Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Beef36

Beef36 Registered

The Porsche 911 RSR turns my sim rig into a buzzbox above 8,600rpm.

Overall motion power is set to 81% and engine vibration is only at 21 out of 40, yet the camera starts to vibrate as the Porsche's revs approach the red line, even though the camera tripod is floor mounted and detached from sim rig.

Normally my tactile platform is set to be tame & subtle but even at those settings, the Porsche 911 RSR is a beast!

[​IMG]

pkelly and M D Gourley like this.
  2. bwana

bwana Registered

Refering to the wiper range and effective sweep ?. I would have never even noticed that and now will look at it all the time , ( but still not give a toss )

3. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Why is it so hard to make this available in Steam app store? I can't even purchase with PayPal. I need to add funds to my steam wallet so I can buy this? Are you serious? How hard can it be?
    Do you want my money or not?!

Mibrandt likes this.
  4. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Quick question, why do I have ratteling at the center of the wheel with the Norma but not with the Porsche or the C7R for example?

5. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Does the rear mirror / camera in the porsche not adjust angle with ctrl+alt+seat F/B? I can't seem to get it to move in my set up but the BMW does move.
    Anyone else have this problem?

6. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

You don't need ALT, only CTRL+seat afaik

7. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Nothing big,moving on...

Fraggon likes this.
  8. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I used my paypal account to add the funds to the steam wallet,I don’t see the problem

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Don't use the steam Android app. Do it with the browser if you want to use your mobile. At least that was the working option for me.

10. patchedupdemon

While I agree it’s nothing big,things like this shouldn’t slip through the testing faze when it’s a paid dlc,it does nothing good for rf2s reputation.
    While the game will always be a wip,paid dlc shouldn’t be released until 100% finished and bug free imho

2ndLastJedi, peterchen and TOCA2FREAK like this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@patchedupdemon Bugs aren't put there on purpose. It'll be fixed, end of story.

12. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Hello guys from S397 :) first of all BIG BIG Congrats on this Endurance Pack!!! The drivability, handling, behavior, balance on these cars are amazing in my opinion.. Major step forward on those deparments compare for example from the GT3 Pack... this Endurance pack is by far better!! I notice some issues on the LMP2 Oreca 07 car and on the BMW M8 and those are:

LMP2: the mirror quality view is much worse from the rest of the cars and it is with less of the standard view quality on mirrors that rF2 has! ( on the monitor mirror view specially is bad! I'm sure that you guys can improve that!! ). The temps on Oli and Water on the dash on the wheel are inverted... i could compare that by put the right bottom menu of temps and brakes and there for example the oil temp is on the wheel dash the water temp :) . The wheel itself on the side buttons and the Cosworth letters are much worse in quality compare for example with the LMP3 Norma... another thing to get improve.
    On physics i could notice testing with a friend of mine Nuno Pinto that the car as very big slip stream effect... like even from a bit far away we can start to gain a lot if slip stream effect on the car in front... comparing on real onboard videos from this weekends 24h Le mans.. ( real good feedback lol :D ) the car in the sim it really has a lot of slip stream effect... that should be fixed!

BMW M8: the very low quality issues on the mirrors is the same on this car... really bad :( and the same on the Water temp and Oli temp they are wrong on the wheel dash compare to the right bottom menu of brakes and temps.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

bobbie424242 and Fraggon like this.
  13. patchedupdemon

I know they aren’t put there on purpose,and I know it will be fixed,but it’s not the end of the story.

while it’s fine for mods to be released with bugs and have things slip through the testing faze,paid official dlc shouldn’t have these issues.

Which shows there’s something lacking within the testing period,I mean,anyone who tested this in the rain should have noticed this,it’s a blatant issue,not a small obscure hard to detect issue.

Rf2 needs to do all it can to shed its prior reputation of a shoddily put together sim,that’s all I’m pointing at here.

Paid dlc should be a showcase of the changes to the quality control
    Under this new leadership,not a insight to more of the same.

While the physics aspects of dlc will always have updates and issues,the 3D aspect of it should be done and dusted before release

If it’s a case of needing mores testers then they should announce this,or reach out in some way,which is probably the case now that s397 are upping their content output.

I’m not usually critical of s397,but to deny that this type of thing won’t reflect on the outlook people will have and already do have of rf2,isn’t helping either.

I truly think s397s biggest hurdle to overcome is changing the sims community opinions of rf2

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  14. Filip

Filip Registered

15. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

It's a minor bug and these things happen. It is going to be fixed. Move on

pascom, Seven Smiles, coltair and 3 others like this.
  16. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Ze
    [QUOTE = "Fraggon, bericht: 948826, lid: 38197"] Het is een kleine fout en deze dingen gebeuren. Het zal worden opgelost. Verplaats op [/ QUOTE]
    Yepp! Some good things in this pack... wait and see

17. patchedupdemon

Think about the bigger picture not just the now

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  18. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Wat is normaal in het echte leven de tc en de buikspieren af? Of op ... om dit te rijden cars?

19. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

It shows that you have never released a significant piece of software / graphics. You can test all you want, there will always be something that slipped through it. It's only when your release is hammered by hundred or thousands of users that the real test begins and some issues will inevitably be found, even sometimes something that may seem obvious. I don't understand the "I paid for it so i must haz zaroo bug perfection I'm personaly insulted if not" mentality and entitlement. People obsessing loudly on the 0.01% that does not work instead of the rest... What's important is not that there are some (minor) issues but that they are fixed in a timely fashion.

20. patchedupdemon

So you’re happy to hold s397 to the same standard of isi,this software under the previous leadership left a lotto people with a sour taste in their mouths,not holding s397 to a higher standard is part of the problem,and we will be partly to blame if rf2 finally dies a slow death because the general consensus of the product as a whole didn’t change within the community,and therefore didn’t really increase its memebrsbase to any significant degree.

It’s no about entitlement,it’s about having standards on par or better than the competition.

THATS HOW YOU COMPETE

Also this bug I was on about shouldn’t have slipped through as it’s not an obscure one,plus the mirrors and other things.

It was either rushed for the release because of lemans,or they don’t have enough testers.

It’s fine if your happy with content being released with visual bugs,but there are 100s if not 1000s out there that will disagree,again rf2 if we take physics,tyre model and fun out of the equation,has a bad rep,that needs to change if it wants a long future.

that’s one thing about iracing I do actually like,you know 9/10 what they release content wise is solid as a rock visually,I can’t remember a car being released of the few yes I was there that had any visual problems or problems with mirrors etc.

It’s not entitlement to want rf2 to at least match that,it’s called being competitive

Look this is not me thinking of myself and my purchase,I love rf2,graphics don’t do it for me in any game,I’m all about how it’s feels,physics etc,and rf2 is king in this aspect for now.

My opinions point towards the people who have had a sour taste in their mouths from the experience as a whole that rf2 gave them over the previous years.

It’s those people s397 need to impress,not me or you.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018