[REL] Studio Showrooms

Discussion in 'Other' started by FuNK!, Jul 13, 2018.

1. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Hey there,
    this is nothing special, just some simple 'studio showrooms'. So I believe there is no much of a description needed, but maybe some screenshots and - of course - a download link. Enjoy!

The »White Studio« is just a plain white showroom which should just suit most of the cars and skins. Some previews:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The »Blue Studio« has just a slight blue backdrop. This will suit most cars and skins too. Some previews:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last but not least, the »White Studio« fixed in side view. This is perfect for taking screens for spotter guides or skin previews (with some editing of course). Some previews:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please note
    Some car shadows don't work straight away. You will have to zoom in to the max and zoom out again to force the engine to re-render the shadows. Of course some mods don't show any shadows at all, so this would be up to the mod makers to fix.
    Also for the side view showroom, the zoom is not locked so just zoom in and out to the max once and all shadows should be there.

Known issues
    Some cars are not centered in the showroom or have tires which poke through the floor. Some even use low LOD distances, so you cannot make use of the full zoom all the time. Please report any of such (with detailed info on mod) so I can have a look and try to find a fix for the showroom.

License
    None. Use it for whatever you want. Mention me as the original author if you like.

Download
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2mzfmu12i2wdzk/StudioShowrooms_0.1.rfcmp?dl=0
    (Feal free to add additional mirrors!)

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thank you. That's a great showroom for mod makers and making the preview picrures. :)

Rastas likes this.
  3. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Thank you :)

4. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

Thank you so much! This will be so handy for spotter guides! :)

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you, this will help for sure.

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Hello, about this, what is the distance you need to be displayed correctly, because I have the issue on the EnduranceSeries mod, and we can fix it if we know the LOD distance required.

7. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

That would be awesome!

The drawing distance of the showrooms is as follows:
    white & blue studio - range: 3.0 - 10.5
    white studio side - range: 1.0 - 16

I'm not completely sure if the distance is measured in meters like the LODs, but it looks like. For instance your Flat6GT3 has a max LOD of 10 meters and parts of the car pop out if you zoom out. Others have a minimum of 30 or 50 meters set and don't have problems. So probably any value greater than 16 should work well for these showrooms!
    Sidenote: If it's larger I can set a larger FOV and have a more flat sideview...16 already was the compromise as most mods seem to work with that.

MaD_King likes this.
  8. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

I would recommend setting the LOD range more generously, say to at least 100 meters for all cars, just to give showroom builders a bit more freedom to work with. It really makes no sense to be so strict with the range here. LODs exist so we can draw cars faster on track, when there potentially are a lot of them and they might be further away from the viewer. In the showroom we only ever show one car, and it's always reasonably close.

Alexandr Meshkov, Rastas and MaD_King like this.
  9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Great job and potentially very very useful for icons!

Here some to be focused. I do not know if are issues related to the graphic adapter or some else, but this is what I see as I load the showroom:
    20180716103341_1.jpg
    as I move the mouse the blue/black strip disappears (but moving the mouse is not a good move for the reason I'll explain above...)

Anyway as I move the mouse, like zooming in for a larger view of the car for further use like icon... and I close the showroom to open it again for another car, you can see that the refresh fails and you can see part of the previous car:
    20180716103433_1.jpg

One thing I kindly ask you for adding (if is possible in coding it) is a very useful option for creating icons: to have memorized the position/zoom/point of view set in the showroom! In this way loading the next car we'll see it exactly like the car before. This is mandatory for taking same screenshots, quickly and easily, of each car of the same class for further usage.
    Your tool is already a step ahead the S397 showroom for this use, because in the lateral option we already have the car almost well positioned, but to have memorized the zoom would be a winning option.

Thank you

10. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Actually the showrooms do have a default position (zoom and viewpoint) but I found that it's ignored in some cases. However, the black or sometimes white error at the bottom is basically clipping of the camera through the floor. It should disappear after you zoom in and back out again (similar like the shadow issue).
    The side view shoowroom has a maximum zoom which is the starting zoom as well. To have the same view each time just zoom in (to remove the glitches) once an zoom out to the max again. Use ENTER to hide the menu and take your screenshot with F12. Go to the next car and proceed.
    Tipp for modders: If you install the showroom to DevMode you can just extract the ini file from the mas to the same directory of the mas file and edit the zoom settings with an editor. You can set the min and max zoom to better suit your car. If you want to change the FOV, just extraxt the SCN, change that parameter and pack the SCN back into the mas.
    If you find any cool setup I would be happy to add it :cool:

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you for answering, so the zoom for taking pictures can be managed in the file... I'll look at it.
    What I'd like to have is a way for memorizing last cam position, but I think to understand from your answer that is something related only to the code and not editable...

12. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

You are right, this is not memorized and you cannot code it - although in some situations it looks like the last position is memorized (maybe only if you are just viewing the same car but different skins). The options are limited to min, max and starting. Anyway, as the shadows and stuff are making problems from time to time, you cannot make full use of memorizing the last position at all (you always have to zoom in and out once). That was the reason why I set the start to max but allow a minimum for zooming. Does this make sense?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Slow Motion likes this.
  13. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

What I've noticed with the showrooms is they stay as they are while your in there changing cars but go back to default position after you leave the game or go on track, any memory is erased.
    Best thing for ICON shots is to rely on the default. If you don't move it you should get the same result each time.

FuNK! likes this.
  14. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@FuNK! @Slow Motion @D.Painter Do i understand it wrong, about what you are talking?
    I have just tried it and i can preset a different view angle by editing the first values of the distance, yaw and pitch entries in the showroom ini file.
    So you can preset your favorite view, load a car, make your screenshot and repeat that for all other cars with the exact same look.
    Here are 2 screenshots of the s397 showroom with different values.
    The first screenshot is made with original values.
    Distance = 6.2, 2.5, 6.2
    Yaw = 0.85, -3.15, 3.15
    Pitch = -0.26, -2.0, -0.02
    and the second with these values
    Distance = 4.2, 2.5, 6.2
    Yaw = 0.35, -3.15, 3.15
    Pitch = -0.66, -2.0, -0.02
    GRAB_001.JPG

GRAB_002.JPG

15. KittX

KittX Registered

The idea is really great, hope you can add some black studio :)

alexSchmurtz and FuNK! like this.
  16. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

These values represent what is the default when the showroom are made.
    Each showroom that FuNK made has a set default value.
    By changing what you did you've merely set a new, different default. (Preset)

What we're talking about is manually moving the car in the showroom using the mouse. If you do that for your ICON shots you'll need to duplicate it each time so they are all the same. This is hard to do so as I said previous, you'd be better off just to use the default.

FuNK! likes this.
  17. Bernd

Bernd Registered

That is what i have meant.
    If you setup the default view in the ini in that way, in that you want to have it for the icon screenshots, you always have the exact same view, without to have to zoom or move something.
    Do we have a misunderstanding?

18. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

You are all right but because of some shadow render issues you have to zoom in and out once. Before that isn't fixed in the engine you need to at least allow zooming. Of course you will allways have the same view if you zoom to a fixed point (either min or max zoom, whereby I believe only max zoom works well because of the shadow thing).

19. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Yes. I know. But you asked if that was correct so I just verified that you are on the right track.

The thing with these showrooms is that FuNK has done this for you, or anyone who want to use them. The best part of having these available is if all mod teams use this standard set ICON our rF2 install can look much cleaner, more professional, not so random.
    I like clean and net. You?

Nitrometh likes this.
  20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

For usage just for icons, also if, as said by the author, you need anyway to zoom in/out, once testing (quickly and easily) in devmode you have found the shot you like, it is atm the best way!
    And I can say, after months of development of a mod, to spend few moment with that, is not a problem: is it?

Then, if a day finally S397 will add the easy feature to lock some values (zoom, fov, coordinates of the point of view) everybody will be happier! Could be a good idea to add this feature during the current development of the new UI, also if I read somewhere that S397 already developed a routine for having the new side picture of each car made by itself.

Thank you.

Mauro likes this.