Your 10 favorite car mods or cars available on RF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrivingFast, Jul 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

1) The car is more interesting to drive with more power ("more challenging", and the physics DO NOT change).
    2) The sensations are better (immersion).

What interests me in realism is the Physics, not the power of the car. Moreover, the physics of the engine are not changed.

But why am I responding to this childish aggression?

2. Louis

Louis Registered

1 -Thanks for sharing
    2 - the link you provided is like an update to install over steam installation?
    * i usually dont mess in tuning menu unless the original creator says that changing some parameter to make the car get the same performance (like f1 1986 and the qualify engine) but i will try

3. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Yikes! I'm guessing you two have history.

I wish I had some more power at certain times... like when I'm losing :) But much like "fan boost", that doesn't really make sense to me. True, you're not changing the car's physics directly but you are influencing them with forces that take it outside their specs and design. More horsepower will let you reach a higher top speed, for example, where you're designed aero, tires, suspension and brakes will all be operating outside their designed specification and indeed greatly effecting their physics.

So, IMHO, artificially enhanced power pushes realism past reality and reduce, not enhance the experience. It would be fun as an experiment - like mashing the gas and watching your car flip backwards at the slightest of bumps - and technically interesting to see how that affects the designed physics elsewhere. Overall, it doesn't improve the simulation. We'd be better off stepping into a higher power vehicle class altogether.

Just all my humble opinion, no offense meant.

Cheers,
    JR

vegaguy5555 and McKiernan like this.
  4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

It was my first modified car and to use it I think it is necessary to "crush the steam plant". I do otherwise now by modifying the "teams" file.

Louis likes this.
  5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Not wrong, but by increasing the torque / power from 150% to maximum 250%, usually not more than 180%, I do not feel that the realism of the car or the confidence that I can have in the Physics is shaken.

Try this NSX R version : if you LIKE the original NSX R, you will LOVE the Over powered new NSX.

6. Louis

Louis Registered

I cannot understand this expression "crush the steam plant" but will install the rcmp over my installation anyway to see what happen

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Hmmmmm, do we have a forum bug here?
    I have clicked on the link to the thread 'Your 10 favorite car mods or cars available on RF2' on the main forum page, on the right side, in the section 'new posts', but i have been obviously misleaded.

8. Louis

Louis Registered

I can confirm. The community screenshot thread (unedited) has the same problem. I think it is spreading

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  9. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@Louis That is not what i have meant.
    The forum works properly, but the users don't. :)
    I should have tagged my post with <start irony>...<stop irony>.
    As said, i clicked on the link to this thread, that is called 'Your 10 favorite car mods or cars available on RF2', but what i read, is a totally off topic discussion about an overpowered nsx.
    But it's not the only thread where that happens, but it's funny to see, that it's almost always the same people that go off topic quickly, with the always same things.

Emery likes this.
  10. Louis

Louis Registered

Should not we all? :D

Lazza likes this.
  11. Emery

Emery Registered

Somehow the sentiment that engine torque is not part of the physics is appalling.

12. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Not a standing, just a list:

1. Norma lmp3
    2. Official GTEs
    3. Official GT3s
    4. Dallara DW12
    5. Nissan GTR GT1
    6. Group C
    7. Skip Barber
    8. USF2000
    9. Nissan GT500
    10. Caterham 7
    11. McLaren M4B

Where can i find this beast? I can only find rf1 mod

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  13. enduser

enduser Registered

Sorry for OT but i m trying to download ASR F1 1992 and chrome tells me the link is unsafe and only sends me back to xtremefactor with no option to continue, if anyone with the 1992 grid mod has dropbox and cares to share that would be great!
    ^edit: found it, thx to Marmagas & Louis (link posted below)

Also whats the difference between S397 dallara dw12 and the indycar 2014 mod , arent they both 2014?

My favourites atm are:

Indycar Dallara DW12
    Formula Renault 3.5
    Brabham bt44
    Brabham bt20
    ASR Ferrari F641-2 & ASR OWC 1991
    Brabham bt55
    ASR Williams FW16_1994 (donationware)
    Nissan_GTR_2011
    Renault_MeganeTrophyII_2013

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  14. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Is it unrealistic if i tune my car to have more power in real life?

15. Emery

Emery Registered

Not unrealistic, but you HAVE changed the physics. Acceleration is improved, brakes will heat up more because you're slowing from a higher speed, tires will overheat more readily due to wheelspin, if car has an open differential then wheelspin becomes a given, etc.

All those reactions are physics. Not at all like changing paint color or putting lettering on the windows.

16. Emery

Emery Registered

Think how ridiculous it would be if DrivingFast had merely cut the weight of the car in half and then said "the car is 'more challenging', and the physics DO NOT change". Similar end result to doubling the torque (although it wouldn't affect top speed), yet once again the physics are definitely affected.

I have nothing against editing engine torque or car weight or whatever-the-hell-else you want to edit, but PLEASE don't insist the physics weren't changed.

17. Louis

Louis Registered

I think "physics not changing" means that with more power you wont be able to use the same break points, brake distance will change and brakes will be more stressed, acceleration wil be faster, etc... because physics still the same. I understood in this way

18. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I'm gonna include Official ISI and S397 content because at this point I can't remember which are mods and which are not.
    In no particular order and from the top of my mind (I might forget some)

GT3 Pack/Endurance Pack
    Simtek GT3
    URD T5 (DTM)
    Celica GTO
    Megane Trophy
    F1 Eve
    Brabham BT20
    Porsche 917K
    F1 1979 (Postipate/Chief)
    MAK-Corp Group C
    Skip Barber
    ISI NSX/Vette

Have yet to try the updated BTCC NGTC but I remember the previous version was good

19. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

This thread is very interesting (I discovered 2 good mods), let's stop this off-topic and get back to the subject.

The next time I want to send something nice to someone I'll do it by PM.

Let's go back to the subject, thank you.

Emery and Louis like this.
  20. Louis

Louis Registered

muzikant and enduser like this.