Released NOW Available Sebring International Raceway!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 27, 2018.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

I need new computer ....
    its fps hungry

Louis and DrivingFast like this.
  2. sg333

sg333 Registered

Did two laps - WOW :eek:

I expected the bar to be raised as it was a pay track, but this absolutely blew me away, its spectacular :cool:

Redpxl and Alessio Feletto like this.
  3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

£7.99? Can't complain at that!

How much is it in iRacing, for comparison?

4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

From my very bad memory it’s was around 15 dollar love you long time

ebeninca and Eric Rowland like this.
  5. Jan Fulka

Jan Fulka Registered

Thanks, I drive 5 laps on 911RSR and fantastic work! keep it up many thanks

6. patchedupdemon

Marcel just said on twitch that they have Created this track differently to other titles that use laser scan data,where they have a graphical mesh and a mesh you drive on,
    Rf2 has only one mesh,so what you see is what you drive on.

This to me is mind blowing news,as I’ve always felt the reason for two meshes was to have a detailed graphical representation,but a lower fidelity mesh to drive on,again if I’m right,this is big because I haven’t seen a track with such graphical detail on its surface

If I’m right this is another mind blown moment for me

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    ebeninca likes this.
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

What about the dust thing they talked in roadmap? When will we see details about it?

8. patchedupdemon

I had to stop watching it as I have to pick my son up from cricket,I turned it off just as he was mentioning dirtmaps,so I can’t comment if that

9. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Fantastic. Keep up the good work. Sebring is excellent. I had to compare it directly with Sebring from iRacing and I claim it has at least the same quality, at least!

ebeninca likes this.
  10. stonec

stonec Registered

No it's the other way around. Assetto Corsa has a very detailed physical mesh, but a much less detailed graphical one. But this is indeed a win-win in every scenario.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  11. Depco

Depco Registered

I purchased and setup a Server using the Endurance pack at night... VRC Endurance @ Sebring.

This track is ridiculous. The feel of the road surface in the wheel is amazing. The track detail is awe-inspiring. Under the lights it comes alive. My hat off to you S397. Anyone who complains about this track is simply looking for a reason to be negative. I cant find one.

12. patchedupdemon

Ah ok thanks for clarifying that for me.
    Can I ask,is the two mesh system the reason why sometimes in iracing the wheels would be below or above the visual track surface

Also when you state it’s a win win in very scenario,would you care to elaborate on the reasons why,Id like to soak up some knowledge

13. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Well, this is indeed a landmark release for S397. Clearly this is a track to compare with any of the best modeled tracks - graphically and 'driving surface'-ally - of any track ever created by any sim racing title.

In my case, with a pretty old CPU/GPU, unfortunately the track is not playable in either the 12hr or 'track day' formats. Both give me about 30fps (14fps in the pits) in the best lighting conditions available. By comparison, I am getting about 80fps with the Virtua LM mod version (for the best tracks, like Portugal, I get about 120fps). So it's something I have been struggling with for some time; but there's no doubt now, that upgrade to my system is definitely needed. This is not intended as a criticism of the track, because it is well done and about what I expected in terms of performance hit. I've been at the limit on PC2 and iRacing as well, but now this will push me into the expenditure. For anyone with a lower-spec machine though and without the means to upgrade it, be forewarned at just how intensive this is. (I have a strong suspicion memory is overcommitted and its paging).

BTW, for anyone interested, there is a great read on iRacing's latest blog about the work they are doing on the new damage model. This is including a complete change in how they model tracks. They used to create 'splines' and a bump map from the point cloud; in future, this will be a mesh (different/more detailed than the graphical mesh) plus the bump map. In effect, they are now adopting the same approach as just about all other titles. There's some good details in the blog post about how detailed/fine the mesh is they are going to create going forward, and it seems likely to me that S397 have created something similar and possibly even higher resolution from what we have been shown so far.

I would just like to mention one more thing. And that is, a very great thanks to the folks at Virtua LM (monsum? plus others) for their mod tracks - namely, Sebring, Le Mans and Mid Ohio. These have to date been the gold standard of any tracks made by anyone for rF2 and my personal 'must have' list. To tell the truth I'm a little sad that time has marched on, and now the standard begins with the S397 version. But truly, a heartfelt 'grats' to that team, without whom, I would probably have abandoned rF2 years ago. What a lot of fun I've had on their creations.

C3PO, lbird, John and 5 others like this.
  14. Emery

Emery Registered

FPS-wise: ouch at times. Running 20 GTE AI at Sebring is like running 20 of the fps hungry GT3 at Silverstone.

Otherwise, a wonderful track!

mesfigas likes this.
  15. stonec

stonec Registered

I didn't notice much worse performance compared to e.g. NOLA or Matsusaka, but what I noticed was that this track uses more RAM and VRAM. If you go past the VRAM limit of GPU, the performance in rF2 goes down to less than 50%. With my 4 GB GPU I had no problems though.

@patchedupdemon Yeah probably the reason if it wasn't online lag. I haven't driven iRacing in a few years, but in AC the graphical mesh is I reckon something like 3-5 times less in polygons, so there would be a major deviation.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

My fillings have been shaken from my teeth. Never realised how bumpy it is!

Alex72 likes this.
  17. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

To the people saying it's overpriced, let's put it this way.....

Say PCars2 releases Sebring for $5, which we all know is going to be of less quality and you'll be drivingi it in cars with shi**y physics. Would you rather buy that one? Isn't the overall better experience worth the extra $8?? I rest my case.

Sim racers are funny....spend hundreds of dollars on hardware but are not willing to pay $10 on quality content to use that hardware

kimikaze, Jan Fulka, lbird and 13 others like this.
  18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Good evening.

I call S397 "emergency" (I really exaggerate a little bit :)).

The performances on Sebring are truly catastrophic, the word is well used.

I'm going to be factual :

With my ingame graphics settings/ Nvidia control panel / ingame parameters that are systematically identical for all the circuits, whatever the circuits (at least 60 I think), and the mods (at least 60), I get 99.9 % of the time 60 FPS minimum, usually without lags.

With Sebring :

To get 60 FPS in exactly the same conditions at 99.9% of the time, I need to totally disable my AA against AA level 5 normally.

Please, highly optimize Sebring.
    And test the performance on PC gamer accessible to all, not PCs at 2000 €.

@Christopher Elliott

F1 2004 and andrea_274 like this.
  19. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Registered

@DrivingFast

If I remember correctly you are complaining about performance for- (if my brain does not "triche" me) -ever. Have you considered to update at some point your PC? Do you have some other Sims which are running fine on your PC? If yes, when where they released?

A lot of stuff can be done surely by tweaking the preferences of the graphics card - are you on VR?

Ronnie, aguy0523 and patchedupdemon like this.
  20. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

impossible to play for me I've never had so much lag on rf2, I don't know where it came from...

75/85 fps...