Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Real GTE's have auto-blip and auto-lift, so it is realistic to have them ingame too. I don't get your point.

If you don't like the pack because it doesn't have the downshift protection, it's simple, don't play it...

But once again, I don't understand why people keep crying for a feature like DSP.

Is it that dificult to downshift a bit slower when braking?

2. racer91

racer91 Registered

If anyone is interested in racing the Endurance Pack GTE cars Monday nights @9PM EST, I've created a summer series.

Full details and sign-up page HERE

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're approaching this from the wrong direction. No one wants DSP to stop them downshifting too fast - I don't think it would be a good way to try and drive quickly, when you hit the shift down and you don't know if it's going to work because you might be too early, so you have to be ready to press it again (probably close to half a second later, having realised the first one didn't work). You can probably learn to drive like this, but I doubt it would be optimal.

Seems to me people want DSP to stop other people from driving unrealistically in order to gain competitive advantage. Others dismiss that and say damage should be done more realistically instead. I say why not have both?

Ultimately people see something that's there in real life and isn't in the sim car, and they want it. And DSP won't affect anyone who doesn't already 'need' it, so there's no damage to be done (pardon the pun). Still, I agree there's no need to get quite so upset about it. It's still just a game.

4. yippssy

yippssy Registered

I don't know if "patient" is the word. It doesn't appears in the roadmaps, and we are near to two years of roadmaps :rolleyes:

Honestly I think that real gear-boxes will never be included, I bought the mod to go in leagues with my friends, we go on with rfactor for years because games as iracing has FFB of Richard Burns Rally, external plugins doesn't fix it (furthermore other features), and AMS doesn't work with VR.

Real gearboxes are massive important in actual racing games.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@yippssy Going OT here so briefly: many things don't appear in the roadmaps, but I wouldn't take it to mean that any not mentioned will never happen (or even happen soon). If they've learnt anything from ISI they should avoid talking about anything they aren't 100% sure about doing, and should probably try to surprise us with things as well. Promising something even for only 3 months and then delivering it, people have 'moved on' mentally probably 2 months ago.

As far as patience, there are basic things we haven't seen since 2012, or 2010 if you want to go back to early talk of rF2. There are enough good things to keep us here (not necessarily exclusively), but still relatively simple things that have never materialised. So I don't talk of patience as something that should be a prerequisite, but something that through experience I've found we do need. Unfortunately dwindling league numbers show that the sort of patience required isn't universal.

ADSTA likes this.
  6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

As soon as somebody mention lack of realistic clutch/driveline modeling, DSP etc in rF2 it is doomed. Most of us know that you can drive rF1 and rF2 totally unrealistic by shifting downwards before it's physically possible to engage the gear(s) and gain lot of time and when I see some defending lack of one of the most important feature(s) by the obvious reason in sim-racing it makes me to laugh.
    Sure we must be patient but when VR weather improvements and other nitpicking updates have higher priority that proper clutch/drivetrain, DSP etc it makes m to wonder. o_O

UsedMomo likes this.
  7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Maybe s397 should be more patient to release cars with features this sim can’t accommodate just yet.

I hope they don’t release a modern f1 car yet until rf2 can simulate the various systems in those cars.

It seems like when they do release proper gearboxes etc,they will either have to go back to all the dlc and update,or just not bother,which both are not optimal for the product

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Is it even on the "to do list" ?

9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I haven’t seen any mention of it,but I haven’t looked for it either,I just assume it is on their to do list

10. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Yes I'm agree.

15€ by GT3, 15€ by Endurance, now Sebring...

Most of rfactor2 users don't came to forum to show disagree, simply they roll to other games. Number of subscribers of GT3 & Endurance Pack is ridiculous.

With VR rfactor2 came up to date, not over other games, real gear-boxes is another feature to be up to date, not to be in advantage with other sims. I would like to see it in roadmaps, then I assume a year to arrive to final release.

With real gearboxes, battles for position at the hardest brake points with GT3 and GTE mods would be safer and a lot more real.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Realistic gearbox was mentioned in one of Marcel's interviews. If I don't remember wrong it was during the Zandvoort presentation.

Ari Antero and DrivingFast like this.
  12. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

im sure ill be driving a sim in old peoples home by then...
    "look grandchildren! granpa blips and brakes with the same foot!" grankids: "you know gradpa, cars dont have a clutch anymore?" me: "but i waited this for so long.."
    (dont have kids atm...)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Ari Antero and Emery like this.
  13. rer8

rer8 Registered

I purchased both the GT3 and Endurance packages. The cars do not show up in the DLC panel. Here is the list for the GT3 cars. I can provide the list for the Endurance cars if needed.
    McLaren 650S GT3 - $2.27 | View in inventory
    Bentley Continental GT3 - $2.27 | View in inventory
    Corvette C7.R - $3.49 | View in inventory
    Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R - $2.27 | View in inventory
    Mercedes AMG GT3 - $2.27 | View in inventory
    Radical RXC Turbo GT3 - $2.27 | View in inventory
    Porsche 911 RSR - $3.49 | View in inventory
    BMW M8 GTE - $3.49 | View in inventory
    Norma M30 LMP3 - $3.49 | View in inventory
    Oreca 07 LMP2 - $3.49 | View in inventory
    It looks like both purchased "Packs" failed to download, and Steam refused to assist in this matter, and referred me to "-397". It's only $28.00, but I would really like to get what I paid for.
    Thanks in advance,
    Randy
    rer8@===.===

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Click on each item View in Inventory then View Workshop Item, then subscribe. Should have happened automatically, Steam must have bugged
    Maybe restart Steam first to see if it'll do it by itself

15. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

The gearbox model is one of weakness of rf2 as well as some physics aspects like track temp not affecting the tyres temp. They should be on the top of the list of improvements even GTR1 was better at those two points in 2003.

Jack7793, patchedupdemon and UsedMomo like this.
  16. Depco

Depco Registered

I don't expect we will ever get a proper gearbox damage model with DSP in rF2. The fact of the matter is that ISI never coded it in and S397 have other issues to attend to so they are unlikely to commit the amount of development resources to creating and implementing this feature. rF2 is a wonderful, if not lacking, improvement of rF1. But ISI did not recreate the wheel or start from the ground up on rF2, it is simply an improved iteration of rF1 with better physics and much better tire simulations (The savior and Bane of the game).

S397 are simply making rF2 what it should have been under ISI. (DX11) The reason it took so long for the DX11 update to come to fruition is because they basically had to re-code the entire graphics engine. To expect them to code into the game an entirely new simulated system at this stage of the game is unrealistic I think. Wait for rF3 or what ever the next great Sim developer comes up with.

If the lack of a realistic transmission/engine damage model is a deal breaker and makes the game so completely unenjoyable then all any person needs to do is go to another game that satisfies that need, but I suspect there will be deficiencies in that Sim as well.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

When Howstron`s was updated few years back in time ISI promised that realistic clutch and gearbox update will soon follow. When clutch and gearbox update was never released there was topics about it where some guys like in post above was stating :"go to another game that satisfies that need" o_O
    Lot of cars has been released after Howston`s which don`t have realistic clutch/driveline modeling. There are also lot of nice development info in s397 home page about BT44 but there is not one single word about clutch. Driving any car in rF2 without realistic transmission /engine damage model and realistic clutch/driveline modeling is a huge deal breaker so simple is that and when there is no heat from community rF2 is going to be what it is today ;)

vittorio and TJones like this.
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think a large number of today's users may never have driven a clutch, nor witnessed the skills required to heel/toe and match revs. And probably most of the cars they are fans of have either sequential gearboxes or paddle shifters.
    I'm not saying those folks are right or wrong, but they just don't have the motivation to yell and scream about something they have very little knowledge of.

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You don`t have to use heel/toe to the most of the old racing cars. Clutch at the start and when you are up shifting, when downshift match revs no clutch :) I would love s397 to update realistic Hewland FG400 gearbox, clutch and engine brake to BT44 and POB to those who likes to race BT44 with paddle sifters and auto clutch :)

20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

When I did take driving license some decades back in the time with Bedford truck and non synchronized gearbox you had to to double clutch, rev match when up-and downshifting:D. I think I am running out of the time.:confused:

Seven Smiles and GrimDad like this.