Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

This pack is of very high quality and provides some of the best cars you can drive in any sim at the moment.
    All things considered, it's a bit of a miracle it exists and is as good as it is. People take this stuff for granted but it really is not.
    I'm certain the few current issues will be fixed in the next update, so there's no need to obsess over that.
    With this pack and more to come (UI, laser scanned tracks, competitive platform,...) I have no doubt that rF2 will attract new players and has a bright future: S397 has a long term vision on where they want to go and one step at a time, it will get there.

2. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Dont worry! Problems will fixed. I love the pack!

Question about the gte... what is realistic TC and ABS off or on?

3. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

TC on, ABS off :)

muzikant likes this.
  4. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

The problem is that others Sims reach an absurd level of detail, so ppl will always compare.

peterchen and mesfigas like this.
  5. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Turn both off and use only what the car offers with the new feature

ebeninca likes this.
  6. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

This !

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Correct JimmyT.
    I went through and tested the mirrors in the GTE cars and the Porsche is the only one I found that you can't independently move the rearview display screen using: seat movement & left alt+ shift, or left alt + ctrl.

I don't know if it's something on my end but right alt doesn't work with the mirrors.

JimmyT likes this.
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yet a fresh player.json, I've had the same thing in the past and that fixed it so it may help.

JimmyT likes this.
  9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I sort of agree with you to some extend, but sometimes the obvious bugs aren't as obvious as they seem and having more testers doesn't allways equal finding more bugs. From my experience with this sim: if a small missing LED or a small issue like the wiper will put you off completely, then you are propably not part of the target group anyway. When I have to judge this DLC as a whole, it is of very high quality especialy compared to the previous ones. The question will be, how fast the little issues can be fixed. The wiper having the wrong root position while entering the car seems to be a general problem and isn't tied to the cars iirc. So that doesn't reflect the DLC and it's quality necessarily. Might just be nice to get it working for all cars. But to get everything working for 100% is impossible and none of the other competing sims does that. Sure, that shouldn't be the benchmark, but in the grand scheme of things, those issues are minor problems.

Problems that I found so far:
    -buggy wiper position in the LMP2 car as reported before
    -the steering wheel texture of the LMP2 could be more high res as it is infront of the face

patchedupdemon likes this.
  10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I had no mirror movement on any old or new vehicle when I tried to use shift+seat movement.
    Gave myself a fresh player.json and shift+seat now worked but the Porsche still had no rearview adjustment.

JimmyT likes this.
  11. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Sebring is announced. Sorry

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Centre console you mean?

13. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Of course Sebring is.
    But the way you said that make me think a new pack with the others two tracks you mentionned was announced.

14. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

The pack is really a blast. All the cars drive so believable. Great overall feeling.
    Beside the low res cameras, there is one little thing that could be improved. The sound of the Porsche is already great, but there is missing a bit of the filthy rawness in the sound that the real cars has.
    The crackle downshifting sound of the bmw is great. Also the black light in the Porsche is great.
    It would be awsome, if we could have the possibility to manually switch the foglights on and off and have a flashlight function.
    Very well done guys. Thank you for bringing some German cars in my favorite sim :)

muzikant likes this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I always enjoy showing off my ignorance. How do I know I'm choosing the S397 cars and not the Enduroracers or URD or other 3rd party cars? [the Dyson Lolas like to join in when I'm trying to organize a field]. Is there an overall series rfcmp that only loads the new cars?

16. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Urd mod is under Px and egt groups when you select your car.

Studio 397 is probably in the root, like gt3

17. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Technically no, not really.
    It wasn't the centre console that couldn't be adjusted, it was the rear view display panel monitor screen thingy that is housed in the centre console. :cool:

JimmyT likes this.
  18. spaldinio

spaldinio Registered

Moving camera back too far makes the steering wheel motec and LEDs disappear in the Porsche. They stop being rendered a few sim inches from the limit. I was experimenting w/o MV for my triple screens so I was pushing the camera back to its extremity. Not sure if same on other cars but I'll check.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just checked and all Porsche Mirrors are moving for me when I adjust them.

JimmyT likes this.
  20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

according to you, what is the configuration that I should set?I go all FULL