Latest Roadmap Update - May 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 31, 2018.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

This this and more this

Iracing have just released a cool video showcasing their new upgraded grass and particles,I’m usually salty about iracing but this video showcases this new feature brilliantly

felirrari likes this.
  2. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

GT3 Endurance and Sprint, 40 cars is normal today.

In Endurances like 24 hours of nurburgring, you can get a max of 60 cars, i raced this year in a grid of 52.

3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

People allways make comparisons, it's pretty much the most natural thing to do. But it allways leads to the same result, wich is people having completely unrealsitic expectations. Sure project cars looks alot nicer, but the development of that engine was backed by big publishers like EA and now Bandai Namco. That's a completely different league when we are talking budgets for game development.

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

So I have bad news.

Based on an information directly from S397, apart from improved rain VR, there will not be improvement in performance.
    Or very minor things.

This information dates from two days ago.

So one thing to do : find a large amount of money. That cheers me up in advance ............

5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

That's what i was saying about particle system

6. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

So, the risk of competition infrastructure being born dead is high.

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

What’s the source for this info

8. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Registered

Well, i think studio-397 is working hard here and there (Roadmaps) - and then you come up with a statement like an insider who knows what they are doing - can you at least give a source for that?

Otherwise it is pointless to post that kind of things - because it is "pointless" and plenty of "pointless things which are being created out of nothing" - but anyway.

I'm sorry for the rant - but i hate absolutely the negativity around every forum when everyone is looking into their crystal ball to tell their truth and try to sell that for the reality.

Let the Devs (here and there) do the work they have to do.

Greets
    Jo

Daniele Vidimari, fsuarez79 and MarcG like this.
  9. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

This looks really cheesy. iRacing the lawn mower simulator ?

10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Calm down guys, I bring factual information.

I did not mention the source so as not to embarrass the S397 staff person who told me that.

SOURCE = PERSONAL MESSAGE FOLLOWING A REQUEST.

It is not a question of being negative but rather of being factual : you want to be able to use RF2 in good conditions ?

If this is not the case, save money and plan to buy a really powerful computer.

Just factual information, no need to worry.

11. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

You are taking a personal question completely out of context here, asking me in private if you can expect your "aging PC" to run rFactor 2 much faster than it currently can. I did not tell you there are not going to be any performance improvements beside the "rain in VR". I told you that "rain in VR" is the only one we have planned in the short term. I also told you that I expect further performance improvements will probably give bigger gains on more modern hardware, compared to your very old hardware.

So you are not being factual here at all, but twisting words to try to make a point, and probably mostly embarrassing yourself.

Dookie, Sherwin92, Bogdy and 26 others like this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

If you could squeeze even more performances out of my potato you should be called a magician. ;):)

13. Paulo Silva

Paulo Silva Registered

Every month the same thing, complaining everywhere, it is clear that less powerful machines have suffered with the fps, we all already know and want improvements and we want, for yesterday, but things do not work that way. I support the S397 in what it does and I have faith in the simulator, but I also want improvements because I paid for the game and paid for all DLC released even if I do not use it to support it. (judge me for it), but what really matters to me is to play, to stay 2 hours configuring the car to train for qualifying, warmup and race to get in position 19 out of 20 that makes me happy, thank you S397 if it were not you guys nor would we have discussions here.
    Sorry for the English, because it's not my native language.

14. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Had to show ignored content to find out what the fuzz was about. dabadabadoo or drivingfast or w/e didn't disappoint.

"So you are not being factual here at all, but twisting words to try to make a point, and probably mostly embarrassing yourself."

Ohh don't worry Marcel, we've gotten used to it (sadly). This guy has been embarrassing himself since day one.

Guimengo likes this.
  15. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

We all know Rfactor2 performance is not as good as other games, but it also does things other games cant do. However, really people need to stop this comparison from other games and jeez the specs of some peoples computers belong in the past. some people need to bite the bullet and spend money to upgrade.

Badboy likes this.
  16. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Just a last sentence and I will not talk about it anymore :

I read the personal message again, and I know what is written.

It's crystal clear.

So let's change the subject since no one will read this message, and therefore no one will be able to judge the content.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

When people stop complaining that’s the time to be worried

Big thanks for the roadmap & keep up the good work

18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

a ryzen 5 1600 computer can give very good fps

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I’m still on sandy bridge 2600k
    Watercooled 5ghz rock solid stable brill cpu

Thinking of moving to coffee lake but not sure if I’ll see much gains

I think the next gen if intel CPUs are delayed until next year

( 1080ti gpu , 100% VR )

20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

There is a real improvement in CPU usage since the performance update. Very appreciable.
    My i5 2500K not OC allows to use 49 AI on Atlanta MP without any lag, really none (rain, sunset, timescale X2).

What seems to be a big problem is my non-OC GTX 780 graphics card, and apparently the excessive poor performance of the PCIe X16 2.0 port is still present in 1110 (information from a user who has done specific tests and whom I trust).

Because of this poorly optimized PCIe port problem, I'm wondering if I would have real gains in buying a better GPU without buying a new PC.