CS-closed Hotlap Competition - KartSim

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotlap Competition - KartSim at PFI
    Get your hotlap boots on, time to dust off the wheel to prove you are the fastest, or simply just beat your friends into submission!
    kartsim.png
    Take the X30 Senior kart onto the great track of PFI!

The winner of this competition will get:
    • A KartSim PRO package (worth: £480 incl vat).
    • An invitation to join the remaining rounds of the SuperOne British eSport Championship
    Instructions on Joining:
    STEP 1
    Make sure you are subscribed to and have installed the following content from the Steam Workshop:
    KartSim Pack: rFactor 2 on Steam

STEP 2
    To enter go to our competition page rFactor2, make sure you login to Steam, fill in all your details, and subscribe to the session!

STEP 3
    Click on 'Join Session'
    [​IMG]

STEP 4
    Important - Check your desktop back ground for the Steam pop up!
    [​IMG]

STEP 5
    Click OK and you're in!

Please note that if it takes more than 3 minutes to load the track the first time you enter, it will fail - you will then have to reconnect.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2018
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

great event cheers

Darn it I’m a tad slow

Is anyone changing the stock setup other than gear & fuel ?

3. Slwomir

Slwomir Registered

I have connection failed message every time I try to connect

4. Quic Vic

Quic Vic Registered

I can't download the correct version of PFI, when I try to join the competition I get an incorrect link message when it tries to download the correct version.

5. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I get to step 5 and then once rf2 is open I get a download fail with error saying "check content URLs for validity". Looks like I can't play :(

Edit: No it looks like it hadn't auto updated so I unsubscribed and re subscribed and now it has the latest version I should be good to go.

I just wonder why the paid content doesn't auto update intermittently? I have had this problem on occasions with the GT3s as well.
    Sheesh, I just want to get in and have a drive, WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT??
    It will have to wait another day. :( slow internet means waiting 35 minutes to download a 262mb file.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  6. How long does it take for you to enter?
    I mean from you click join and steam opens and until you are on track.

The download from server is not enabled, the PFI should be in store and be updated when it is released. Can you check if you have any vmods installed which is linked to the version of PFI you have?

As mentioned above, the files are not shared from the server, i have not been able to reproduce the issue, but at least its something i will put forward, still i have not been able to reproduce any of these "not up-to-date" issues.
    Can you remember what versions you had? and did you have any vmod installed which was linked to them?

7. Quic Vic

Quic Vic Registered

I don't think I have anything linked to PFI except the Kart sim, I just checked my version of PFI and it's 1.01, but the hot lap is looking for 1.09.

8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

No vmods and as Quic Vic said mine was version 1.01, I unsubscribed from Kartsim, shut down steam, restarted steam and resubscribed to Kartsim and it updated the version to 1.09 and I have joined and posted a time. I have had to do the same thing with the GT3 pack on occasions as well.
    @Quic Vic if you follow the method above you should get the update and then be able to join the server and have a crack. ;)

Quic Vic likes this.
  9. Quic Vic

Quic Vic Registered

Ok, maybe because it's early in the morning, but where/how do I unsubscribe? In the store it just asks if I want to buy it, and it doesn't appear in the workshop.

10. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

In steam you mouse over your name then select inventory, then click on the track icon and then select "view Workshop Item" this will take you to the workshop for the PFI track. Then you unsubscribe, close out of steam, wait a minute then re-open steam and go through all that again only this time re-subscribe. It will download the new version of the track. EASY :confused:

11. Quic Vic

Quic Vic Registered

Got it working! Now to turn some laps, thanks JimmyT!

JimmyT likes this.
  12. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Alas, I'm not very fast :oops:

13. As you might could have guessed the competition servers are updated ;)

Christopher Elliott likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.