SOLVED Vibrating wheel with S397 Norma M30 and URD Detroit GT

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Flaux, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

So,...anything else? Could it be that the Norma is still on the older tyre model like the Detroit?

Will check back with the GT3 cars and will create a new controller file just to be sure.

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

how Do you assign id0 in windows ten

3. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I beg your pardon?

4. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

If you have multiple controllers connected you will see an other of which I'd preferred controller. If you don't have multiple controller. It won't matter.

5. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

That its an odd one. How is your fps and cpu load? Perhaps try deleting controller and profile and player for game and start a fresh. Or perhaps even try half rate ffb? This is bizzare indeed. Are you running stock track as well or does happen on modded tracks?

6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

- I have multiple controllers but the T300rs is the preferred one.
    - I use vsync and cap my frames to 59.992 or something like that within the player.json. Runs fluid in 90% of the situations (I only do dry daytime races atm...)

I can half the ffb rate as a next step, yeah. The Detroit has a higher ffb power output and on top of that it feels progressive. The C7r for instance is very neutral and linear with the same settings... I will try a bit more later today.

7. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Or you try the most radical solution, but that resolves the majority of situations :

Reinstalling drivers and firmware thrustmaster + total reinstallation of RF2. Do it as cleanly as possible. Use the ccleaner tool to repair registry keys as you go.

If you have a good connection (12 MB / sec), you should reinstall everything cleanly in less than 4 hours (counting the reconfiguration).

With a little luck, your problem will be solved. If this is not the case, anyway RF2 will be cleansed, which is already very good. But this is not a targeted solution.

8. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Well that's something to consider later. Right now I only have a managable problem with 3 or 4 cars. No need to wipe a hole game and spent that much time to only fix the issue eventually when I don't even have a statement from the dev's...

9. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Whats even weirder is you have it only on some cars, there just isn't any logic in this. perhaps delete your Player profile and remove the FPS cap and see if there is a difference. i just find it bizarre. perhaps your wheel is faulty in some way with certain forces generated by some cars it triggers it. but you would surely have this problem in other games then.

ill try to find another friend to try their t300 but jeez 3 out of 3 is fine, the odds are slim.

Btw why are you running Vsync? this created input lag. and perhaps if you PC isnt up to the task it maybe drop to 30fps from 60fps evey now end that. what are your specs btw.

10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Specs are in my user profile. I think for the time being I will just use some ffb smoothing. It gets rid of all the noise and that's why isi added it back then anyway.

I think I have it on all cars it just happens when the base ffb power of a car is higher then on others. Which is logic. I upped the ffb on the 991 this morning and got the same vibrations.

I think/hope/start to believe that is my problem.

11. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

looking at your video card im suprised you even hit 60fps? i guess that's at 1080 so maybe it does i havent gamed at that resolution in long time. but i would be disabling Vsync anyway to get rid of any input lag on your controllers in general. i hope you are running full screen aswell and not windowed..

12. Flaux

Flaux Registered

It runs fine in 1440p. Obviously not with full details and usually only with up to 25 cars.

[​IMG]

Fps after 10 mins of practise with various cars around me. But thats off topic I'd say...

I'll mark it as solved as I believe the mix of no ffb smoothing, 4% min torque and a variation of default ffb values between the cars made these vibrations occure. A lil less detail now but runs fine. Maybe it was over the top before anyway.

A clipping tool is still missed.

Daniel, thank you for all the help and tipps. It was really appreciated!!!

Daniel Surace likes this.