[REL] SMG HUD pack 2.5 (updated!)

Discussion in 'Other' started by Slow Motion, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

A guy (Badun) on Steam noticed the Delta Best doesn't show correctly the time (decimal).

It is caused by the public build of rFactor2 that isn't yet updated by S397. The new incoming build will bring a lot of improvements (thank you S397 for the hard job!) and some adjustments to the HUD code too. I cannot reveal detailed info about the improvements, but, about the Delta Best, I can say it will show properly the time, without the need of too many units.

So please, be patient, and the new build will repay you for waiting!

current public build ---> Delta Best = +/-00:00.000 format
    20180417150832_1.jpg

new build ---> Delta Best = +/-0.000 format
    20180417145939_1.jpg

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Can you make a version of this HUD without the center part? So we can use them on some cars that have good LCD/LED info

3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Are you meaning without the whole main round OR without the center of it (so you can see behind), but with the rings with all other info like rpm and speed arrows, etc...
    Also because the main round contains other info, like delta best time, warning for overheating, blue and yellow flags...

Then, why not something with these missing info in the top of the screen?

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Idk I prefer stuff in the cockpit. But I guess what I'm requesting would not be used much, a minimal number of rF2 cars have the leds working properly so this HUD covering the LCD/LEDs is not a big deal, nevermind.
    This one looks really nice anyway

5. rixracer

rixracer Registered

Thank you for your VR efforts!

Shawn Jacobs likes this.
  6. Frankalexandre

Frankalexandre Registered

Nice job. I have a problem, time remaining shows nothing on all VR huds i tested.

7. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

Unfortunately in race the time remaining doesn't work on any of the default Huds, it only works in practice and qualifying.

Only way you can keep an eye on it in race is by scrolling through the MFD.

Cheers.

atomed likes this.
  8. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Registered

Is all this info coming from the SMG OW HUD? (Which version 1-4) many thanks Sean.

9. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

No Sean, the bulk of the (I have to say it) clutter is from, the DX9 only, TrackMap Plugin.
    The ISI / S397 and 3rd party HUDs have displayed everything the rF2 HUD can display.
    In the picture I've posted I put an orange box around all the stuff from TrackMap Plugin, I may have missed one or two. rFactor2_22.jpg

10. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Playing need for speed

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Hi Slow Motion, any chance you could revisit this suggestion?
    [​IMG]

I dont mean the full design, just its base and more about the position since it all stays on botton right of the screen.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Casually I've seen this post, please next time add @ or PM or reply, so I'll be notified...

Will, can you please resume a little the whole matter? Because time ago you posted about some modifications and then posted again to do not care to it, now this post that I do not understand: with HUD features is not possible to build something like the picture both for limitations in features and because S397 never fixed the bug that affects the HUD since long time ago... I suppose because in the future they think to have the plugin working again vs. this one.
    On graphical side, this is one of the endless chances to show some info, I could say (personal opinion) more for a console than for a simulator/game.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well on the design I think the one in the pic is more elegant and "sim" than all the other HUDs existent in rF2 but to each their own :)
    But I dont totally mean the design
    Let me try to explain: I mean more the position, having the rpm,gear, speed like this close to the grid order, pit menu, tire info, etc just like in the pic (I dont know how it's called, you know this menu that we can roll) on the botton right side of the screen (and also an option for the botton left side of the screen inverted), the delta timer could be above the rpm part, the fuel could be kept there where it is showing in the pic and other info like lap times etc between the virtual mirrors maybe if placing them before the fuel would make it take too much space. Some of your HUDs get our attention in 2 or 3 ways for shifting (like gear number go red first, then the whole thing go red) if this one could do that as well would be great and usefull as it wont block the LCD of cars that have decent cockpits but can also be used just fine in cars where the LCD/LEDs are messed up.
    Hope it's more clear now, sorry I'm terrible to explain design things :D

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

ahahah Will, I'm not sure to have understood everything! LOL
    I'll read it again, also because I did so many different HUDs and with so many different options, that you should start from one for a detailed explanation...
    I can say that the different moment that gear and background move to red is wanted: it is a different code in some HUDs that helps in understanding the right moment to change gear before the limiter (where mods have it and depending of how it is set by the modder).
    Due to the fact the HUD cannot be positioned by user, there is no way to have it working correctly for any mod... this is another reason I did tens and tens of HUDs, so with a little ok luck everybody can find the one that better matches the cockpit mod... but I cannot make hundreds of HUDs for hundreds of mod.
    About the different position of the right panel, the one "that we can roll", sincerely I haven't enough patience to move it: it is possible but it means to move hundreds of lines and fine tuning hundreds of numbers and finally getting crazy for adapting the part regarding the aids, much more crazy than the people at ISI that had the idea to code it in that way, LOL
    I was almost confident to see the end of the HUD, due to the new code by S397 regarding the plugins... so these HUDs should be only a temporary solution to the stop imposed by the DX11 to the TrackMap and similar...

Please PM or @ or use the reply button for further detailed requests, thank you.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the HUDs, also due to the better quality of the dashes in the last mods, should be intended to be used from TVCockpit without interfere with the dashes themselves

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I tried to draw what I meant, dont be envy of my ninja Paint skills, takes years of training to reach this level :D
    I put the left side there too to show what I meant with having it inverted as an option, time info goes to the top between virtual mirrors, I meant this based on the design above, how they are linked (tho I know it's not possible to fully link it with that menu that rolls) and positioned. I think I draw it a bit too big :D

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      38.6 KB
      Views:
  16. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Agree 100%.
    Getting the driving aids screen right can be very frustating.

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I saved the jpg, but to move the whole right panels, as I said, is something of unbelievable and atm I haven't that kind of patience. Do not forget that anyway it is almost impossible to reduce the size (horizontally) of those panels continuing to have all those info and it is not possible in the most cases to reduce text to initials etc...
    I really hope S397 will speed the process of releasing the new plugin code, so expert guys in the community will be free to release something like the TrackMap (I could be of help in that future case, because I already helped Max "Fazerbox" in developing the G.I.D. at first and the TrackMap later).

18. ceecee

ceecee Registered

@Slow Motion We still are using this great HUD !
    But....I have wondered for ages what this data means (marked in red box on HUD in screenshot) ?
    Anybody know ? (probably something really simple but I cannot figure it out o_O)

Attached Files:

19. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Seeing it's next to the tyre temp and wear I would lean towards front and rear ride height.
    The arrow has me stumped, I thought it could be a weight transfer indicator working off the ride height data but I'm fairly sure ride height can only be displayed with numbers.
    Hurry up Slow.....;)
    edit: looking at some pics above it could be tyre pressure, but that bloody arrow. :mad:

ceecee likes this.
  20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

height from ground