Post your RF2 car skins here.

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Some of the early Shanks weren't too outlandish. Perhaps the Metallic skins that ran at Laguna last year....best of luck.

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

The biggest issue is today's liveries are using much more shiny vinyl wrap on them but the Dev's are making the cars for rF2 with much less shine. The latest GTE cars are using a white alpha. So this means we can't get the cars anywhere near the real liveries. Not even the normal ones in my opinion. It's not the fault of rF2's engine. It's the Dev themselves and the lack luster way they set the shaders on the GMT Mesh. It seams they set the models up just to suit one livery and not think beyond it. For the price we payed for the latest GTE offering the quality is far from what we get for a third the cost for AssettoCorsa but it's not like rFactor2 isn't capable! It's the Dev's that are creating it's limitations whether it's on purpose or not I don't know but it's clear it's getting worse each time they release something then we're paying three times the cost of it. Bonnet mode with the Porsche RSR we're looking at the road through the bonnet vents!

Bears;
    I could help you out with both the Callaway window banner and the rear bump, Plus the McLaren rear bumper but I hate with a vengeance seeing a car model deface by using another manufactures brand on another. So basically I'm not going to be apart of helping you do that.

You do know that you can use a livery without re branding the make of the car. Try it..

3. bbspadon

bbspadon Registered

4. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Bonnet mode? When did teams start mounting seats up on the Hood/Bonnet? Boy imagine the bugs you would eat....

6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

What a selfish, arrogant thing to say. !
    I know people who can't sim race using the in car mode because they get motion sickness. I don't and it dose seam funny but it's not! So they rely on a good bonnet mode in a mod.

I look forward to the day this same affliction hits a arrogant jerk like you and then you maybe a bit more understanding of others.
    Cheers. Prat..

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Arrogant? Moi?? No worries there, just an age old affliction of mine. Back in the day of GPL, which was the first sim that tied the physics to the frame-rate, some users found they could drive faster using either the Kite or nose cams, probably due to the increased framerate. While I could see the 'advantage' of being able to see all of the car as you entered a turn, or approached a wall, I never could accept that a true sim should be played like a video game. So here I was, and still am I guess, one of the absolute slowest slugs in the entire world of gaming and I insist on shaming those who choose to fly behind the car or perch upon it's nose. So, my apologies to those who cannot stomach driving from the cockpit. And to the rest........ BONNET CAM????

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I have had someone comment on one of my YouTube videos saying that bonnet cam is the most realistic view.

Now he mentions it, I remember Shane Van Gisbergen driving while prone on the bonnet of his Vauxhall at the weekend. Won the race too, so it must work!

9. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

If the bonnet cam is set up right you should be able to use the FOV and go back enough that you have the top of the dash visible at the bottom of the screen. I have already got a steering wheel in front of me, Not a keyboard! Don't need a second one. Some cockpits that are being used out there have a small screen setup on the steering wheel to replicate the motec. This has the in game telemetry through to it. Uses a plugin. whether this still works now in this DX11 version I have no idea. But again in car is just duplicating what you already have in front of you.

As for frame rates being a advantage. Maybe years back but not today. As long as your getting 60 FPS + there is no advantage at all. Advantage with bonnet cam on single screen is viability. But those that have a three screen setup and drive in car have the same advantage over a single screen in car.

It's a shame this discussion is in the wrong thread but it's one worth talking about.

davehenrie likes this.
  10. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

11. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

12. bbspadon

bbspadon Registered

BlkJello, jayarrbee36, bears and 2 others like this.
  13. bears

bears Registered

14. bears

bears Registered

15. Highlandwalker

Your welcome.

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

17. Highlandwalker

It's not actually yellow, it's a darkish orange. It's pretty close to the colour of the many pictures I got. My monitor is calibrated for photography. Sorry if it looks a bit strange on your screen.

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

don't worry about that, I was admitting MY system is probably out of wack, especially my TV. So let me set your mind at ease. No criticism from me about your work. Very well done.. You and others who can paint or model have my complete admiration!!!

19. Skan

Skan Registered

More sponsor spam. They love me though.
    [​IMG]

Proprietary fading technique. You cannot afford the secret.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BlkJello, GeraArg and davehenrie like this.
  20. bbspadon

bbspadon Registered