Released Subscribe to the latest DX11 updated Content!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. Magus

Magus Registered

I never just overwrite GPU drivers as any issues might not be evident straight away, as stated, I think DDU is just one of those things that is 'good practice' when doing GPU driver up/down-grades.

2. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

Well, against my better instincts, as an old sceptic, I downloaded DDU, cleaned all the Nvidia drivers out, twice just to be sure, and re-installed the newest drivers, just the drivers, without any of the other toys. And the result?

IT'S STILL THERE! Arrrrgggghhhhh :eek:

I've been on this thing now for days, and life has to go on, so I shall now go over to Steam and unsubscribe Toban until such time as Studio397 updates it, or until the DX11 version of rF2 is out of Beta, and then try it again.
    Thanks to everybody that tried to help, especially Captain Cheerful from Norway :D

3. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

it looks like the chevrolet is the safetycar at the end of the pitlane. Did you try to unsubscribe to the chevy camaro, so another car is used as safetycar. Maybe it is not the track, but the car?

Filip likes this.
  4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

rF2 DX11 has been out of beta for some time now. Just saying.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Just to make sure, I suggest you go to control panel, device manager, expand "display adapters", right click on your GPU and select properties, go to "driver" tab and check the driver date there. If it says something between 12/2017 and 1/2018, then you can be sure that latest drivers were installed correctly and we can more or less rule out a driver issue.

6. Filip

Filip Registered

Your pc is cursed. My offer for ecxchange still stands.

7. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

Oh, just goes to show how little time I have for this stuff at the moment, thanks for the heads up :)

8. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

I'll think about it ....:D

9. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

Just checked: 23.01.2018 from MS and from Nvidia 390.77 from 29.01.2018, but thanks anyway :) it was worth a crack

10. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

@GuitarTech

I propose a radical approach.

Deinstall completely rf2, reinstall completely, then reconfigure it completely and cleanly.

By EXPERIENCE, if you have a SSD, a connection speed of 12 MO seconds, and you have the habit of configuring rf2 in all these aspects :

You can do the 4 steps (uninstall, download, install, configure completely) in less than 1h30.

Hoping that everything is in order after .... usually this solves most of the rf2 problems ........

11. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

I finally found the cause, and now it works at last! Some time ago, I installed a Mercedes SLS Safety car 2012 which couldn't be driven, just used as a safety car. I'd forgotten all about it to be honest. And today I saw in the steam workshop that it appears to be broken, and has been abandoned. So I unsubscribed it on a hunch, did a file integrity check (8 files missing), and started Toban in rF2:
    The yellow box is gone, and the car that was inside the box is also another car altogether, it has "official safety car" written on the side, and no number. Go figure....I love a happy end :D

pkelly and Magus like this.
  12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

@S397. It seems a case of material names conflict between track and car content.

Could this case be traced to the origin to avoid future conflicts. Some naming guidelines to prevent track/car "collisions" might be required.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@SPASKIS We should aim higher: a completely separate namespace for each component. The game can do an internal rename of all materials to ensure unique identifiers (much more quickly and easily than modders) if the engine can't be made to deal with duplicates. Let modders share materials between a component's cars, sure, but is there any benefit to doing it across components? I understand it's potentially a memory saving, but how often does it get used? (and again, the game is being run on powerful PCs... surely it can find common mats and save memory automatically...)

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

To my knowledge Mercedes SLS Safety car 2012 is the only content which causes conflict between track and car content and it has been abandoned from the Steam Workshop. Is there any other content which causes this issue too?

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

All I am saying is that the issue arised here should be reviewed in order to understand what has occurred. If the conflict can only happen with pace car we are quite safe since the number of them is very reduced but if the conflict could also occur between the racing cars and the track we could have a bigger problem.
    When bugs are related to specific combos they are much harder to diagnose and debug.

16. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

Yeah, this raises the question about why this car is still available in the Workshop at all? Official Workshop content that is known to break other things in rF2?
    And, whilewe're on the subject: what about modernising the Steam Workshop, and making it less clunky and easier to use?
    If I'm being brutally honest, the Workshop is a mess, a good idea very badly executed. Another item for rF2s endless bucket list? :D

17. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

It would interest me why the Chevy Nr.5 that doesn't appear to work with DX11, magicly disappears, to be replaced with a completely different car, which works, when the Mercedes SLS safety car is removed. What's the connection between the two, and how can these conflicts be avoided? If another poster hadn't mentioned trying removing the addon Chevy Camaro (which I don't have anyway), I'd never've thought of a connection like this in a million years...

Ari Antero and SPASKIS like this.
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

If I go to www.studio-397.com there is a video running in the background and in that video there is the Corvette C6 doing dounuts around a old plane . My query is why is this car in the promo vid yet not updated to latest tech ?
    This car along with the Honda NSX are really important to the success of rF2 !

Edit , this is the video

0:27 is the vette and even the NSX is at 0:48
    I realise this is before S397 but to be still using this vid on the official website and using content that isnt even updated is a bit misleading and sad for people who may purchase this wanting some road cars or even older users like myself who love driving them !

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Nitrometh and Guimengo like this.
  20. stonec

stonec Registered

They are 3PA content based on original rF1 mods by Siim Annuk and Niels Heusinkveld (Reiza), so I'm afraid they will likely never get updated.