Released Brabham BT44B and March 761 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Tompa

Tompa Registered

So much goodness and here I am on vacation and cant test these cars...yet. :(
    Anyhow, awesome news! :D

DrivingFast likes this.
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I didn’t use for long I did turn up ffb to try & compensate
    Not had long enough to make a good opinion etc but I wasn’t blown away or impressed on first impression like I was & am each time I use a lot of the other Rfactor 2 sim-cars
    These new ones seem grippy & ffb a tad plain

I’ll try again after updates etc

3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The Brabham has a FFB that is very sensetive to car setup. Just filling the tank has a much bigger impact on how heavy the FFB feels compared to other cars in the sim, so it gets pretty damn heavy with full tank. Might be that the car was developed with this in mind so that FFB doesn't clip at the start of the race. Haven't tried the March in that regard, but I suspect that it is similar.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I suspect it’s a quick AMS conversion,
    Pushed out for free due to it not being totally given the thoughough treatment & finalisation ?

These are not to the highest standard of rfactor2

Im not saying they are not still decent sim cars & big big thanks to studio 397 for doing the hard work

I’d prefer to wait then pay for a premium product

I don’t state this with disrespect
    IsI set a new benchmark in ffb, dynamics, depth of physics & some of the very best sim cars in the whole of sim racing we’ve had from the start ( of rf2 ) & studio 397 are doing a brill job too
    It’s just that newer cars are not to the high standard or ( if possible ) not breaking any new ground

Eg new ground : new advanced gear box / clutch or improvment (if poss) on existing aspects

I don’t imminently think something is better because it’s the newest
    ( although I’d like it to be obviously )
    I think some perhaps do Only to find their enjoyment is shorter lived

The lotus 79 in Iracing is a good reference & Iracing is inferior to Rfactor 2’s ffb & physics where sim cars are concerned

Reference is also the high quality original historical of rfactor2

Only my opinion , still really excited with what’s going on with rf2 thanks to studio397 , have brill sim cars already in rg2 of course

5. bwana

bwana Registered

conversion from what? AMS ? so you think all the beta work on the BT44 was discarded to thro in a conversion?? .. Too much sitting up watching that silly round ball game Adrian. There is a change from the last tire version in the BT granted but the rest is still very similar. Love the way you can still drive it with your feet and the next level it goes too when your thrashing it is insane fun..

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Ball game is over now at least for England

These are scratch made sim cars?

Very hot in England so getting garden stuff sorted then off to Asia for a while ( & Singapore f1 )
    So I’ll be back into rfactor2 + a hardware upgrade after the trip

Will try these sim cars again then
    ( maybe they’ll be updated too )

bwana likes this.
  7. Jeremy Farrow

Jeremy Farrow Registered

All i can say is I've Really enjoyed both cars. No issues or complaints from me.

Duncan likes this.
  8. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Whilst great cars, what I like to see from S397 is to compliment the pair with a hodgepodge of Cosworth DFV powered cars raced between 1973 through 1977 (mostly the Emerson Fittipaldi class cars from Masters Historic F1) with the likes of Maki, Kojima, Hesketh, Tyrell, Ensign, LEC, Apollon, Hill, Parnelli, Penske, Lyncar, Token, Trojan, Amon, and BRM (though used their own engine)...and not forgetting Shadow

Reiza could add in the Copersucar Fittipaldi from Automobilista for their forthcoming DLC

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Mauricio_Leiva likes this.
  9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Can I request a Shadow DN1? :oops:

10. Tompa

Tompa Registered

Yesterday was rainy conditions on the server, I struggled hard with one of the March,
    dont remember which one, it said Beta on it. I tried lowering the wings and tire pressure
    but then I changed to Brabham and what a difference in handling during a wet track.

11. Comante

Comante Registered

It is a very fun racing with these cars, because I think they adapt well to different skills of different players: novice player can have fun even if they are few seconds slower than experienced ones, while the latter can experience the thrill or floating in a tin can of sudden death, is just a matter of how much wing you dare to remove and how long you dare to floor the throttle.

Alex72 and Magus like this.
  12. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Oh yeah, I forgot

13. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Can anybody else hear that static noise in the background when driving the brabham and using a headphone? It is not the wind it's like the sound when you listen a low quality sound track?
    Also from external camera or an replay the is a bit of a odd sound. It sounds like the car or body parts are touching the ground.

14. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Mostly the sound from within the cockpit makes me want to drive these even more.

15. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Apologies if this has been noted already but not sure this looks right? :confused:

[​IMG]

16. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Have you tried the default showroom?

17. bwana

bwana Registered

I have a few issue when using the 88’ Ui

18. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I recently took both cars out for a ride, just to compare them with the (similar) Formula Retro from AMS, which i think are an absolute joy to drive.
    I have to admit, that i had expected to get some crazy historic cars with boat-like handling and very difficult to drive. But to my surprise, these cars are very precise to control and with a believable amount of grip. You always know, what the car is doing. Great fun to drive these cars. Well done, Studio397. And the handling is intuitive and quite similar to the AMS Retro cars, which is, from my personal standpoint, a good thing.

Alex72 likes this.
  19. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

The 'Gorilla of Monza' Vittorio Brambilla crashes his Beta March after crossing the finish line at the Osterreichring. He won the rain-shortened race....

[​IMG]

muzikant, jimagn, davehenrie and 2 others like this.
  20. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

Thanks for these cars!!...more historic content is always very welcome...any plans to release some templates??

muzikant, Eduardo del Mango and Mauro like this.