Honda Civic BTCC v1.99

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jayarrbee36, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I made some laps now, and i was thinking about the video that @SPASKIS posted yesterday, the one about torque steer. So i turned off TC and auto clutch and i tried to launch the car without hold the steering wheel. Fun thing is that the car torque steers always to the left!
    I'd like to know why :) (not saying is an issue or a bug).

2. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Ah one more thing regarding the car's physics - it has the latest contact patch model (that uses point based acceleration QSA fix) - at least for medium tires. In general this should lead to more grip at high speed and high load.

3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I wonder if strong torque steering feeling on my G27, is just because I may get clipping (or at least close to max torque) despite lowering FFB multi? If it's so, then I expect on DD wheels, other FFB effects would be even stronger and "overwhelm" steering torque forces.

However I still wonder why I didn't encounter such strong torque steering feeling on other FWD cars. Of course I didn't test every car in all sims but for instance AC has a mod :
    http://assettocorsa.club/mods/auto/btcc-t7r-mod-pack.html
    and I didn't feel steering force on any of these cars (it includes Honda Civic Type R). I know it's not a good example because it's random mod and it's quality isn't close to rF2's. Plus someone said that i.e. in AMS the Civic has similar FFB to rF2's ( but not as strong torque steering effect).

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Being encrypted it is not possible to create an upgrade with all available tires.
    Several drivers in our league are having serious issues to complete the race with two sets of medium tires.

We are afraid of losing people for this reason
    Can the vehicle be updated to include an upgrade to include all available tires?

BTCC specific rules shouldn't be limiting simulation.

Thanks in advance

5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

fwd cars ffb should feel more like AMS tbh.

6. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Came here because I was finding the FFB/handling a bit weird on my G27 for the reasons mentioned in this thread.
    But I must say that after reducing the FFB multiplier and enabling full traction control as suggested, the car felt a lot better and I'm
    really enjoying it. It is really challenging to drive fast but in a good way. So what's the consensus on this car now ?

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

bah i wish i knew what cars need to have traction on and what cars need to have traction off
    i always thought that traction control is for the noobas but i m completely wrong cause the real cars at real races use this
    and not only this but ABS for brakes
    noob thunder strikes again.

David Kolody likes this.
  8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I received no answer to the above so I made a test with one idea...

I tried using an older TBC file from a previous version which I edited to include the hard tires.

However and despite in the garage I could now select any compound the game would crash after hitting race button.

My understanding is that the name of the tgm files has changed from last to present version of the car.

Would it be possible to have the name of the tgm files of all existing compounds (soft, medium, hard and wet)?
    @Marcel Offermans @Christopher Elliott
    @Michael Borda.

In general if we could have the list of the files within an encrypted mas file we could be able to modify parameters via upgrades. This would be useful to adjust fuel tank, pit times,.. to adjust the strategy to the race time used in competition.

9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

does this touring car use TRC and ABS in real life?

10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Googling around it seems they are not allowed in the BTCC. But you can always pretend you are driving the Honda Civic BTCC not in a BTCC competition. Which would be automatically the case if not running on a BTCC official circuit.

11. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

SPASKIS likes this.
  12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks for the tip Michael.
    I already got it working. One question though...

Are both front and rear wheels the same now? In older versions they were in separate files.
    Am I changing anything by using the same tgm for both front and rear tires?
    Thanks in advance

Proposed new TGM files (one tgm per compound)
    upload_2018-6-10_14-32-13.png
    Old TGM files (two tgm files per compund)
    upload_2018-6-10_14-30-24.png

13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

By the way...
    Beware that this solution is completely exceptional. Take into account to always include an option (upgrade) with all available compounds or leave the TBC and upgrade files within the teams unencrypted mas file. If I am not wrong most of its info is not relevant to be encrypted and helps us leagues a lot.

Thanks in advance once again

14. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

Yes, front and rear are the same, a leisure that the newer GroundConductance= had enabled us (without contact pressure sensitivity, we used to be unable to match temperature balance front to rear).

And yes, we'll try to be more accomodating, that's actually what I meant when I said:

ApainPlost and SPASKIS like this.
  15. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

If I remember correctly this car uses CPM v2 tires, but not sure which compound, medium?
    Was the physics tuned to match real handling and lap times.?

16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Front wheel drive cars have unequal length halfshafts because there is no driveshaft going to the rear wheels and everything has to fit into the engine bay. If the half shaft is shorter on the left than on the right torque steer will take the car to the left; usually becuase the transmission is to the left of the engine as opposed to being behind the engine as it is in RWD.

torque.jpg

17. john brandow

john brandow Registered

Are the left side tire pressure reading backwards on this car? Everything I do to get more heat on the inside seems to make it worse.
    First I increased pressures. then increased camber then decreased body roll. All seem to make it worse which is leading me to believe that the inside/mid/outside temp readings are displaying backwards on the left side only.