Released NOW Available Sebring International Raceway!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 27, 2018.

1. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

i could not stop laughing at this. lolol.

good job on track S397. Keep it coming. Ive yet to test the gte/gt3 bop, but will do so as time permits this weekend.

M D Gourley likes this.
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Just tried Sebring
    My refererance is countless laps in Iracings Sebring

1st impressions : top notch
    The very best track in rfactor2 by a long long way

No disrespect to the devs but I was not expecting Iracing quality ,
    Kunos tracks for instance are a step down from Iracings ( but still pretty good laser )

This is imo (1st impression) about on par with the Iracings

Iracing in my mind have always set a gold standard in sim racing tracks

In this case Rfactor2’s true various dynamics added it gives an experience leaps & bounds ahead of Iracings offering

Few points below :

-Price is cheap for high quality offered

-VR horizon still shakes even with new option on full (I know this is not attack issue but may make it unusable for some/degrade experience until sorted )

-I think there is a bit of PP (post processing ) going on even though I have the option off? , not a problem just something I noticed

TOP NOTCH WORK BIG THANKS

Any future lasered tracks is instant but from me

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Adrianstealth Put Stabilize Horizon on Low. This is actually the max setting, for the moment at least.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

So “low” reduces shake more than high does ?

5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Yes, I tried with High stabilisation first.
    I made it three corners before i sensed the motion headache coming on.
    But it turns out that LOW has the most stabilisation, and that was ok for me.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

In another thread,folks have been reporting that in vr,low is the full setting,which is backwards,but for monitors low is low and high is high.

Ernie and Adrianstealth like this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@patchedupdemon I'm trying not to post in every single thread, but Low is strongest on monitor too.

@Adrianstealth Yes, Low will make the cockpit/car move around you more over bumps, because it's keeping the horizon more stable.

8. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Yes, Low is strongest stabilisation on monitor for me as well. Single 27" monitor.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have been testing the 67 Howston (Lolas)modified by WooChoo at Tiger Moth Raceway this past week. Using the same amount of GT3 Calloways, I am getting incredibly similar single screen fps at Sebring as I was at Tiger. I have a two year old system and have chosen medium graphic settings, but I was expecting much worse fps. Plenty of testing yet to go with different times of day etc. but for my system at least...it's NOT a show stopper like it has been for some users. (with and AMD vid card btw)

woochoo likes this.
  10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Thanks for correcting me,I must have read that thread wrong,not unusual for me lol

Adrianstealth likes this.
  11. nurogize

nurogize Registered

A video driving the circuit at night would be appreciated.

C3PO and Adrianstealth like this.
  12. Grey

Grey Registered

Instabuy, Best RF2 track by far. Blown away.

13. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

I like your post to 99% but I must disagree regarding the comparison with iRacing. Sebring in rF2 is the best out there. Way more details, better racing atmosphere, superior ffb, impressive topographie. You feel every single hit from the surface, no matter in turns or on a straight. This level of immersion is something you don't got in iRacing. And i like iRacing very much. Spend yesterday also a lot of rounds in Sebring, drove 2 competitions in IMSA and MX and I spent around 400€ this month for content :D :eek:.

Price is absolutely ok. This kind of quality is excatly what I expect and need. Buy each future single road track of this quality. Fantastic.

ebeninca, Travis, mesfigas and 6 others like this.
  14. bwana

bwana Registered

just ran every setting fully maxed , mix of 45 GTE's ,5 x time . start time 6pm. leading into light shower after dusk. Great performance on my single. low FPS 53, Average on 1st 2 laps 75/80 and after a few laps running in the dark in an angry pack averaging 100 +/- 4 or 5 fps. So immersive. Brilliant job done

15. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

The 12h version is indeed fps hungry. I own a mid range computer (GTX960). If i drive alone it runs above 60fps but adding AI the average goes around 40fps.
    In the Full Track version i get double the fps so i can race with a full grid of AI no problemo, which is fine by me since the driving feeling in both tracks is exactly the same, so i rather do that than lower my display settings.

What an amazing track, best i've tried in any sim, PERIOD.

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  16. kimbo

kimbo Registered

I can not find words to describe this work, I expected a lot, a lot of s-397, but this surpassed absolutely everything I could imagine

17. Patrick Schumacher

Perhaps you should adjust the settings a bit. With my 1060 I had about 150fps during a single practice session. In a race with 30 KIs around 65fps at start, went up to 90-100 in the next rounds. I believe it was 12h version. Will doublecheck this. It's interesting if the full track really is so much less ressource consumptioning.

Btw. what's the difference between 12h and full track layout?

18. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

From the devs:
    "So today we release to you Sebring. The main layout is available in two versions. One featuring the 12-hour race layout, with a packed infield and a lot of spectators, and another that gives you more of a “track day” feel."

And after driving both from what i can tell it's only the surroundings, the driving feel (road mesh, bumps, ffb, etc...) was exactly the same. I'll let the devs correct me if I'm wrong.

I could lower my settings but I don't do it for any other track so just out of convenience I don't mind hotlapping the 12h version and race the Full version instead.

kimbo and Patrick Schumacher like this.
  19. Patrick Schumacher

Ok. Tried now the full track layout 1st time. It's the mentioned track day feel and a boost of about 20fps in average for me.

12h Layout: ca 130-170fps during a round
    full track:ca 150-190fps

I set up the graphics as recommended by S-397.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    fsuarez79 likes this.
  20. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Let me confirm that the difference between the 12h and full track is just the surroundings. The track layout is 100% the same.

Jan Fulka, ebeninca, lbird and 11 others like this.