Moving virtual mirrors

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by hardtohandle, May 22, 2018.

1. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Hi guys, one issue I have with the new build is the delta timer - it slaps it right in the bottom half of my central virtual mirror. Which is horrible when you looking in mirror in a race.

So I just want to move them mirrors up little bit, and the delta timer will then be underneath the mirror.

I tried several times to do this already but nothing worked. Have a race tonight, be glad if I could get this sorted if it is possible. Thanks!

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you provide a screenshot? The delta should not overlap any virtual mirrors.

3. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

4. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

That's probably because of the unusual resolution.

I'm not sure if anyone has made any HUD's for non standard resolutions, but if not, there is a HUD editor in DevMode that you could use to edit this.

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

@hardtohandle
    In the in-game Options, go to Video Res and untick or tick, Widescreen HUD.
    Don't forget to click Apply Changes.
    If that crashes the game or the change didn't stick, you can change it manually.
    In the UserData folder open the Config_DX11.ini with Notepad and change the line WidescreenHUD= to 1 (on), or 0 (off)

6. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Well that kinda worked @ADSTA, it did get the delta bar out of my mirrors which is great!
    But it does create a lesser problem, all the controls down the bottom just get lifted up. I prefer that to delta in mirrors, but it's still not right.
    Here is with widescreen hug on https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5a49s256jvchhw/GRAB_004.JPG?dl=0
    Here is with widescreen hug off https://www.dropbox.com/s/tanmqptihextlz2/GRAB_003.JPG?dl=0
    Also on the off image, it puts a bunch of mangled yellow characters down bottom right under the tyre info box. See the 3 chunks of yellow down bottom right? The first 2 are part of the mod, the right hand one is letters and it goes on/off when you press 6 to toggle that info box on/off.

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I have my rF2 installed on 2 computers, my triple screen cockpit and my single screen 2560x1440 desktop which I use for skinning Dev mode etc.
    I run rF2 on my desktop computer at 1920x1080 windowed mode.
    I went to test your problem and set my resolution in the Video Setup from the Launcher at 1920x1200. I didn't change anything else and there was no problem with my HUD .Widescreen HUD on.

Here is what I did discover @hardtohandle, your virtual mirror is lower than mine.
    GRAB_011.JPG

Maybe you should set Widescreen HUD back on, then remove your player.JSON and put elsewhere for now (desktop) and restart rF2 and let it rebuild a new player.JSON to see if that fixes it.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  8. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Yes that's good idea @ADSTA I only just got around to trying it. Unfortunately deleting player file didn't work.

9. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

This does seem to be more an issue with the mirrors being too low than it does the delta bar being too high, on 1920x1200.
    See @ADSTA pic 2 posts above, delta bar etc is in same place on 1080 and 1200, virtual mirrors are lower on 1200.
    And you can't move virtual mirrors it seems.
    So I would basically say I am stuffed and need to wait for a new build, would that be correct?

10. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered

@hardtohandle
    I had that same problem since new HUD with deltabar was first introduced. It looked like this:
    [​IMG]
    I thought it's a HUD problem, but never paid much attention to it as I was using Simhub overlays and had native HUD partly disabled(#5). After fresh win7 install and new gfx card I just cant use simhub anymore as it produces massive stuttering atm. I never really liked it tbh, but I did like new HUD, so I started using it - with deltabar blocking my rear view. As lazy as I am, best solution I came up with, was turning delta bar ON/OFF with #5 during the race :D But yesterday I came across this screenshot from another user
    [​IMG]
    and immediately realized it's not the HUD but my virtual mirrors that are positioned wrong.
    [​IMG]
    Asked a few questions on SRC discord and here:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/virtual-mirror.60573/#post-952950 and as you can see Lazza linked me to this thread. I did all above, but nothing worked. I renamed my player.json, and restored it back, when new one gave me zero success.
    Now comes the confusing part. When Bernd mentioned aspect ratio, it came to my mind that I've experimenting with different HUD's when we switched to DX11 build. This was one of them:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1243928467&searchtext=hud
    Author of this hud suggests, I quote:
    I didn't make much sense to me, but since I own 16:10 screen, I went for it anyway:
    [​IMG]
    And this is the result:
    [​IMG]
    I hope it helps somehow :)

11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Grrrrrr:mad: I hate that. So busy with resolutions and widescreen hud etc, the one thing I don't think I tried in-car was the stretch ui.
    I ticked and unticked it in the menus but didn't think it would change stuff in-game. The old brain locked into thinking UI = menus, HUD = driving.
    Well done Gasper:cool:
    I'll just go and hide in a corner. :oops:

Gasper Zupan likes this.