Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Considering that I turn off all extra effects when [rarely] playing other games... no.
    Honestly the only thing I wish S397 would do now is to put all their tracks on same quality and looks as NOLA. Tracks like Portugal looks total shit not because they are bad done, but because they are old. But then not even Zandvoort is being reworked to be at that level.
    And while you are at it make some effort to make mods look that same way, distribute whatever is necessary to make it happen. Some tracks make this sim actually look worse than GTR2 (let me explain because it seems necessary... comparing how new rF2 is and how old GTR2 is... that should be enough, hopefully), protect the image of your own product ;)
    Just my final 2 cents. Nuff said.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

GTR2 was a brill sim in its day
    But it has no where near the transitions & advanced dynamics of rfactor2 , no comparison

Creates a typical forum time burning argument though I guess for those with lots of time

3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

What is so bad about the fact that you need a good PC to get a beautiful looking game, especialy in sim environments where some people play with unusual high resolutions? Lemme tell you that it is the same for every game: the better your hardware the higher the chance that you will be able to utilize modern tech to it's full potential. It is no joke, but Players Unknown Battlegrounds looks and runs worse than BF2 on my PC due to the simple fact that it is very demanding game on a rather demanding engine. But I don't blame the game for it. I have played it on hardware that is good enough and it looks great. And the same goes for ArmA or any other modern game that I play.

Also interesting to know that Will thinks that Portugal looks ugly, because I spent two hours with the ES mod on it today (allmost everything on low and medium, except for the player details) and I got a pretty decent looking and smooth experience with 40 cars on track (ten visible). To say that track looks ugly is a bit of a far stretch if you ask me and I wonder if you are still palying the old version. :D From my perspective it is one of the best tracks available and heavily underrated. It is not only very detailed, especialy with the scenery but also a joy to drive with some nice showcases for the physics engine. That uphile chicane is blizz in any car.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  4. stonec

stonec Registered

If I don't remember wrong, the Portugal GDB entry is dating the event for 2009, so it's much older than even the first beta of rF2. No amount of engine updates will help to fix that. I would say that when you have daytime conditions, it exposes more the artwork and textures. With morning or afternoon, the game engine is more dictating the looks and even a badly made track can look acceptable. But under optimal light conditions, there is no way for the engine to hide the ugliness of art.

5. FS7

FS7 Registered

You obviously misunderstood my post.
    On my old setup (i5 4460, 8GB RAM, 2GB GTX 750 ti) I had to keep rF2 settings at low/mid to get decent framerates and the game looked average at best. Meanwhile on that same PC games like Dirt Rally & PCars on medium settings looked better and had better framerate than rF2.
    Of course a better PC will get me better performance & graphics, my point is that imo rF2 isn't as well optimized as the other games I mentioned. There have been improvements in that area since the move to DX11 but it could still be better imo.

Andregee and Guimengo like this.
  6. Travis

Travis Registered

AMS runs fantastically well on my 1070 with the AA cranked up to max within the game launcher (which is 8x MSAA & 4 x SSMA from memory). AMS should basically run at max settings at way above 60fps on any hardware from the last 5 years.

I do agree that for an older ISI based sim, AMS looks fine until you play something using the newest isimotor engine (rF2) or an isimotor 2 based sim with a custom graphics engine (R3E) as well as AC, pCARS 1 & 2 or any of the Codemasters and Milestone games.

RaceNut, mesfigas and Filip like this.
  7. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Problem continues! Help please!

Adrianstealth and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Try a clean installation perhaps without modify player.json and controller.json ?

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Your pc could be bottle necking
    Test using a much lower resolution & graphic settings

10. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Now I'm doing a clean installation with a new profile. Then I will experiment with graphics settings. But I do not think there is a problem with this. Because FPS does not fall, only car hangs...
    Previously, there were no such problems. It started after the performance update. At what the problem began to appear more often.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I have the same thing happening in VR ! Have you tried Alt Tabbing after each mouse click ?
    Do that a let me know if you get no pauses any more .

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I had a side by side with rF2 and pC2 last night in VR and have to say rF2 looks every bit as good as pC2 while in VR , dare i say rf2 looks better !
    pC2 has shimmering and flickering textures all over the place . I did a night race around Brands Indy in both with Mclaren 650 and GT3's and man in pC2 the carbon shimmers SOOOO bad it makes the game look REALLY bad along with entire fences and guardrails kind of turn on and off with flicker !

Travis and mesfigas like this.
  13. Travis

Travis Registered

pCARS 2 has some of the worst trackside pop in, glitching textures and knackered shadow draw details I can recall seeing. Some parts long amazing and others half baked all at the same time!

I'd place rF2's Silverstone with low PP enabled (I find mid or higher PP has a post nuclear explosion glow) as one of the finest tracks in any sim today. It shows what isimotor 2.5 can do at its very best.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    2ndLastJedi likes this.
  14. KittX

KittX Registered

Open up devmode, look at map drawcalls, look at fps fluctuations from place to place, dependent on draw calls. Geez, look at NOLA, the track is quite empty everywhere but once you face pitstop area drawcalls go up to thousands. And in rainy races it is where the stutter is going to be. Then try to unite more textures to bigger atlases, and look how evenly the map calls are spread. Of course you cannot make everything perfect, but less is more within this engine. And there was talk about hundreds. One-two hundreds is more or less okay, but how many were assumed? 5-6-8?

15. Schumi

Schumi Registered

It helps, but after a few seconds everything repeats. Low graphics settings also does not solve the problem. At the moment of freezing, FPS remains at the same level, as if nothing happened.

Clean install on SSD (was on HDD, but I do not think there is a problem with this, since other games are working properly) with old profile - no problems now. Tomorrow I will once again make the installation on the HDD and check what happens.

16. Schumi

Schumi Registered

I checked this - processor is loaded with a maximum of 40%, video card is 80%.
    I using i5 4670, GTX 1060 6G, 16 Gb DDR3, 1 monitor 1920x1080, borderless mode rF2.

17. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Try fullscreen.

18. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I would also recommend a fresh installation. Delete everything and start new. Is that track available for none league drivers?
    Cheers

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

wow the car totally stops :eek:
    Do you have the use thread set to true in the control.json? that's the only thing I can think about, that processor should not have any issue. Or use the CPU Core Parking to check if they are all running and also the if for any reason it is running at lower clocks than it should, set everything to 100%

20. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I would be very carefull to make any suspicions or giving advices about those freezes, when the shown content is exclusively 3rd party content. The question is if it happens with official content aswell.