Racing in rain with AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pales, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Pales

Pales Registered

Anything I should be aware of, does it work correctly? I predominately do endurance races offline.

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

not really ;(

3. Pales

Pales Registered

For what reasons? :(

4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

constant pitting for new wet tyres. its weird

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  5. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Completely broken and not even a slight signal that will be fixed some day. They're randomly too fast or too slow and chose the wrong tyre type all the way to the point they go to pit every lap. Disaster

RoboCAT10 and Daniel Surace like this.
  6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This bug was said it would be fixed by then end of last year one year ago.

7. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I dont get it. S397 spent probably hundreds of hours upgrading the weather system. SPECIFICALLY RAIN AND PUDDLES. They were very very proud to announce the build. THIS IS THE BIG ONE GUYS they said. They claim they have one of the best looking sims in rainy conditions in the business. They spent probably also hundreds of hours updating the cars with wipers and raindrops.

Can we race it? No sorry guys... LOL :D

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

If you can point me to a source for that statement? Because afaik there are a couple of issues with the AI that are def. aknowledged by the devs, but I never read a promiss or anything that would give a fixed date.

If you want to race with AI during raining conditions, it might be good to do that with forced setups right now. There is alot more to AI bugs than rainy conditions alone, so I guess there will be a bigger fix at one point or another. It is just a matter of priorities. Do we want to see offline racing fixed first, something that still gives somewhat decent results, or do we want to see the multiplayer fixed, wich is much more of an issue right now?

9. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

I wonder what caused this bug in the first place, i remember racing the AI fine a few years back. Its a bit sad that its broken, RFactor2 does have great AI but they are slowing turning into dumb AI that you cant race, I mean F1 2017 has better AI now imo. Having said that i have faith in S397 that they will eventually get on top of these issues.

RoboCAT10 and peterchen like this.
  10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....es-other-rain-issues.53834/page-6#post-909949
    [​IMG]

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

He did say very rough though...

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

He also said "way before".
    Rough refers precisely to such unspecific timeslots.

13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Maybe 'rough' in Britain means something different. XD

14. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

He didnt say which year...

FAlonso and ECAR_Tracks like this.
  15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Marcel is not from Britain ;)

16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I meant the way we interpret rough is different to the rest of the world. "We'll worry about it tomorrow".

Every day... For six years...

I do it with the washing up.

MarcG likes this.
  17. JParra

JParra Registered

Encontré un problema y voy a los foros oficiales de rFactor 2 donde encuentro mi mismo problema y me da esperanza.
    Incluso veo que hay una respuesta oficial para abordar el problema antes de "fin de año". Hasta que veo que la publicación es de 2017 y el hilo está cerrado.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....g-early-in-wet-races-other-rain-issues.53834/

Obviamente sin el problema resuelto, se abre otro hilo, éste, pero aparentemente sin novedades.

¿Se sabe algo sobre este problema o todavía está atascado en la lista de "tareas pendientes"?

18. 3377

3377 Registered

The way I found to fix the problem is to edit the track with 3dsimed for example. The key is to make sure that each road/kerb material has the _WET suffix at the end of the material, and that the wetmap texture is not empty but actually have a texture.
    For all the required materials if these two points are OK, then the AI won't pit after lap 1 or 2. If they pit, you missed a material while editing your track. Of course edit the track in devmode.

I am working on a personal track pack. This method did work on all tracks

19. JParra

JParra Registered

I understand that it is a problem associated with the tracks and not with the vehicles, right?
    So the tracks that are best done in detail in all their aspects, like the official ones, should go well regardless of the vehicle we use on them.
    Obviously modifying each circuit, especially if you are going to use it online, is not a very practical option and I see a bad solution on the part of the S397 if the circuit creators still do not take care of this detail.

I usually drive online, but in certain races, such as those that involve rain, I prefer to do offline simulations to prepare for the race, because they give me more freedom (I can pause for example).
    The problem comes when the AI does this wrong, that you cannot simulate the real race situation, because in the section of track that goes from the entrance to the pits, the entire finish straight and until the exit of pits, no lane is created dry when it stops raining and slicks impossible to mount.

Can you share your track pack with wet conditions ok? I like to test it for a wets races in my community.

Thanks for answering.

20. 3377

3377 Registered

Absolutely the problem is the track. Not the car

The problem is a fiew tracks, particularly the "old" ones (published before the rain shaders overall was done) were not updated. And I am not talking about the new pbr system...

I finished 2/3 of the tracks on my trackpack. Basically I modify the sponsors in order to have a 90s feeling. I can share some tracks but 2 are not possible because they are conversions from assettocorsa, one of these conversion was converted from automobilista dlc... So it's highly illegal to share this one.
    If it's not bothering you to see marlboro/fosters sponsoring on the track I can share some. The is one track that is wet ready but not "90's style ready" : monaco