Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

Ofcourse eventhough I thought it was rather selfexplaining.:rolleyes:
    Meaning: I prefer the same as datboi ("it should be an option in the tuning menu") - to enable/disable.
    Meaning: This enable/disable possibility is probably rather unnessesary because almost all would (probably) just disable it.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Nielsen You didn't explain why you want people to see how it's done in another game. Don't worry about it.

@SPASKIS I don't disagree with anything you say, except that a normal engine hitting 20k RPM (as an example) will very quickly die. Mods rarely make that happen because of the usage/wear balance I've talked about. I'm not saying drivers shouldn't make the most of what they have, or that it should be a switch that stops people pushing limits. More flexibility to make things realistic is what I'm talking about.

SPASKIS likes this.
  3. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

If you ask people to explain what they mean then it would probably be a bit smart to quote them directly so they know which of their posts you are unable to understand.
    My guess is that everybody else than you reading my post are quite able to understand that the use of the artificial word "absolutely phantastico" does indicate something.
    It does indicate that Im being a bit sarcastic because I am able to give a funny example of what can happen when an over-eager sim dev does implement something that in RL does often work OK in a sim(plified) form that makes it absolutely phantastico laughtable (awfull).
    If you still postulate that you dont understand it then my guess is that something else... is at stake for you.:rolleyes:

ORIG POST:

4. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi, just want to write down a few of my thoughts and impression. Due to my somewhat limited time and English it's in list form.
    • Top list of cars, if someone would ask me which cars i would like to see in the pack, i probably would have been chosen the same cars.
    • good amount of very nice livery's, no testdrivers, good performance.
    • With the BMW M8 (i think), windscreen wiper animation doesn't suit to wiped area.
    • I think there should be more difference of volume, between turbo and non turbo cars.
    • Tyre skid sounds seems to be a bit displaced sometimes, and to loud at 100% IMO, i use about 70%.
    • internal sound of the Porsche RSR is pretty good, while i don't like the external much, for me a bit to flat and even.
    • BMW M8 sound surprisingly good, maybe a bit to loud for a turbo engine.
    • Corvette C7r sound is very good in general, i like the hard "klack" while shifting up.
    • Both LMP sounds are very nice, the external sound of the Oreca is mind-blowing.
    • About tyre physics, i still think the cars are a bit easier to handle than the real ones, so the limit seems wider, the GTE's more worse than the LMP's which are pretty impressive in generall. Compared to the GT3 pack, it looks you cant catch heavy slides that easy anymore, which is good. Have to add, all those impressions are very subjective of course, and only compared with onboard videos of the real counterparts.
    • Latest tyre improvements like offroad features are included.
    • Handling characterstic's of the different cars are believable to me, standard setups are fine.
    • Setup options, are closer to the real counterparts than former releases. They implemented traction control and ABS system finally, big *thumb up*! I like the Differential settings of the Norma (ramp angle, clutch plates). But why no engine brake mapping?
    • Dashboards and display functionality is still behind competitors, better than GT3 pack though. Delta time, engine/TC/ABS settings, amount of (longitudinally) slip, more possibilities to show shift lights, different display pages to switch through, just to count a few points that come into my mind. Don't like the rear view monitors much, those symbols supposed to show some car tracking tech. But there's no real functionality. In my opinion, they should implement a proper tracking system, or remove the useless symbols. It's also very blurred, which might be because of performance reasons.
    • Very nice position light system, very good job here.
    In general it's a very good car pack, with far more positive than negative aspects. Just like the GT3 cars it's easy to be hooked up.
    For the given, all in all for a very good price IMO.

Duvel, 2ndLastJedi, sg333 and 4 others like this.
  5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

When Reiza added the DP they also added the gear box damage model, it's fun playing with it, you can make it break instantly after one wrong downshift lol

6. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

That s what Lauda said about driving in Monaco at his time, thousand shifts, one Error BANG out

7. Walker8

Walker8 Registered

Is there a way to have the AI cars have their headlights on even in daytime?

8. MerlinC2000

MerlinC2000 Registered

just one minor issue I have recognized. If you lock your breaks you can see the smoke inside the cabin.

9. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

The ai Porsche seems to be tailhappy, crahing out the most of all the cars. Could use a bit more rear stability

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Apparently this doesn't matter and we should just move on ...... :rolleyes:

11. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I'm not sure who said that or what gave you that impression, but it will be fixed in the first GTE update.

Schpidie and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

It wasn't something that came from S397 but more the comments that came after it was posted about back around post#160 of this thread and i should have said that the community doesn't seem to care but i'm sure S397 will fix this and i apologize for it coming out that you Guys won't fix it :)

13. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

This vid shows the perfect example of the Porsche brake light issues. A white light for brake lights. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

seems like always on ?

15. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

What I see is that the brake lights of the real model light up in sections, while the model of rFactor 2 is a single light.

Captura.PNG

16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Daytime running lights?

17. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

In this model the daytime light is a line at the top of the rear light.

Captura2.PNG

18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

not sure if we speak for same kind of light but i see the red lights always on in a car on the video

19. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

When you have lights turned on and brake instead of brighter red lights you get a white light turning on instead.

20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

breaking lights must always makes a difference to the car position lights