[WIP] Aussie Legends

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Nibiru, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

[​IMG]
    The real one

Nibiru likes this.
  2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The wheels look bigger but that may be the fact the chassis has a more dramatic curvature inward, as it goes from the windows to the floor. The rear had a steeper angle and the bonnet is a bit thicker with again a more dramatic angle for the "trident" nose.

Never have I used the word dramatic so often when describing a car :p.

3. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

More of it [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Corti likes this.
  4. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Registered

Hi Nibiru. Race Department are hosting a race of this great mod on Thursday 31/05. We'll be using the HQ, Charger and the XA Falcons. How have the XFactors races gone with these? Are these 3 in the same bracket performance wise? I tried the Monaro on the XFactor server @ Palm Beach and had major tyre wear - extreme tyre temps and flatspots after only two laps. I guess running less brake pressure and being super gentle on the outlap will help, but how did you guys find it?

Nibiru likes this.
  5. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Tyres are on the same settings that we have for every round. 15min races with the tyres on 3x, you'll still have 50% left at the end of the race.
    As for performance, well that really depends on the driver, but the cars are fairly close.
    You could throw the XY in there as well, it's the same class as the XAs.

SS

Nibiru likes this.
  6. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I really can't add much more to what @SmellySkidmark said.
    If your using latest version then the physics have been tweaked and 2 tiers have been created. Each tier the cars have been brought closer together in over all lap time (Bathurst was the test) but keeping the indivdual feel of each car.
    Tier 1
    Torana
    XB
    XC
    Z28

Tier2
    Charger
    HQ
    XA (both)
    XY

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  7. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Registered

Had a great race with these on RD last Thursday at road Atlanta. Most of the 16 drivers were from Europe and weren't too familiar with these cars in an historical sense. But, the common opinion after the races was "Holy F###, these cars rule!" The noise, the handling, the fat arsed weight, the sheer joy of chucking these beasts around. if only the AM radios could pick up some stone cold classic rock it would be perfect. Cheers for all your work on these.
    We are having another race next Thursday with the tier 1 cars.

whiskeyjack, ADSTA, Nibiru and 2 others like this.
  8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Until the beasts bite :(
    IMGP5445cropped_resized.jpg

You don't see too many Fords in as good nick as this near showroom condition one. ;)
    Falcon wreck resized.jpg

Nibiru and SmellySkidmark like this.
  9. SmellySkidmark

Oh man that looks horrible, what an devastating way to see you pride and joy.
    Breaks my heart to see those Torana's like that.
    Oh and the Falcon.
    Great pix from Morgan Park?

SS

10. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

It was nice to see RD using the mod.
    @Obbzy_XR_ has done a great job bring the car tiers closer but keeping the cars individual feel. It makes for some close fun racing.
    Please let me know if you find any issues.

whiskeyjack and ADSTA like this.
  11. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

From the RD races on Thursday. Thank you for this awesome mod - the cars are a real hoot to race. I'm one the Europeans who don't know much about the history of these cars. The Holden was the popular choice but I chose the Falcon because it's red and I like the interior!

The only thing of note is the light reflection off the dial binnacles on the dashboard. It's a bit glaring when it suddenly appears (see at the bottom of the hill towards the end of the lap). This maybe because I was had the graphic settings turned down? Also someone noticed the wipers aren't fully down by default, but if you turn them on and off they go fully down (race 2). Not sure if that's a bug or intentional? Cheers!

12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Both pics at Lakeside.
    I didn't take them and I wasn't there but I have seen those very cars racing plenty of times.
    4 Toranas involved. #8 & 76 went off together and, from what I can gather from other pics, momentum bounced them off the armco or they slid on the grass and straight back on the track into the path of two other Toranas. :(

I only have the one pic of the Ford. No knowledge of the incident except it happened just behind where the Torana accident was.
    The armco in the Ford pic is the same armco. The yellow building is just out of picture in the Torana pic.
    It must have been a nasty roll over looking at the roof damage.

Even though I am a Holden man, I hate to see any classic car in that state.

Sorry Nibs about the detour.:oops:
    Awesome to see RD using AL. :cool:

edit: The bastardos took the pedestrian bridge down too. Now we have to walk through a tunnel.
    One good thing is the cars drive through it as well and test the acoustics. :D

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks @Nibiru for fixing the shadows I mentioned :)
    Is there any optimisation that can happen to these cars ?
    I can't get VR and these cars to run at all even on stock tracks :( I have a decent rig but VR struggles pretty hard with these (well rF2 in general but these especially) .

14. SmellySkidmark

@2ndLastJedi the Video above is in VR.
    Don't have it myself.

SS

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

He says in the comments that settings are turned down but still gets dips ! I reckon its running at 45 with ASW a bit which is pretty hard to deal with for me , I really need to have 90 mostly hence the 1080ti but it still struggles :(

16. SmellySkidmark

Can you run lower graffix to get better frames, does that werk with VR? Shadows and such.
    I'm just running a gtx980 on a 34" wide screen, looks good.

SS

17. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I am trying to get higher frames but mainly for lower spec PCs. I have 4 lod cars which are basically on the limit.
    I'll see if I can squeeze a bit more.

C. Banger and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  18. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

I have a VR-minimum rig - i7-4770 / GTX 970 / 8GB.. I turned just about everything to lowest settings - Circuit/Player/Opponent/Texture Detail (All Low), Texture (Bi), Shadows (Low), Shadow Blur (Fast), Special Effects/Soft Particles/Road Reflection/Enviro Reflection (All Off).. Post-Processing (Off), Anti-aliasing (2) - any lower there's too much jaggies.. I set the Auto Detail FPS to 45 so it never dips below and ASW could do it's thing - that's why you see cars disappearing or with missing wheels and body parts at the start.

I left the FPS counter on the top-right of the video. It dips to 45 when there's a lot of cars around then goes to 90 when the track clears up - but there are some parts of the track where it dips regardless. It's not the best VR experience, but for me it has to do unless I upgrade hardware.

I also had Teamspeak, Crew Chief, STEAM and Shadowplay recording which uses up CPU resources. Some effects like Shadows and Reflections use a lot of CPU power. If you have everything maxxed out and/or running other apps, I'm wondering if it's your CPU that's struggling to keep up? Selecting 'Aggressive Threading' might help.

Nibiru likes this.
  19. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thanks your talking about the glass over the dash dials?
    I'm aware of the wipers and have a fix for it.

makan, C. Banger and ApainPlost like this.
  20. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

Yes. The light reflection off the glass instantly appears - which is a bit distracting.

Further to my above post about running VR at low settings - these cars still look good on lowest detail. Even the dashboard details still look good and everything's readable. I've driven other cars on these settings and they look really rough. If you're going to do a lower lod for improved performance, hopefully you don't lose too much detail. Cheers!

Nibiru likes this.