Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I did that, too. The thing is if you want to sell something you make it as convenient and as easy as possible for the customer. Why make it more difficult to find a DLC? If you click on "Find more DLCs for this game" in your Steam library it says there are NO DLCs available. How is that helping S397?
    I'll tell you: NOT AT ALL!

While I'm in the mood, the car selection UI is a bloody mess. I have hundreds of mods and it is a pain in the a$$ to find the cars I just bought. Something needs to be done about that. S397 should force modders to set their categories, like car names, brand etc. by a certain standard.
    Also, if you try to add different cars in the session settings, there are so many cryptic car names you can't possibly know what you're clicking at unless you start the race.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I was just curious to know if it was a result of low detail and/or garage multiplier. If you are on FULL, then it's clearly not related to detail setting :)

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

That's why downshift protection sucks.
    I have never blown an engine in Rfactor 2, save for after the finish line for fun and games.
    So that is an actual advantage over simmers that are too aggressive or inconsistent with their downshifting.
    So no, I would not be happy to have this feature, anymore than I am not happy to have TC and ABS.
    So out in real life they go for safety and reduced costs as well as having to follow the trends of development to not be considered ancient technology.
    We care about none of this in simracing.
    And if in real racing they have to go against the definition of race driving, which is to put the talent of the driver on public display by means of them managing to handle a difficult to drive machine better than the rest, and introduce modern technology that goes against it, well, we don't have to do the same.
    I am all for realism, EVERYONE around here is pro-realism.
    But we should learn to draw a line somewhere, we are not real racing drivers in a real team.
    They have to put up with all the s**** electronics that are slowly but surely pushing motor racing to it's doom, why do we have to do the same.
    So if they introduce auto shifting we will have to do it too because realism.
    I don't see anyone driving the Formula E.
    Why not, it is the future and the future is here.
    Could it be that electric cars suck for racing but they have to do it anyway because of the manufacturers and promoting their products?
    The driver's work should be done by the driver, not electronics.
    They are slowly losing that IRL for reasons well known, we DO NOT have the same problems and considerations in simracing so WHY can't we have the best of both worlds?

David Kolody and mesfigas like this.
  4. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Exactly. I'm thinking of going back to multiple installs like rFactor 1 to reduce the clutter to manageable proportions. Maybe the new UI will have filters?

As for setting standards:
    Code:
    [Component]
    Name=Corvette_C7R_GTE_2017
    Version=1.25
    Type=2
    Author=Mod Team
    Origin=0
    Category=0
    ID=AAA9999
    URL=www.YourModSite.com
    Desc=Your new mod.

(Sorry, my background in software QA is showing ;))

Yesterday I deleted all the empty folders in rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings for the same reason (more than half of 240 folders) but rFactor has created them anew :rolleyes:

5. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Hello again Staff of S397! :)

I notice another issue that is vital to be fixed as soon as possible. To be honest i was really surprised to see that happening to say the least!! :(

You guys need to check the braking system... the rear brakes for some reason don't get the same cooling as the front ones so... in some tracks is a big problem... because the front disk brakes cools down normaly but the rear ones after get hot from the previous brake don't cool down as they should in time... therefore... for the next brake in a relative short straight let's say that the front ones are about 300 and something and cooling down still and the rear ones are still at 400 e a lot ( i get that happening to me for example at Rellbull ring in all the GTEs, they really don't cool down in a normal rate as the front ones!! ) so... on the next hard braking point the rear ones reach close to 570 or even more which gives problems obviously... even using the brake bias a lot to the front to try to compensate... even on that situation a get easily a snap from the rear... depending on the turn because the rear brakes are to hot and lock obviously!! That never should happen!! In real racing if we get very hot disk brakes si always in the front... not on the rear!! Please check that out and fix!! I'm not certain about the LMPs... i didn't check it out!

Just on a note: the URD Detroit GTE car is working normal on that... the rear disk brakes have the "proper opening of air " and cool down how is it supposed to happen!

Cheers.

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that's why I said it was a graphical error, gtx 1070 GRAB_032.JPG

7. stonec

stonec Registered

Because these cars are not sold as DLC, they are sold as in-game items. These are two different things in Steam. Think of DLC more like a pack of cars or tracks and AFAIK Steam had some restrictions on how many DLCs per game you can sell. In-game item means they can sell each car either as a pack or separately, so it's a more flexible system.

Filip likes this.
  8. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

This happens also for other mods, especially if you use open coolers. I thought maybe front gets better airflow and cool down faster, and/or they heat up more so its better to start with lower temp. But actually we need different cooling settings for front/ rear I think. Or adjustment of disc sizes or both

Btw. for the RSR at least the tendency to spin seems to be generally much higher usung soft tires compared to medium tires. Balance for soft tires is off somehow ( my experience) . Minor Bump and off you go

9. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Perhaps this is a dumb question but since I was stupid enought myself to overlook it.... Did you change both front and rear to soft compound? I ran a whole race with soft on front and medium on back tires because they dont sync automatically. I thought the rear was tricky all the race - no wonder :D

Atsuki likes this.
  10. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Yes, I did change both. Valid question however, asked myself allready .

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Don't know about you, but I find there's a rhythm to downshifting, and in AC the downshift protection gets in the way of that rhythm.

Bowm... bowm... BOWM-BOWM-BOWM (Imagine that's a V10 F1 engine)

In AC it's Bowm... Bowm... BOWM-BOWM... .... ... BOWM!

Because you've pulled the paddle four times to get it to get into that last gear and by then you've overshot the corner :p

Sherwin92 likes this.
  12. Filip

Filip Registered

Steam has limitations, stonec explained it.
    S397 also explained it some time ago.
    If you go DLC path or ITEM path there are pros and cons for a developer.
    Btw on a RF2 steam front page there is a section ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR THIS GAME

I completely agree with this part.

13. Filip

Filip Registered

Regarding extreme slip angles I sometimes "feel" that some cars allow extreme slip angles while maintaining too much longitudinal velocity meaning you can slide without loosing too much momentum and time.
    But that is just my feel which can be totally wrong.
    I felt that way for Radical GT3 that you can slide it to much too easily.
    But then I saw this video (min 6:30) and probably it is like that in real car but we don't see that much sliding because real race drivers care about tires.

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

please S397 can you possition the wipers of Oreca7 car to a place that dont block my view when the wipers are off and i dont use them ?
    it really blocks the view
    is it like this standing almost in the middle in real cars ?

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

oh my god

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  16. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

As a workaround you can sort of move it off the center by putting wipers on then off.
    Still stupid these cars with the wiper resting position in the middle of the windshield...

17. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

setting wipers to on and then off still put them on mid

18. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

19. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Yup that is a fact since forever... the air flow is better in the front so it cool down the brake disks in the front... but the rear because the brakes actually are usable much less than the front ones and with the proper opening the rear brake disk cool down normaly as they should at the same rate or time as the front ones, when you reach the next corner to use the brakes they are around between 160 to 230... around that and the rear one a bit less... that is normal... but in this case that isn't happening.. probably because the rear opening duct or something isn't open enough ( i think is a physics ajustment thing and will be fine ).

20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered