At least one reference road car in RF2 (sportscar/supercar/hypercar - recent/old)

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Jul 27, 2018.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

S397 if I'm not mistaken says they are not really interested by making road cars, in any case this is one of the last priorities.

I do not blame them but I am very disappointed.

I find that a good compromise would be either :

- 1 very realistic road car, made on the basis of real data and in close connection with the manufacturer.
    It would be a compromise, to be one, but exceptionally well done.
    It would be primarily a recent supercar or hypercar or an old supercar (F40 ....). Otherwise an iconic sportscar (recent or not).

- In case the answer is no, I think that updating and possibly making Physics improvements to the following car would be desirable :
    Panoz, NSX, C6, AC Cobra.
    The idea would be to have the latest graphics and other updates, but most importantly : latest tires, latest technologies Physics.

So compromise possibilities are desirable in my opinion.

Please send a clear unambiguous message below showing that you find it important to have a minimum reference road car in RF2, if possible a supercar/hypercar.

S397 are passionate, I'm sure they understand my point of view ! :)

Thank you.

And yes we have the RS3.

IgnacioK, Fremen78 and Korva7 like this.
  2. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

to what end? the majority of people who race on sims won't have driven a recent super/hypercar so won't be able to compare it to in game anyway. In a racing game I'd rather have realistic race cars and race them against other realistic race cars than have a road car to drive around in..

road cars are already done in AC, PC2, NFS etc...I see no real need for them here

3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Mclaren p1

Korva7 likes this.
  4. Stevy

Stevy Registered

majority of people who race on sims won't have driven a recent racecars so won't be able to compare it to in game anyway
    Just give us some Golf or Jetta. See how pointless your argument is ?
    And I would like to have road cars too. So I can race against other road cars. So why not just do this ? I mean I want this.
    There are not just people who like race cars but also street cars. Why not accept this ? And why even bother when you seem not to care about this at all ? Just go race your racecars, its not like we have more street cars than racecars.

Doogal, Wanderer, IgnacioK and 3 others like this.
  5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

1) I find it exciting to drive cars that are extremely different from each other : Categories, types, awd/rwd/fwd etc.
    This results in extremely different Physics and different FFBs.
    This is the first reason I want a road car (sportscar/supercars/hypercar) that would be a reference in terms of realism on RF2 : it will necessarily be something very different from the GTE/GT3 etc.......

2) As a driving enthusiast, I will dream of pushing the limits of this famous road car on RF2. You don't want to dream a little in RF2 (don't talk me again about AC because it is not enough realistic).
    With Physics and a unique FFB on RF2.

3) Finally, I find lamentable that people want to impose their vision of things, for example :
    RF2 is obligatorily to 100% of the Race cars, RF2 is necessarily for the online players the others being shit, RF2 imposes to use the "set up" function at each race, etc.

As a reminder, I propose a compromise to S397 very restrictive for people who love road cars :
    1 single and ultra realistic car or full and complete update of 4 existing cars that are worth the cost. It seems reasonable to me.

I never liked sectarian people.

6. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I think it highly unlikely (not impossible) that you will see any road car content from S397 unless its a tie-in with a manufacturer for some sort of competition.
    You are right in that it as been stated road cars are not seen as a priority by S397, or the community for that matter on the whole.

Assetto Corsa is your best bet for road cars.

One of the reasons I think this unlikely also is the unwillingness to produce random one off content that doesn't fit anywhere.
    I know this is something I've been keen to see S397 steer clear of.
    Content is much better when its cars and tracks that fit well together as a series.

I think your best bet is to either convert an existing car (with permission obviously) or ask the modding community for help in doing so.

Alex72 and David Kolody like this.
  7. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I would be happy if they would just update the already existing cars (Corvette C6, Nissan NSX and the others which name I don't know)
    But I guess this will not happen anytime soon. Maybe a modder could update these cars ?

IgnacioK likes this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

NSX, Panoz roadster, C6 (also ZR1 PDE which is theorically a real supercar), AC Cobra, Radical RS3 RSX.

Yes a big physics update with new tires will be very appreciated.

Anyway 95% of the ISI content deserve a big PHYSICS update.

IgnacioK and David Kolody like this.
  9. green serpent

green serpent Registered

If S397 don't want to go down the road car path (which is a MASSIVE shame), then what I really think rf2 needs is some entry level race cars/track cars. Something like an mx-5, toyota 86 or a honda S2000. They have entry level open wheelers, but what I really think they need is a fun, somewhat easy to drive entry level tin top car. Something that would provide really close door to door racing, like the mx-5 in iracing.
    I have quite a few hours now in rf2 and honestly I'm not sure if i'd be confident entering a race with the gt3s or gte's (let alone someone who is fairly new to sim racing). Personally, I want to start with something easy and work my way up incrementally.

IgnacioK and misi like this.
  10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Try the Panoz roadster. Perhaps good for you.

11. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I agree completely with an entry level tin top. MX5 would be great.
    Something to bridge the gap to full on Race cars like the GT3.
    Maybe squeeze a GT4 class in the middle as well.

12. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I appreciate the tip... but I've driven each road car in rf2 for MANY hours ;) They're all great (I especially like the NSX), but I need some variety! I do enjoy mods quite a bit, but I have some kind of purist/elitist complex were if something is not the best of the best with the very latest iteration of everything (i.e the latest S397 content), it just won't do.

13. green serpent

green serpent Registered

A Cayman or a Ginetta would be really swell. Am I the only one who loves a slower car? The art of finding the last hundreth of a second with super smooth driving is something I don't get with the faster race cars.

IgnacioK and Daniele Vidimari like this.
  14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Unfortunately, that's the only option for your wishes.

They're a barrel of fun, especially the KTM X-Bow.

15. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Raced the Skippys over on iracing for exactly this reason

16. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Would anyone be interested in setting up a server for road cars only? Allow all the first party content and possibly the BMW M5 mod? I'd think about doing it myself but I wouldn't even know where to start.

17. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

What interest me in road/supercars is the softer edge and higher power / grip ratio compared to race cars. Basically there is more of the joy of controlling the oversteer. I get some of that also from the historic race cars.

About having cars with nothing to race against. It would be possible to make a pack of cars that have similar performance, like Mclaren p1, Laferrari and porche 918 and maybe have bop versions of the cars for online racing.

Then there have been people saying that why have supercars in rf2 since we have them in Ac and pc2. Well, because rf2 has better physics and combination of rf2 physics with supercars would be the best thing ever : ) Also Acc is not going to have supercars so there would be more of a niche for that in future.

I don't know much about modding, but i think it would be nice to have latest tech road tires made by s397 that modders could then use as a base for their cars tyres.

18. misi

misi Registered

+1
    (I will be more than happy with the update ;-)

19. green serpent

green serpent Registered

So funny that you say that, I literally just had a drive in the Eve F3 to get my 'kind of road car feeling' fix.

Korva7 likes this.
  20. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Maybe it would work other way around too then, meaning that historic car fans could get their driving fix from certain roadcars.