Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

As far as I know there is no decent dx11 version of Circuit de la Sarthe out there.
    Could explain your issues.

2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's the first thing that came to my mind aswell. How can a Porsche be so tame? That said, it is a mid engined car with a pretty neutral balance and some pretty sophisticated aero, so it is to be expected that the car is easily controllable with the high downforce package and driving aids. With the low downforce package you need to be at the top of your game though. As with the other cars that I tried, going with low downforce into the Porsche curves is something else :D

Regarding your comparison with AC: I am not sure wich version of the car Kunos released, so it might very well be that they released a low downforce version. Many of their endurance cars have LM configuration iirc.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  3. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Didn't someone release a new lemans last month??

I reckon if fired up an old version. I'll check when I get back home.

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Yeah, AC cars that took part in Le Mans are low downforce spec.
    Need to compare THAT specifically, thx for the heads up! :)
    Will report back, tomorrow;)

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Addendum: I tested at VIR. That should be a mid df course. Therefore the rF2 RSR should be more suited there... the AC LM spec RSR still feels better there...
    Will test tomorrow.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Already tried the Porsche. A little bit nervous. Had to lower tire pressures to avoid high speed understeer. Much more planted after the changes.

mesfigas likes this.
  7. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

What is the Porsche then? 991 or 911?

YouTube trailer says 911 website says 911 forum says 991 and in game 991. What is it? Lol

8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

991.2, but still a 911;)

9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I reckon the more buttons the better. I have around 90 that I can map to, this includes 7 rotary encoders and 3 2 way toggle switches on my wheel alone. I would actually like to see Sims implement rotary switch functionality where you may have a 12 position switch that has a different setting at each point and then you can use a separate button to increase or decrease that setting.

10. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

What is it wheel ?

11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Bought the pack. First impressions are that the cars are Really great ! drives well, looks great and sounds AWESOME ! To me sounds are one of the most important areas to get a feeling of the car. Very immersive to almost feel the resonance in the M8 for example ! If I understand correctly Fonsecker is the new Sound guy?

Congrats S397 with this release. I hope you will very soon make it possible to fully enjoy the pack in various conditions and fix the performance in the VR/rain - and the AI pit in rain bug.

12. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this but in the showroom with the Norma the body spins but the wheels stay in one spot. no big deal as it doesn't affect how they drive but does look weird lol
    All the other cars are ok.

Foresight, Michael Borda and bwana like this.
  13. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

have you tried the porsche without TC. which is level 0. seems to kick up a decent amount of wheelspin if your reckless.

Having said that, these cars in this pack are fantastic, the force feedback is second to none. S397 have done a great job. all we need now is to fix the damn rain bug, get some more tracks out. URD to release there GTE mod and we have something pretty damn good right here.

bhendrik, coltair and Mibrandt like this.
  14. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

iRacing allows for rotary switches in the manner you describe. The others, not yet. But boy does it free up your wheel buttons and make VR easier.

You could probably get it working in rF2 with macros though.

F1Aussie likes this.
  15. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

Thank you, this has been corrected in our repository and will be deployed on the next update.

Emery, Atsuki, Slamfunk3 and 7 others like this.
  16. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

No surprises here, it's true that the dashes in the GT3 pack are pretty bad and that they never did absolutely anything about it but it's also true that they offer a quality driving experience, one that puts every other GT3 mod to shame.
    And this GTE mod is also a steal at 15 euros.
    RF2 simmers are a different breed putting more weight behind how the cars drive and always prepared to look the other way on "less important" stuff so I guess for the price one simply cannot miss this one.

patchedupdemon and marmagas like this.
  17. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Just to confirm, pay no attention to these version numbers, they are internal and do not reflect the progress of one car vs the other. :)

ede78, adamfarmer, bwana and 2 others like this.
  18. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Is the seating position of the bmw correct,if try to line the top of the in car wheel with my wheel I can hardly see over the dash,I don’t have this problem with the others

bobbie424242 likes this.
  19. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

I have had some time to test these with some racing. These cars just drive so good. The feel is incredibly. You forget how good RF2 is when the track rubbers up. Lock the brakes and an amazing sensation with flat spots. It truly has such qualities that other Sims simply don't simulate.

I have noticed some bugs in this pack. The porsche on bonnet can U can see through to the road on the engine cover.?

Another one again maybe track depended the AI pit for no reason on a dry track. I have never seen this in dry track before.

20. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Drove the 911 yesterday at Silverstone and loved it!

Finally looks like you nailed the tire model, as the tires don't have the tendency to overheat on the outside anymore.

Just a question though. Are you planning to implement the wheelspin and wheel lock lights like the real cars have?

It would be awesome to have.

Cheers

ebeninca and TOCA2FREAK like this.