first rF2 DLC I purchase. Even if I found it a bit overpriced, I still wanted to show my support to the devs for the path they decided to follow: laser scanned tracks are a must for me nowaday.
    I did enjoy my first laps on the track, even if I found the environment next to the tarmac (i.e. grass and sand) very "old style". I've always been a big fan of 3D grass for the additional depth they offer to tracks and once again even in Sebring I found this part of the track very flat, giving it a look of a 10 years old track. I really hope this aspect can be improved in the future, as I'm really enjoing driving here.

Walker8, Louis and M D Gourley like this.
  19. oppolo

oppolo Registered

maybe the grass is cutted very short

20. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Yes, I would agree with the grass as I have done some screen shots recently with the new Sebring track and noticed the 'old style' grass textures.....just have to be careful when composing a screenshot that you do not get any low res textures in there that look obvious....other than that Sebring is a real blast to drive on.