Reiza + Studio397 + rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taris Henrique, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

I totally agree. Reiza have given me so many great cars and tracks that I've never heard of before and I'm still a hard time to find any track that's bad.
    It's fun to get away from the big known tracks such as spa, monza, nurnburg etc even if those are great tracks as well.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Audio - AMS has surround sound, but rF2 is still only stereo.
    Handling & FFB - will transfer fine provided they have tires.
    Setting a new standard for all rF2 content - doubtful since AMS models are generic and relatively low resolution compared to current rF2 DLC models.

Personally, I'll be very happy to drive FVee in rF2.

pkelly likes this.
  3. vittorio

vittorio Registered

For me as an rF2 user this is great news! I sometimes heard from other rF2 users that AMS is a great sim too - yes sim, not simcade, not arcade. There aren't many sims out there and only sims count for me. But because of missing VR support AMS wasn't an option for me. I'm sure Reiza will provide high quality content and thats a win for rF2 users, I hope it's a win for AMS users too. win-lose situations will die quick anyway.

But I can imagine this is only an intermediate step forward.

What would you think if in the more distant future simracing companies work together on one simulation base (think of it like an operating system for racing simulations). So S397/Reiza/others .. work together on the simulation base (and not implementing the simulation base again and again) but compete on various features and content? This I think could clearly be a heavy competitor for iRacing and could change the simracing market considerably. But ATM this is only fantasy.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I don't remember the last time i drove Spa or Monza ! I personally prefer to drive on some completely new track totally unheard of than do another lap of Monza or Spa ! Their in everything and its all ( exaggerated) people use online in most games and im quite simply fine with any track that's not on the F1 calendar . Thats one of the beauties of both rF2 and AMS and to a lesser extent R3E , the completely new massively variable track rosters thanks to the great modding community .

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

My feeling is that this is never gonna happen. When you take a close look at different sims and the approach from the developers it makes it quite clear that all of the devs share different visions on how a sim should be. Some of them put alot of focus on presentation and content, some of them put more focus on immersion, sounds or the driving experience, some put focus on technical aspects and some just try to offer a great package like AMS for example, even if it isn't the most sophisticated in any of the areas. At the end this is pretty good for the user, because there is something for each of us dependend on what your preferences are and what you are looking for. And in the long run it might force devs to drop their prices ... :)

The cool thing about thie collaboration though is that it is a win win situation for everyone involved, especialy people who like AMS and rF2. And with the history of Reiza and rF2 it is also quite clear, that the visions are pretty close.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re. Sim cars

Top notch ffb , depth of physics is my priority

Not slightly dumbed down slightly overly grippy as found in many other titles

Pretty please

LokiD likes this.
  7. bwana

bwana Registered

I don’t need 460fps

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

10. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Registered

Seriously... what is the point of having such resolution in 27in monitor? It just doesn't make sense for gaming. For CAD or photography maybe... just maybe, but still I'd rather go with at least 30 in. For gaming? lol

ETA:
    I guess monitor manufacturers are doing the same bullcrap we've seen with digital cameras. People wanted the highest MP cameras that came with tiny sensors (which created problems with noise), and then either never printed bigger than 4x6 or viewed their pictures on 1024x768 screen.
    There is absolutely no point having higher resolution than 1440p on 27in. I myself have 2560x1600 30in screen that I bought for photography and use for sim racing. The pixels are already so fine that there is no need to run AA higher than 2, or none at all, as there is no visible difference.
    Putting 4k in tiny screen will do one thing - GPU will have it rough and FPS will suffer but you'll see no difference in quality (all other things being equal).

The monitor 2ndLastJedi linked to has some nice features, but 4k is actually a huge drawback. You need real estate for such resolution, and IMO 50in is absolute minimum to even see a difference (of course they don't make such big monitors yet). For gaming on 27in stick with 1440p and don't get sucked into marketing.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Emery likes this.
  11. Dan1

Dan1 Registered

Also i have another question, i have automobilista and the season pass and as much i like it theres something missing.

""July 2017:

Car pack from a major manufacturer - TBA

As we progress we will be detailing these packs further.""

This car pack from a major manufacturer still missing and they are porting their cars to RFactor 2 i was going to ask if we gonna get this ports for free but this is not going to be the case for sure so, maybe before porting things to RF2 we could get our season pass finished.

And again i will say it, if they only port their brazilian stuff will be dissapointing.

In AMS they have, Suzuka, RedBullRing (modern and historical), Oulton Park, Brands Hatch, Imola (modern & historic), Adelaide (modern & historical), Hockenheim (modern & historical)

And again porting only this brazilian prototypes like the MCR2000 and the Metalmoro...., sure they are not bad but just look at their roster, you know how much they could sell if they ported only the Formula Ultimate (2017/2018)???
    Because of the many people racing f1 leagues with bad mods you can imagine that they would sell a LOT
    Now imagine how much they could sell porting all their F1`s
    I dont understand is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Remember it's a game, so binary. Order of magnitude is only 2x :D

13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Australia has some absolute gems like Symmons Plains, Hidden Valley, Barbagallo and so on.

14. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Reiza statement is:
    - RF2 Reiza Bundle is a side project
    - latest DLC is still a thing and near to release
    - they are working to their next title too

About car and track selection:
    - Ilbarra is an endurance track so fit perfect with rF2, you guys race at NOLA which is even worse
    - Metalmoro, MCR and F Vee are single licensed cars and not part of official series so you can license them more easily for rF2 bundle (I would be more happy if it was a full Metalmoro pack with AJR, MR18 and endurance Fiat500)

Since they are going to release a new game (based on rF2 engine?) they would shoot in their faces putting F1 cars in the bundle....

15. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

Mini challenge please!!!!

16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Would love to see the trucks come to rf2 in all honesty. Razzing round Munich in Eurotruck Simulator isn't the same.

Shawn Jacobs likes this.
  17. yippssy

yippssy Registered

One of the worst solutions in rFactor2, and one of the best solutions in Automobilista, are the gearboxes.

I hope it could be fixed in rFactor2.

gabrielof, RaceNut and Mauro like this.
  18. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

That would be awesome. The off-road trucks seem to be great, too.

19. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

This is basically what I hope, since all the bits collected around seems to point to a new AMS title based on rF2 engine would be great to see both developers share their knowledge in order to dramatically improve the base platform of both titles with new features and some code revision.
    For example AJR cars are turbo cars so I expect to see the AMS turbo code ported to rF2, same for gearbox, series rules, AI, etc etc
    Even if, reached this point, I would also expect cross-porting between the 2 titles thanks to modders and I ask myself why they don't go the Kartsim route in order to avoid this...

gabrielof and yippssy like this.
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I'm pretty sure rF2 already simulates turbo since a long time ago

Gonzo likes this.