[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. Pales

Pales Registered

But I have amended EGT/PX cars before, you just create them as a seperate file and then perform amendments. Unless this file tyle is different now?

ceecee likes this.
  2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

There will be more adjustments. Some will come this week and more later once we get new tires.

3. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Thanks for the answer @Pales
    I have not done this before so would be interested in how.
    But in the meantime URD just answered that they are still working on it so I will be patient.
    (and super curious what other URD GTE cars will be joining their pack ;))

4. Pales

Pales Registered

Thanks for the communication. Just to let you know, the default status of the car uses P10 for wing however, this is not good for AI. They use 180-360 turning in small corners and lose so much time and slide off track. Adjusting it to P0 or P-4 makes the AI a lot faster and they stay on track and maintain good line

I have noticed from all my tests (short circuits and the opposite spectrum (like leman)) that the ford is always fastest. Slight power adjustment required to keep things in line perhaps? :)

5. gunner1483

gunner1483 Registered

Detroit gt is way faster in lap times than the 397s cars.

Pales likes this.
  6. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

No, it's a rfcmp.
    I downloaded again, and that it's same !

7. senormen

senormen Registered

how strange . . . and frustrating for you ! . . . tried finding it in mod manager ?

8. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Created some virtual drives and adjust the tilent files for speed:
    Corvette 100
    Porsche 90
    Bmw 80
    Ford 40

Worked to balace them out at Paul Ricard GT nefore URD will come up with an update. Would help if they correct the pittimes also to match the Endurance Pack of Studio 397

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  9. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Interesting. Could you please explain it? ;)

10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

The paddels are operated hydraulical. So there has to be an air compressor and that's what you hear.

A guy from Ford explained it during the 24H Daytona race earlier this year...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

All this just helps make rF2 more messy and frankly i am starting to understand why rF2 has a smaller userbase than say AC or pC !

12. headder

headder Registered

That's right. I really adore that sound. Both AUDI R8 LMS GT3 and LAMBORGHINI HURACAN GT3, use the same system and you can also hear that on their onboards :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  13. JRoque

JRoque Registered

OMG OMG OMG.... The Ford GT #66!!!!

I am as giddy as a 12 y/o with this car. Been bugging Ales about this car for a while. It is absolutely gorgeous. The farty V6 engine sound, the weird stuttering on shifts, even the vacuum pump for the master cylinder! Ok now, seriously. Who else but Ales@URD is going to give you the freaking vacuum pump that activates when you press the brake pedal??? That is just modding OCD right there.

Not to dis these guys too much but I also bought 397's GT-3 pack. More money, stupid LMP cars (that serve no purpose but to take GT-class cars out of the race and create yellow zones) and engine sounds like you're listening through a straw. I swear someone stepped on a cat and sampled that for the Porsche engine sound. Great cars but come on guys, you can do better in the audio department. Ask Ales!

Now, I'm no Joey Hand but this Ford GT is a beast to manage. I added as much rear wing as it would do and it got a little better. It is very unforgiving going over curbs, wags its tail a lot and you'll think you're driving a skateboard it's so low to the ground. It is a handful to drive and I absolutely love it!

JR
    For Ales: minor cosmetic change needed: #67 and #66 are reversed when you're loading/picking the car. Otherwise, awesome stuff.

PS: You guys are right. The pump noise is for the paddle shift, not a vacuum pump for the brakes as I thought.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  14. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Its nice to have more cars to complement the endurance pack from S397.

But saying that the LMP's are stupid, Porsche sound is not accurate, and things like that is not the best way to describe the awesome content that S397 brought to us with the help of the real teams and brands.

I didn't buy this car yet because I had bad experiences with URD in the past, and I was one of the fierce critics of this company's policy. But now I hope they changed and become more professional with their paid mods.

This car has some things that need improvement in the physics department (URD admitted it and will be releasing an update soon) and it wasn't made with the help of telemetry data as far as I know, like the S397 cars were.

LMP cars were made because they exist in real life and a lot of people like to drive them.

You don't need to bash some guys to praise what you like.

15. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Hey RNeves,

Whoa, bashing? Nah. I'm saying 397's sound is weak, especially when compared to the rest of the car. They did not put any effort into that despite it being so important to the experience. The sound on the *outside* of the car is great but what you hear when driving is terrible.

As for URD, I'm still driving their Viper from a few years back. It is the best car I've driven on rF2, bar none. URD cars have weight to them. You can feel the physics at play. They don't instantly stop or turn as if by magic like others. And the URD sound is just superb. If you get the chance, sit in their Venom and take it for a spin on the Ring.

BTW, I just paid the grand total of $4.81 for the Ford GT. Even if it was a tomato on wheels, I can't really complain much for that amount. Last year, I had one issue with a download email that I hadn't received from URD. I emailed Ales and he replied a few mins later with the download link. Not sure if he knew I had paid for it or not but he quickly fixed the issue for me - an issue that was of my own doing, not his fault.

For the Ford GT, I had offered Ales to seed the development of the car, if not fund all of it. He politely refused my offer and still delivered an awesome car. I appreciate that and will continue supporting URD for as long as they're making great cars.

JR

16. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I played the EGT mod for enogh time to know how good or bad it is.

That mod is now outdated in terms of many technologies that were implemented since then. Mainly in terms of tire model.

About the cars having a feel of weight to it, new cars have way more aerodynamics than the cars from the EGT mod. Rules changed alot since then...

And once more: I prefer to believe in a car that was modeled based on real track telemetry and aproved by brands and teams.

URD can make an awesome complemnt with the Detroit, and I hope they do, but between the Detroit and the cars from S397, of course I believe the cars from S397 are closer to the real deal... They had access to real world data

Sometimes people complain about a car's behaviour and they don't understand the basics of car setups.

Enjoy

17. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Both..the official endurance pack and the Detroit from URD re great cars. I even think they all sound great. Now we just need the Aston and the Ferrari, and a good balance between the cars. Once URD gets acces to ne new tyre data the will even be more balanced out. Adjusting the pitstoptimes can't be that hard so that should be fixed soon. Just had an awsome 6 hour race at LeMans with the ai and for now i balanced the differnt cars out with virtual drives and adjusting the latent files. All we need now for an offline battle is the possibility to adjust the ai per car (BOP). Gonne give myj arms and neck some rest now, good night

JRoque likes this.
  18. Pales

Pales Registered

can you tell me what values you used, i want to do this too :)

19. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Porsche 95
    Corvette 83
    BMW 69
    Ford 41

Depends on circuit, these were the setting for Le mans
    aggresion on 60 for all,

20. Pales

Pales Registered

Is this referring to the "AI EDIT" in game for talent files? Assuming this is for startskill or speed? Thanks for postign btw.