Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Please make it possible to BOP the individual cars. At some tracks the BMW is more fast then the Porsche and Corvetta etc etc. When i try to BOP the BMW, the Porsche and Corvette also change. So it’s impossible to balance them out when driving with the ai

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

Bargain for €15, some excellent cars. Can't believe we have 5 licenced endurance cars for that price!!

Riverside, bwana, jayarrbee36 and 2 others like this.
  3. Magus

Magus Registered

You have outdone yourself S397! Some of the best cars in rF2 in terms of looks, physics, and feel. Thank you!

4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Tested the Oreca and the Porsche so far. Though the sound of the Porsche is very nice I still prefer the Oreca for some reason. Also shows that those P2 cars are a handfull to drive, especialy tricky under breaking. Just a shame that we don't have the pink pig skin ... but I guess that's a headsup to the community to get crackin' :D

Also got to say, that the performance is very good. Would be nice to get similar performance with the GT3 cars. Off for some more testing ...

5. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

Superb job !! A must to have ;)

6. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

7. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

There's the plan for tomorrow then!
    Pretty excited to try the S397 Porsche as I have been a fan of the 3rd party cars since starting in RF2 it's what I always campaign in endurance racing.

8. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

The Porsche,the sound !!!!

DrivingFast likes this.
  9. T.Hartmann

T.Hartmann Registered

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    bwana likes this.
  10. bwana

bwana Registered

VR User lm guessing ?

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Home from work, first test runs in the 911 RSR @VIR full course.

I’m completely baffled... I never expected the AC pendant to be far more thrilling and engaging. This rF2 version is blunt and lifeless. It’s as tame as a lap dog. I can’t believe it....
    AND seeing a steering animation bug on the first car I’ve tied is the icing on the cake. Overshooting the inputs at times with no rhyme or reason is really sad to see!
    I expected a lot more, hope the rest of the pack isn’t as bad as the RSR.
    *gosh S397, why*

12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

After a few rum and cokes,I went against my last post as I couldn’t resist and bought the pack.

After a few laps in each here are my thoughts,pls take with a large pinch of salt.

Pros
    The tyres and physics feel the best so far,especially the gte cars,the way they search for grip feels lovely and very communicative.
    They are very precise and reactive to inputs

The sounds of the bmw and Porsche are great both in and out of car. Still think the best sounding car is the Bentley though.

They all feel brilliant on the brakes,you really can modulate the point where it locks,where in iracing you look at the brake and it’s a full lockup

The cons

Seating position of the bmw,I think it was the bmw,to line the top of the incar wheel up with my t300 wheel,I can’t see over the dash,no other car is like this they line up perfectly and give good views.

The sounds of the cr7 and lmp cars,the sound of the corvette both in and out sound poor to me,especially on the down shifts in the outside camera view,like its robotic and missing or the sound cutting out

The gt3 corvette is in 2nd place behind the Bentley for best sounds imho,but the gte car is way off this.

Will be driving these a lot though as they all feel sublime to drive.

Can’t wait for a league which enforces no tc

Over all brilliant job but some cars aren’t on par in certain aspects with others,just like some finishing touches were left unattended

13. patchedupdemon

Did you have the tc off,because with it off they are quite lively when pushing the limit,of on power grip

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

TC at stock 5 settings, for cold tyres are no fun.
    Same settings in AC forces you to be much more aware of what you are doing.

With heated tyres you can always turn TC off in a Porsche if you don’t overjudge your throttle input.
    Same with AC.

But the comparison is way off anyways. That’s what’s baffling me. I always felt the other way around when comparing cars in both sims.

Well, maybe there will be a hot fix.

15. patchedupdemon

The gte cars in iracing are tame compared to the gt3 cars in iracing,the traction control systems from what I understand are more encompassing

Maybe ac has it wrong but who knows we need a video from a gte driver to tell us really

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Addendum: TC aid is set to off, also the ABS aid.
    Only in car TC was used.

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Watching replays gets me even more baffled....
    Did you even take a look at the reflections on metal like liveries, S397?
    All I see is a big muddy mess with no real live appearance whatsoever. All going under in a big blur....
    I bought this pack to support S397s efforts, I hope you use the money wisely.

18. 006

006 Registered

This is a little annoying, hoping it gets fixed at some point. Otherwise enjoying these cars a lot.

bhendrik likes this.
  19. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

I'm LOVING these cars!

I'll do plenty of more testing tomorrow, but I noticed 1 (small) niggle immediately :

The cars visually look the same regardless of aero kit upgrade. Is this a bug, or is this coming? Thanks :)

misi likes this.
  20. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

After being flat out with work for weeks and not playing any RF2 Ive downloaded the pack now just to have a quick look at things.

No chance to drive yet but i hope today i find some time. First initial impression the models seem good. but as someone mentioned above there seems to be an odd issue with the Porsche normals on the rear right body corner, the light hits and you can see odd normal?? this is the same problem the mercedes GT3 suffer. for me i don't really care but this looks like someone with proper 3d skills can fix pretty quick to my understanding. that lacks a bit of polish imo.

I have also noticed and i believe this is probably modders fault or RF2 not standardizing on circuits. these cars look very milky on some mode tracks i think was Lemans? the new one that someone released? perhaps i fired up an older version without realizing. ill have to recheck. But how is it possible for cars to look fantastic on one track then go to another track and they look rubbish with milky reflections, does this happen to do with REF mapper ??? this is a major issue that annoys me with some 3rd party tracks, a car should look the same anywhere. I do hope im mistaken and the was an old outdated circuit but really this needs to be locked and standardized to avoid ever having the issue.

other then that i'm really looking forward to testing thees cars out on track! this is a great release!'

2ndLastJedi likes this.