[WIP] Aussie Legends

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Nibiru, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I don't use VR but we have a few guys in our group that do and I understand VR needs the detail. That's probably the main culprit for the higher fps. I try to keep the detail for VR.

C. Banger likes this.
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I have no idea how or what to optimise , i just need to keep AA x4 and have it so textures and liveries look clear with a bit of SS .
    I don't like when I drive next to a nicely skinned car but can't tell because Textures are too blurry .
    I have 19 Ai with 15 visable but have never tries the 45 detail limit in options .

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Sorry Nib, one last hijack but with a happy end. ;)
    So if you remember last time we saw poor #76 Mr Baguley, there was definitely no happy ending.
    76 cropped.jpg

Well I found out on Sunday it seems you can't keep a good Baguley down.
    Only a DNA test can tell us if this is the "little Aussie battler" who may have had his last battle or a "Fine Cotton ring-in" Group Nc style.
    76 new cropped.jpg

papaosa, C. Banger, GrimDad and 3 others like this.
  4. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

I think as long as you have 'Opponent Details' and 'Texture Details' set to Full - that's as good as you'll get it. SS helps too - but the higher you go you get diminishing returns. You need to find the right balance between visual sharpness vs performance.

I use the Auto Detail FPS function because otherwise it will dip under 45 which is an unpleasant experience. The highest I can set it is 60 - I think because I have 60FPS monitor. I'm not sure, but If you have a 90+FPS monitor, you can try to set it to 90 FPS.

Have you tried running benchmarking stats while mirroring the HMD? That will tell you in real time your FPS and how much of your CPU, GPU, VRAM is being used - and hopefully identify where the bottleneck is. I see you've posted on the VR advice thread. If they can't help you I'm not sure I can offer any other suggestions.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Unfortunately its GPU limited atm :( as i've done hours upon hours of testing and tweaking and am finally at a loss and just about to give up !

6. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

Damn!!! I wish I had your set-up and problem :p. Your GPU has 3x the power of mine, and your CPU 1.5x.. I find it hard to believe you can't find acceptable performance.

At least you know you're pushing the GPU too hard - should simply be a case of lowering some settings until you find the right balance to keep a solid 90 FPS. I'm wondering if your expectations are too high? The Rift is quite limited as a 1st gen product. Have you played another sim with performance you're happy with and you're trying to get the same result in rF2?

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yeah maybe I'm expecting too much from rF2 but I wouldn't have thought being able to run it with lots of Low and Medium was asking too much .
    Yes I do run other Sim with a lot higher settings but i dont really care about that because I just want to run rF2 at settings that take advantage of visual improvements made by S397 and not run it with flat dull track and car details textures :(

C. Banger likes this.
  8. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

How hard is it get a model in game? I paid a lot for this, hi and low poly version. It is very accurate and would not take much to get it up to XE spec either, ie Greens Tuf.

Downside there is no interior.

Dick_Johnson_XD_Falcon_03.jpg 17.JPG

9. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Not that hard BUT you need an interior.!!!

10. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

If you want me to get the car materials set and in dev send me what you have.
    As long as there is a dash seat wheel and gear shifter ...oh and roll cage it should be fine for the interior.

2ndLastJedi and GrimDad like this.
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

If there is none of what you mentioned does that mean there's no hope of is it a matter of someone (me) searching for pictures for someone to make ? I don't have the foggiest interflugal about modding but would love this and any other cars similar vintage and would like to help wherever possible :)

12. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

The dash is the hardest part so if it's there already thats a bonus . I can easily add a seat steering wheel make a roll cage etc. That era was the real start of stripping back any extra weight. So the cars had nothing inside them except for what was needed.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  13. Corti

Corti Registered

14. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

I've been watching some TC Masters videos at Bathurst. There are a couple of Falcons in this race. At 5.25 is close up of the red one. Not sure what model year they are - just that they're Falcon XDs - or Granadas as they were known in UK. Also funny seeing a Ford Capri racing with genuine muscle cars.

Nibiru and David Kolody like this.
  15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Nibiru and pkelly like this.
  16. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

17. Corti

Corti Registered

18. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

If a bunch of us put some money to this we could buy the interior. Setup a Gofundme page and I would contribute $USD50. And thank you, Mike, for your contribution already

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Okay i think i understand a bit better now , i thought these were diecast models , lol , im a bit doppy :oops: . Wow this is pretty cool looking through the options and cars available and the $ is an eye opener . Who buys these models and how do you go from this model to drivable in rF2 ?

20. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

You would ask for the file format that suits the 3d program you use.
    3dsmax would be the choice 2012 compatible. You then set up gmaterials etc and export.
    Then play with making the physics.

Not a quick job for most

2ndLastJedi likes this.