Very quiet Opponent engine/exhaust noise

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jebstone, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Jebstone

Jebstone Registered

Hi,

I just grabbed the game yesterday, and immediately noticed that I can barely hear opponent cars. I came to this realization as one of the ISI F1 2012 cars came flying past me out of nowhere, and I couldn't hear it while it was flying beside me, or continued through the corner after.

I tried a few of the cars to see if they were quiet too with all the same conclusion. I went into audio settings and maxed out the opponent volume, i can hear them - kind of - and only when they're beside me and if i'm not on power - but in no way is the volume remotely loud or accurate enough to be ok. I cannot hear cars around me and due to the mirrors being not the best, staying aware of what's coming up around me is tough. Luckily in VR i can see my sides ok, but i'm tending to be focusing on my line more often than not to stay fully aware of what's coming up behind me.

Has anyone had this symptom and been able to fix it?

Duvel likes this.
  2. oppolo

oppolo Registered

here is the same, any solution? opponent is very quiet and if it overtakes me, i dont hear its sound coming from right or from left, only the same quiet sound

Duvel likes this.
  3. Pales

Pales Registered

New update added "dampening" for sound. Unless the cars are updated, it will remain quiet.

4. oppolo

oppolo Registered

ok, thank you for answer

5. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

Try opponent at 100%. There is dampening but you can hear the other cars a bit

6. oppolo

oppolo Registered

yes already done but it remain too quiet, but other important issue is with karts, they have no mirrors, I cant even know if they are trying to overtake me to the right or to the left

7. Jebstone

Jebstone Registered

All I've found I can do for now is just fiddle with the audio settings, and crank up the opponent, but for the F1 1988 mod where the player engine noise is just insanely loud (even if you lower it) you still won't be able to hear non turbo cars, as they have no sound FX for the turbo that make noise from the engine

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, in some cases it just won't be easy to get a good balance. There's no easy way out when it comes to automatically 'fixing' a lot of existing content when adding a new parameter, and some content will always need to catch up.

That being said, parameter or not, different modders will choose different levels according to their own preference. So some adjustment of the different volume sliders will still be necessary, and in some cases it still might not be ideal for you. This can happen even in games with no third party content, so it's bound to happen here. It's just the nature of the beast.