Released Introducing KartSim!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

KartSim Latest Updates 24-05-2018
    KS PFI v1.11
    - Fixed false cut detection

2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I discovered this circuit on youtube, I find it super original !

Besides, I notice that I am not at all disoriented compared to KARTSIM seeing this video Onboard POV !

chisco85 likes this.
  3. Comante

Comante Registered

Finally bought these karts : I simply love them, the feeling is very convincing, racing is fun, until now I tried only two or the tracks, and one of the karts, there is a lot of racing ahead to master these little karts. What I like more is that they are perfect for some quick racing : little need to make setups, just some tweaks, and you're good to go. My recommendation, at least for G27 owner is to raise minimum forces quite a bit ( 7 8 %) because a lot of FFB stuff happens with the wheel straight, and you need to feel it, because often you are wheel straight but in the middle of a turn, differently to larger vehicles.

chisco85 likes this.
  4. ramiboo

ramiboo Registered

Hey peoples...

when are we expecting to see some new tracks for KartSim? I was kinda holding some hope for Whilton Mill this year as there were photos of it back in 2017 :)

Keep up the good work

chisco85 likes this.
  5. ramiboo

ramiboo Registered

Ah ok, sorry missed that. :(

6. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

A professional says it's not very realistic anyway.

chisco85 likes this.
  7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

“I have not driven this particular kart in rl “
    Well that’s a good way to start to video off if your looking to see if it’s realistic

I’m not saying it is realistic, but hey

8. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

He's driven many types of karts, including similar ones to the ones in the video. If you actually watch more than a minute you see that his assessment is that they are far more twitchy than any real kart he's used across many years of experience.

chisco85 likes this.
  9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I’ve driven loads to karts too
    & think kartsim is fantastic

My motion setup helps a little bit with feeling quick jerk movements of the kart

chisco85 likes this.
  10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Will Kartsim ever get an update?

chisco85 likes this.
  11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I’ve driven many types of cars, but no one would take my word if I said Hamilton’s f1 car drove like crap

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would mate, honest :D

I think karts especially, but in general fast open-wheelers more than other cars, will always be difficult to 'feel' properly unless you start doing some sort of motion rig (or seat) setup. And still the cues will be different to real life so will require some adaptation. And it's still not real life, so it won't quite be there.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  13. chisco85

chisco85 Registered

[QUOTE = "Christopher Elliott, post: 945269, miembro: 4"] Últimas actualizaciones de KartSim 15-05-2018
    Buckmore 2018 v1.05
    Glan Y Gors v1.15
    KS PFI v1.09

Registro de cambios
    • Reemplazó a los oficiales de salida de Pit con Pit Exit Lights en todas las pistas
    • Cambio de publicidad en PFI, Glan y Gors.
    • Pista de corte revisada en Buckmore y PFI
    • Corredores ajustados en pit lane en GyG
    • Estimación del uso de combustible ajustado en PFI
    • Se cambió la selección de clima predeterminada para que todas las pistas tengan opciones más realistas.
    [/CITAR]
    Hello friend for when an update, I mean, you have thought about menter more circuits and karts?

DrivingFast likes this.
  14. chisco85

chisco85 Registered

Hello friends, well, these go-karts are good at physical and good sensations are conducive perfect, the only thing to have if they make a new pack soon and we can enjoy more circuits and karts
    And if they put more powerful go karts or with marches greetings

ekki and marvelharvey like this.
  15. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

1. My curiosity was too strong!
    2. I have just bought this package and I am excited! Really a cool package S397. Hopefully more will come of it. Perfect for a few laps after work. Did I say more from this stuff..
    3. In combination with Formula Vee the perfect Sim Racing school Simulation.

Travis, pkelly, marvelharvey and 2 others like this.
  16. Travis

Travis Registered

I'd love more of everything from KartSim too!

The full package on the KartSim (https://www.kart-sim.com/products/kartsim-pro-software) is far too expensive for me and is really meant for the professional however 3-6 more tracks and a few more karts would be nice in another DLC pack.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    ekki, marvelharvey and chisco85 like this.
  17. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I haven't picked this up yet, I've been thinking about it for a while now but it doesn't appear to be getting any update or content love. I'm enjoying KartKraft way more than I thought I would, is KartSim comparable?

chisco85 likes this.
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I can not give you a comparison. That's what I can say, for 10 euros there are 3 laser scan tracks and a huge amount of fun. Priceless. And the more members buy it, the sooner there will be supplies ..

t0p5ecret and chisco85 like this.
  19. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

i wanna learn the difference between this and kartkraft too.

t0p5ecret and chisco85 like this.
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think it depends what you're looking for. If you google around (as I just did, for 10 minutes) you'll find people liking one or the other more, but when they elaborate on what they feel is or isn't right about either of them it seems to be delving into handling nuances that are very difficult for a game to do properly - because the driver weight is so large in comparison to the car weight. Only a bike would be more difficult to simulate in a game.

rF2 obviously has very good base physics, so it shouldn't be any sort of disappointment there, but KK probably needn't have quite as sophisticated physics because it's a one make (?) game. That makes it much easier to tune things if they aren't quite right.

It may come down more to gameplay features, rF2 is pretty raw there, can't comment on KK. Or just get both when on sale, and enjoy both for what they are.

pkelly and chisco85 like this.